HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:24 PM
Scotsman in Germany
tiggertoo1962's Avatar
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,782 Posts
Been looking at the IMAX B6AC. Going by the name I suppose you can only use it with the mains, but since I don't have a car that's not an issue. Are there any other notable differences to the normal B6?

Cheers
Fin
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:45 PM
toy? but it's a fun toy....F45
fishndorkr's Avatar
United States, OR, Mehama
Joined Jan 2013
115 Posts
ok thanks BTHIRSK . The flybar is still straight as an arrow , to be honest, the WHOLE darn thing is loose and sloppy ....the swashplate has movement from side to side, all the connectors have small amounts of play and the piece that holds the blades has side to side play and wobble. I sure wish i had another one to compare it with. Maybe they cast all my plastic parts the monday morning following the month long Chinese holliday!
fishndorkr is offline Find More Posts by fishndorkr
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:55 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishndorkr View Post
ok thanks BTHIRSK . The flybar is still straight as an arrow , to be honest, the WHOLE darn thing is loose and sloppy ....the swashplate has movement from side to side, all the connectors have small amounts of play and the piece that holds the blades has side to side play and wobble. I sure wish i had another one to compare it with. Maybe they cast all my plastic parts the monday morning following the month long Chinese holliday!
You need to do the rubberband trick which is to run a rubber band between the canopy mounts and over the elevator swash linkage.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:10 PM
Scotsman in Germany
tiggertoo1962's Avatar
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Speaking of which, I found an old power supply in a cupboard today which I had forgotten about. It is 12V but only gives out 0.83A and has a mini-jack (3.5mm I think) connector on it. If I rip the connector off I should be able to use it to fire an IMAX B6 and still be a little quicker than the 3 hours I need with the stock charger... shouldn't I?
Ignore this one guys. Just found an original IMAX B6 with power supply shipped from Germany for under 45€ .

http://www.ebay.de/itm/290855607429?...84.m1497.l2649

Don't know if anyone else in Germany is interested... I think the seller may have made a mistake here, as he usually sells the charger without the power supply for this price .

Fin
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:14 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Managed to run down 2 batteries earlier on Big Bird II and between taking The Wife shopping and taking my daughter for her asthma checkup cobbled a quick vid together with free software. I really do need to buy a licence, but the charger will be next on the shopping list .

Speaking of which, I found an old power supply in a cupboard today which I had forgotten about. It is 12V but only gives out 0.83A and has a mini-jack (3.5mm I think) connector on it. If I rip the connector off I should be able to use it to fire an IMAX B6 and still be a little quicker than the 3 hours I need with the stock charger... shouldn't I?

Cheers
Fin

Bugger "upload failed". Have to try again later
Fin pm me if you want videopad, it works great. Is wot I used.
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:18 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Still need some practice, but I'm getting there. Only one crash in 2 batteries .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnGbAlMqHVk
This video is private. is wot i got lad
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:23 PM
Scotsman in Germany
tiggertoo1962's Avatar
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld View Post
This video is private. is wot i got lad
Oops!

Changed it now mate
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:26 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottheli View Post
So Guys, what do you all think on the BL Options. Is the kit made for the F45 more or less power than the HK route with EH200. (BTY) Do mounting screws come with motor or separate. Oh the kit is priced a good bit higher than HK route too. Also, I would like a set of main blades that make that real helicopter chopping sound. Are there any on HK or E Bay y'all reccommend? I do not know the correct size? I believe wood with vinyl cover make the best sound combined with 10 degree pitch for better overall flight for the F45, just that they break easy from what I have read. Is that correct? I want to order before Chinese New Year because they will be on vacation celebrating. So, has anyone tried both? If so, what was the result, install ease included, because like I said when I joined the thread I prefer to Fly more than repair or maintain, although I have worked on anything and everything my whole life. Please give your thoughts and opinions. All comments welcome. Now get out and go fly, including me, Later Guys, ScottHeli Oh Yeah, it will not fly my homemade pontoons with a 9volt battery and motorcycle LED's, at least stock anyways, Enjoy!!!!!
Dunno Scott, I'd like some actual lift numbers from both of the BL motors afore I plunk down my bucks. (as in how many grams lift each exhibits) Someone mentioned 50 grams lift, a ways back... i dunno which motor they refered to
Cheers
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:28 PM
Scotsman in Germany
tiggertoo1962's Avatar
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld View Post
Fin pm me if you want videopad, it works great. Is wot I used.
Is it simple like me? I tried a couple but Wondershare was the one I found easiest to use... I'm more than willing to be proven wrong though. The bath's running but I'll PM you when I'm out.

Thanks
Fin
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:39 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishndorkr View Post
ok thanks BTHIRSK . The flybar is still straight as an arrow , to be honest, the WHOLE darn thing is loose and sloppy ....the swashplate has movement from side to side, all the connectors have small amounts of play and the piece that holds the blades has side to side play and wobble. I sure wish i had another one to compare it with. Maybe they cast all my plastic parts the monday morning following the month long Chinese holliday!
Fish welkies to the best forum about the 'best bang for your heli-buck' copter. I have 2 f45's, an old style and the new style. Neither of mine have the sort of slop that you describe. The '45 head is so good, the lads are putting it on 450 class helis as a FP option. I would examine the head carefully, perhaps they left the bushing outta the blade grip center.
Else, with this much slop (its alot) I would vote on 'get on the horn to the supplier and sort this clusterfk' ASAFP
Cheers
Bob
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:42 PM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Zarrick's Avatar
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
Woah woah woah, as You guys are talking here about those warehouses, I just remembered I havent choosed any warehouse when ordering both orders :-O Isn't that a problem or something?
Anyway, how long does take the delivery in EU? My first order was shipped two weeks ago, still havent received anything.
Zarrick is offline Find More Posts by Zarrick
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:43 PM
Eternal beginner
Rollmops67's Avatar
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Been looking at the IMAX B6AC. Going by the name I suppose you can only use it with the mains, but since I don't have a car that's not an issue. Are there any other notable differences to the normal B6?

Cheers
Fin
Hello Nachbar !
I have a genuine B6AC, and yes there is also a DC input (from 11 to 18 V).
There is even a cable with 2 alligator clips on one end and the connector that fits in the DC input on the other end supplied in the box.

I have the B6Ac since 6 months and I am very happy with it, it works just fine and indicated voltages are correct within 0.01 volt.

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Last edited by Rollmops67; Feb 01, 2013 at 03:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:52 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Oops!

Changed it now mate
I dont get to see green grass til May... Who said you canna fly Fin?
Great first time, I sure didnt do that well my first time. and looks like your video editor does things mine dont (or i dont know how LOL). I am for with new software.
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:55 PM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottheli View Post
So Guys, what do you all think on the BL Options. Is the kit made for the F45 more or less power than the HK route with EH200. (BTY) Do mounting screws come with motor or separate. Oh the kit is priced a good bit higher than HK route too. Also, I would like a set of main blades that make that real helicopter chopping sound. Are there any on HK or E Bay y'all reccommend? I do not know the correct size? I believe wood with vinyl cover make the best sound combined with 10 degree pitch for better overall flight for the F45, just that they break easy from what I have read. Is that correct? I want to order before Chinese New Year because they will be on vacation celebrating. So, has anyone tried both? If so, what was the result, install ease included, because like I said when I joined the thread I prefer to Fly more than repair or maintain, although I have worked on anything and everything my whole life. Please give your thoughts and opinions. All comments welcome. Now get out and go fly, including me, Later Guys, ScottHeli Oh Yeah, it will not fly my homemade pontoons with a 9volt battery and motorcycle LED's, at least stock anyways, Enjoy!!!!!
I can't tell you anything about the brushless kit, but the EH200 has lots of power. My heli is almost 100gm over stock weight because of the batteries, canopy, brushless tail and it is lengthened about 250mm.
I have the 10degree extreme plastic fiber blades which work best.
The wood blades are nice, but are not suitable for the blade mounts and will break.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:01 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
348 Posts
F45 Foamie

BTW you lot, a free heads up... I am going to town shortly, my sole misson: foamie F45 building materials! LMFAO
Rest assured I will somehow get piccys for you NON-BELIEVERS (and a video of the beastie flying too) ROFLMFAO
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion On self stabilising single-rotor helis (FP/CP) and comparison to quadcopters and coax LMF5000 Electric Heli Talk 10 Apr 13, 2014 03:59 PM
Discussion UAV systems Single Rotor vs Multi Rotor iskoos UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 2 Jan 06, 2012 11:51 PM
Question Upgrading from Co-Axial to FP Single Rotor Judo JoNny Electric Heli Talk 57 Sep 20, 2010 01:10 PM
Discussion Best FP single rotor 4 CH Heli? helinewbie617 Micro Helis 76 Oct 31, 2009 08:16 PM
For Sale will trade my orbiter coaxial for a fp or cp single rotor heli micro heli Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Sep 05, 2007 02:36 PM