HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:16 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker1955 View Post
Now I'm confused! I was originally gonna order the parts from HK but was under the impression that it wouldn't work right with the version 2 receiver, I thought that was why aliexpress came out with the version 2 BL upgrade kit with the new board/esc.Am I wrong in this, otherwise why did aliexpress first offer two different options?
Checked back and you're right. Had read it myself but I wasn't too sure, hence the question. Looks like the guys didn't notice I had the new PCB . Thank god 10 eyes are better than 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdawg View Post
update on my post on page 389 about the new tx/rx and bl motor
It will work if you insert a switch on the positive side (red) of the esc power imput.
1 initiate power to the board with esc switch OFF
2 bind
3 after a few seconds initiate power to the esc(flip switch)
It will operate normally now
BEWARE when you,re finished flying turn off power to the esc BEFORE turning off power to the board or turning off tx....If you don,t do this the motor will rev up briefly
when you shut off power to the board . ZDAWG

@ zdawg

What kind of switch did you use on the esc cable? Do you have a link so I can source one? If possible, a pic would help me a lot too . At least I'll get to practise my soldering skills .

Cheers
Fin
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:41 PM
Joined Oct 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
My motor plate had extra holes that lines up perfect with the motor. I will seee if I can find out the correct screw size for you.
The original motor doesn't came with screws? i don't remember and i don't have the Heli with me right now =(
ddrmax69 is offline Find More Posts by ddrmax69
Last edited by ddrmax69; Jan 30, 2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:00 PM
Joined Oct 2011
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Checked back and you're right. Had read it myself but I wasn't too sure, hence the question. Looks like the guys didn't notice I had the new PCB . Thank god 10 eyes are better than 8

@ zdawg

What kind of switch did you use on the esc cable? Do you have a link so I can source one? If possible, a pic would help me a lot too . At least I'll get to practise my soldering skills .

Cheers
Fin
Any simple small on/off switch will do...got mine from radio shack...red switch/blue light is for esc....yellow switch/white light is for reciever and tail motor
zdawg is offline Find More Posts by zdawg
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:08 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrmax69 View Post
The original motor doesn't came with screws? i don't remember and i don't have the Heli with me right now =(
To my recollection it does not. Something like this will work.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...m2.5x5&x=0&y=0
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Last edited by arrowshooter; Jan 30, 2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:16 PM
Südpfalz / Germany
Joined Jan 2013
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Can someone confirm that the EH200 motor screw is an M2.5?
There are two M 2 and two M 2,5 screws.

Btw: I use the Turnigy 25 A Basic BEC to have an buffer in current. It works great and got not warm.

Greetings from Germany

Werner
Werner_x is offline Find More Posts by Werner_x
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:24 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdawg View Post
Any simple small on/off switch will do...got mine from radio shack...red switch/blue light is for esc....yellow switch/white light is for reciever and tail motor
Brilliant, just what I was looking for, thanks

Cool looking bird, by the way

Fin

Just out of curiosity, any particular reason you have your RX and tail motor on a switch instead of them just being fired up when you plug the battery in? Bet I'll kick myself when I see the answer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:31 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werner_x View Post

Btw: I use the Turnigy 25 A Basic BEC to have an buffer in current. It works great and got not warm.

Greetings from Germany

Werner
Tidy work and really helpful pics Werner, thanks.

Have you found a local, reasonably-priced supplier for this stuff, or do you still use Hobby King and the like?

Grüße aus Schwabach
Fin
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:46 PM
Südpfalz / Germany
Joined Jan 2013
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Tidy work and really helpful pics Werner, thanks.

Have you found a local, reasonably-priced supplier for this stuff, or do you still use Hobby King and the like?

Grüße aus Schwabach
Fin
Sorry not. The importand things like the EH 200, Programmingcard, or the wright Turnigy Nanotech 2000 mA are only from the HK Global warehouse available.
But I got the 25 A BEC and other things from the german warehouse within 2 days (direkt to me without customs)

Good and cheap pinions you can get here:http://http://www.ebay.de/itm/360438327134?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1423.l2649

If you have questions > PM me

Werner
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:04 PM
Joined Dec 2012
348 Posts
winds finally died down, got a nice 6 min run... who or whom turned the rudder up to 90%? was like a... well... the vid gave me a wee bit o motion sickness.
cheers lads
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:17 PM
Joined Oct 2012
16 Posts
Quote:

Greetings from Germany

Werner
AMAZING PICS

I love you! thanks !!
ddrmax69 is offline Find More Posts by ddrmax69
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:24 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,771 Posts
Quote:
Sorry not. The importand things like the EH 200, Programmingcard, or the wright Turnigy Nanotech 2000 mA are only from the HK Global warehouse available.
But I got the 25 A BEC and other things from the german warehouse within 2 days (direkt to me without customs)

Good and cheap pinions you can get here:http://http://www.ebay.de/itm/360438327134?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1423.l2649

If you have questions > PM me

Werner
Yup, thought so. Wasn't sure if I was just too impatient to use their site properly, as it's not very well set up as far as changing currency, warehouse checking, shipping info, etc. are concerned

I think we who live in Germany (and France Roland ) need to get together and petition HK for better local stocking .

Who knows, maybe when R.C.Man gets his hobby shop up and running he'll have a bunch of customers trampling his door down

By the way, are your swash and your head parts painted or metal ?

Cheers
Fin
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:50 PM
Joined Dec 2012
348 Posts
dont throw away that slightly bent/dented tail boom. divided into 2 equal parts, it is perfect for modded landing gear 'feet'. although its not 1/2" OD, with them 5 or 6 tywraps per foot, the diameter is perfect for pontoons
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:11 PM
Südpfalz / Germany
Joined Jan 2013
10 Posts
Modification for longer batteries and balance

Quote:
[

By the way, are your swash and your head parts painted or metal ?

Cheers
Fin
Only painted but it looks good for me
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Because of many questions " how to get a longer LIPO inside " ??

Look at the pictures.

With this modification you get space for longer LIPOS and you are able to balance the BABY.

this way << ----->> or

<------>> this way or

<<<<<----> this way

Sorry for my terrible english

Good night

Werner
Last edited by Werner_x; Jan 30, 2013 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Modification for longer batteries
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:37 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,520 Posts
At long last I finally had a chance to do some flying. The first video is my F45 with the 1500mah nano-tech battery from Hobby King. I've now mounted it 450 style - angled at the front where the PCB used to be. Then I moved the PCB down above the front landing gear mount. I moved the ESC up to where I think I saw Roland has his - on the right side of the upper frame. I also added bullet connectors to the ESC/Motor so I can easily remove and switch around the connections if needed. Next I moved the RX/Tail battery between the rear skids and I think that's it. Centre of gravity is set pretty nice. It's been quite some time since I've flown so I can't really tell you if it's better or not but my feeling is it's handing FFF much better. I found my F45 used to want to go towards the ground on FFF but now it seems to want to maintain altitude and just go fast. It felt pretty smooth!
MJX F45 with new 3s battery and modifications (0 min 0 sec)

This next video is the F645 with the new flat-mounted gyro. First time out flying it, completely stock. It flew quite nicely - no adjustments on the TX or the swash. I was quite impressed by that. I noticed that it feels castrated for power compared to my 3s EH200 setup. I also noticed it doesn't handle pitch and roll movements nearly as well either. A couple times I felt like it was near that point of no return where it would just dive forward or sideways into whatever obstacle it found first. In all fairness I had just flown the modified F45 so I was trying to zip around like I normally would. Overall I was quite pleased and found no cause for concern with the new version.
MJX F645 Version 2 with flat mounted gyro and new transmitter (3 min 39 sec)
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by rexless; Jan 30, 2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Fixed Video
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:13 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Nice vids rexless. The first one froze at 2:40 but still had plenty to see. Does the canopy fit over the 3s lipo?
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter