SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:13 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,781 Posts
Hobby King website

Who knows their way around the Hobby King website?

Got the EH200 BL, Turnigy Basic 18A ESC and the 2.3mm 10T pinion gear in my shopping basket, but would like to check out how much shipping to Germany will be before I carry on with the order.

Maybe the page is just too cluttered and I'm suffering from information overload, but I can't see where I have to click

HEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!!
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:22 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post

Got the EH200 BL, Turnigy Basic 18A ESC and the 2.3mm 10T pinion gear in my shopping basket, but would like to check out how much shipping to Germany will be before I carry on with the order.

Maybe the page is just too cluttered and I'm suffering from information overload, but I can't see where I have to click

HEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!!
Click continue. you will see it. If you do not like just back out and remove from cart.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:22 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:

HEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!!!
Put everything in your cart and proceed to check-out, pick your shipping and it will show up on the next page. If you dont like it , just dont go futher.

This is assuming you have an account.

Typing at the same time as arrowshooter, man, I got to get better with two fingers
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:16 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,781 Posts
Thanks guys. As long as the parts are < 100g the shipping's reasonable - just over 3

Anyone in Europe have experience with HK delivery times? Can't wait to get my hands on the gear as the weather's too crappy for flying ATM
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:30 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Thanks guys. As long as the parts are < 100g the shipping's reasonable - just over 3

Anyone in Europe have experience with HK delivery times? Can't wait to get my hands on the gear as the weather's too crappy for flying ATM
Delivery times wont apply right now as its going into the Chinese new year, I would expect twice the delivery time if you order now, regarless of where your located.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:35 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
Typing at the same time as arrowshooter, man, I got to get better with two fingers
LOL, the race to the submit button.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:41 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
LOL, the race to the submit button.
LMAO, it always seems to come down to some kind of competition doesnt it ?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:19 PM
Joined Dec 2012
210 Posts
Now I'm confused! I was originally gonna order the parts from HK but was under the impression that it wouldn't work right with the version 2 receiver, I thought that was why aliexpress came out with the version 2 BL upgrade kit with the new board/esc.Am I wrong in this, otherwise why did aliexpress first offer two different options?
tracker1955 is offline Find More Posts by tracker1955
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:51 PM
Goooo!!!! Get to da choppa!!!!
United States, NC, Albemarle
Joined Jan 2013
505 Posts
My F645 finally arrived today. I must say I am hooked on this helicopter! Setting up the remote was easy, and it flew very well- especially since I was at the controls. I had a light breeze to contend with, which is quite difficult when the aileron is set at 65%. I broke the toes off of BOTH skids, but that wasn't so bad. I chickened out and cut throttle to avoid a tree during a gust, and the throttle was set to 50%, so there was no chance of recovery. Oh well, I am still very impressed.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread. Even though it was my first flight, I had quite a bit of experience to draw from. This thread should be required reading when you purchase this helicopter!
kpinnc is offline Find More Posts by kpinnc
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:58 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,524 Posts
Congrats kpinnc!

I've been modding my original F45 (as recently posted) but finally broke down and decided to unpackage my backup (V2). I have done hover tests in my basement with both today and I was quite shocked at how much difference the brushless mod makes when actually flying one after the other. That said, the new V2 stock F645 hovered beautifully. The only modifications I did pre-flight were to adjust the TX to Mode 4 (which is really mode 2), increase throttle to 100%, decrease rudder to 75% and increase aileron and elevators to 100%. It has a slight forward tendency at the moment so I will adjust the swash later, but as-is if it's nice tomorrow, it's airtime!
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:13 PM
Joined Jan 2013
505 Posts
Quote:
Congrats kpinnc!

I've been modding my original F45 (as recently posted) but finally broke down and decided to unpackage my backup (V2). I have done hover tests in my basement with both today and I was quite shocked at how much difference the brushless mod makes when actually flying one after the other. That said, the new V2 stock F645 hovered beautifully. The only modifications I did pre-flight were to adjust the TX to Mode 4 (which is really mode 2), increase throttle to 100%, decrease rudder to 75% and increase aileron and elevators to 100%. It has a slight forward tendency at the moment so I will adjust the swash later, but as-is if it's nice tomorrow, it's airtime!
Thanks!

Mine is a V2 for sure, going by the gyro location anyway. It hovered well, but I had some trouble with drifting to the left- though that may have been nothing more than the light breeze. Since I was a bit nervous with it, I kept it oriented the same way the Tx was facing...

I just found a dent in the tail boom. The flybar has some reach in a crash!

This thing is QUICK! I can't wait until tomorrow.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:41 PM
Joined Jan 2013
31 Posts
Hey Guys,
After having the F45 for about a week and half I feel I've picked up the controls and movements of the helicopter pretty well. I've been banking turns with no issues and diving and doing circuits a couple of times a day (on lunch, and after work). I'm starting to feel very comfortable with the helicopter and see my self getting bored with it very soon. Aside from becoming comfortable with the heli my other frustration is it's lack of forward movement in wind. Unless I'm going with the wind and coming back down in a dive it will pretty much just hover in place in a not so strong wind if it's going against it. I'm considering returning the heli and putting my money towards a more advanced collective pitch heli which will give me more of a challenge and be able to handle wind better. I bought the f45 as a mid point heli to get me prepared for a 6ch 3d helicopter but now I'm thinking I should have just jumped right into one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm considering spending up to 300 for a ready to fly kit. Thanks!
quizza is offline Find More Posts by quizza
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:47 PM
Joined Oct 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb1 View Post
I agree with BThirsk. Very simple mod with the EH200 BL motor and 18A ESC. (and cheaper) Only 2 wires to solder on PC board. ESC servo plug goes to spare port on PCB. Here is a wiring diagram someone made awhile back showing the main BL motor conversion:
This work???!?!??! i'm already buying:

EH200-4100 - EH200 Brushless Outrunner 4100kv
E2.3-0.5-10T - Pinion Gear 2.3mm/0.5M 10T (1pc)
F-30A - Hobby King 30A ESC 3A UBEC

it's Ok???
ddrmax69 is offline Find More Posts by ddrmax69
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:52 PM
Joined Jan 2013
505 Posts
Quote:
I bought the f45 as a mid point heli to get me prepared for a 6ch 3d helicopter but now I'm thinking I should have just jumped right into one.
I would say that if you crashed your F45 even once during this period, it more than paid for itself. One crash with a CP heli of similar size can be quite expensive. It's not a matter of if it will happen either, it's WHEN. It is going to happen!

Personally, I plan to get all I can from my F45- through mods if necessary, before I move up to anything else. But, I'm hoping to move to scale helicopters instead of 3D.

If there was a larger, more reliable version of the Walkera 4F180- I'd be working my way towards it for scale flying. Too bad that one went away...
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:08 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrmax69 View Post
This work???!?!??! i'm already buying:

EH200-4100 - EH200 Brushless Outrunner 4100kv
E2.3-0.5-10T - Pinion Gear 2.3mm/0.5M 10T (1pc)
F-30A - Hobby King 30A ESC 3A UBEC

it's Ok???
All but the ESC. Most go with this:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html