HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:44 AM
Registered User
War Horse's Avatar
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonamorris6 View Post
I've search and I can't find any instructions on how to remove the balance bar. I bent mine in my last crash as just received a new one but I can't seem to get the old one off???? Any help?

Thanks
J
Theres a pin going through the head assy that needs to be driven out, use a small punch or a nail with a little hammer. Be sure to support the area around the pin, like a small socket. Once you get it to move, use a pair of pliers to pull it the rest of the way out.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:03 AM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
Happy birthday. Really a nice gift + you have a transmitter for this BNF.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...x-p-62840.html
Yep Thats next on me list lol.
My Skyartec Dealer Jeffry here in Oz will have one for me in March.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:04 AM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli_gman View Post
What do you do when you have moved on to bigger/smaller faster more twitchy aerobatic helicopters?
Don't leave that old model in the cupboard or on the shelf to gather dust, MOD IT!
I did this for no other reason then to see if I could and how well it would fly (if at all).
Well it did fly and quite well and is still going strong, it now lives at work for when I get bored
Wow now that is nice I like the bend int the tail, nice touch.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:09 AM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Happy birthday. I noticed you didn't tell us how old.
You'll have to give me pointers when I get my 182. I have one in my HK wish list waiting for spring.
Ok I am 49 years young.
Yep will do it's not a good beginner plane to an extent as it is fast and very agile a beginner would have to dumb it down a bit and I would stay away from the flaps until you get used to it, but with that said you could learn on this as your first plane if you take it easy.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:15 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
fauconnier's Avatar
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
692 Posts
[QUOTE=BThirsk;23940760]That's unusual. On mine, the flybar at full travel still has good clearance to the canopy. Maybe you need to add a small spacer to limit the flybar travel?[/QUOTE

It is not the first time my F45 hit the canopy. I fly my F45, not my small helis or my fragile helis, in a wind that , I think, most pilot would consider too much. I fly in my back yard, a very open space, but it is a windy place. If I want to fly often, I don't have the choice to learn to control the wind, and slowly, with time, it became a part of my fun. Yesterday, the wind was near my limits, a sharp turn + a good wind made the flybar to hit the canopy, something I consider almost normal. If fact my F45 almost didn't react to the strike, I heard a snap and saw a piece of material falling from the shy !
fauconnier is online now Find More Posts by fauconnier
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:18 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
fauconnier's Avatar
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker1955 View Post
I wonder if they shortened the flybar on the version 2 units as I don't think mine could hit either. I remember early posts about foam band on tailboom to prevent a strikes to the boom, but Mine can't even come close. Maybe someone with both versions could compare the two.
I have both version. Exact same heli except the board. Same flybar.
fauconnier is online now Find More Posts by fauconnier
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:23 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
fauconnier's Avatar
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld View Post
Hey Fauconnier that looks like a 'hood scoop' in the making, now. I found the plastic used with the '45 is weak and brittle in the cold .
My last run of the day it was -9f (-22.8c) and flat calm... 6 min and my hands were done
fly til ya die
I usually stop when my hand are burning, the battery still good. I ordered a muff from Hobbyking, Didn't receive yet, may be this week. I will wrote a review !

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=20697
fauconnier is online now Find More Posts by fauconnier
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:29 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
fauconnier's Avatar
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonamorris6 View Post
I've search and I can't find any instructions on how to remove the balance bar. I bent mine in my last crash as just received a new one but I can't seem to get the old one off???? Any help?

Thanks
J
The best trick I saw in this list, excuse me I don't remember who, is to put the flybar over a roll of tape (masking,duck,electrical) before nailing the flybar pin.
fauconnier is online now Find More Posts by fauconnier
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:21 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2009
132 Posts
Arrowshooter, you are correct about the tail. I still could not make it happen because the E-Flite motor shaft is thicker. F45 gear will not go on it without drilling it out.(PITA) Then I tried the DD way but the E-Flite SR tail blade that fits is way shorter than F45 so I could not adapt F45 blade to it, so I blew it off. This morning I looked on Aliexpress.com and found a tail motor they advertise for F45. It looks longer, like the E Flite, except it has the pinion gear on it so just install. The picture does not show the plug to the pcb so I e-mailed to find out. Anybody know about it already please post. Meantime, I still have not read that someone had tried a DD Tail on F45 successfully, and I was wondering about the Xtreme DD Tail. It fits the E SKY tailboom because they advertise it for it. Tail boom size is the key without adaptations. Anyways, I'm still down waiting on parts from banggood on the 21st, so probably by Friday I should see a whole tail unit, and I'll still mod the other one. I kind of want the V922 to learn collective, and not have to go to the field every time I fly, so peace to all here and my flying awaits. ScottHeli
scottheli is offline Find More Posts by scottheli
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:16 PM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
450 skids

I broke a skid when my gyro went crazy from too cold conditions. I decided to look for better skids. These are Tarot 450.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:52 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottheli View Post
Arrowshooter, you are correct about the tail. I still could not make it happen because the E-Flite motor shaft is thicker. F45 gear will not go on it without drilling it out.(PITA) Then I tried the DD way but the E-Flite SR tail blade that fits is way shorter than F45 so I could not adapt F45 blade to it, so I blew it off. This morning I looked on Aliexpress.com and found a tail motor they advertise for F45. It looks longer, like the E Flite, except it has the pinion gear on it so just install. The picture does not show the plug to the pcb so I e-mailed to find out. Anybody know about it already please post. Meantime, I still have not read that someone had tried a DD Tail on F45 successfully, and I was wondering about the Xtreme DD Tail. It fits the E SKY tailboom because they advertise it for it. Tail boom size is the key without adaptations. Anyways, I'm still down waiting on parts from banggood on the 21st, so probably by Friday I should see a whole tail unit, and I'll still mod the other one. I kind of want the V922 to learn collective, and not have to go to the field every time I fly, so peace to all here and my flying awaits. ScottHeli
ScottHeli, I think there was someone that did try that direct drive tail kit with a brushed motor and made it work with the F45. Just need to adapt the adapter to the boom. I am fond of using scotch tape and shrink tubing for that task. You can also find a prop adapter, or even the appropriate rotor to fit what you have now.

Now for the down side. You are still using a brushed motor that will have marginally better life that the stock motor, if any. This is why others are working on perfecting the brushless tail mod. I was doing the same thing, opting to use a 12mm inrunner that bolts in the place of the stock motor, but went the F45/450 route instead because the electronics difficulties of the brushless mod are beyond me.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:53 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I broke a skid when my gyro went crazy from too cold conditions. I decided to look for better skids. These are Tarot 450.
Thats a very nice change!
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:09 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
344 Posts
A 'balmy' -12f this am... winds calm, the '45 was eattin sky like no tomorrow... guess the gyro healed itself lol... and... NO CRASHES LOL, I must be getting better at flying huh
flyin til ima dyin
cheers
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:17 PM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
ScottHeli, I think there was someone that did try that direct drive tail kit with a brushed motor and made it work with the F45. Just need to adapt the adapter to the boom. I am fond of using scotch tape and shrink tubing for that task. You can also find a prop adapter, or even the appropriate rotor to fit what you have now.

Now for the down side. You are still using a brushed motor that will have marginally better life that the stock motor, if any. This is why others are working on perfecting the brushless tail mod. I was doing the same thing, opting to use a 12mm inrunner that bolts in the place of the stock motor, but went the F45/450 route instead because the electronics difficulties of the brushless mod are beyond me.
Actually, several tried the direct drive extreme and eflight brushed motors and reported they did not work as good as the stock motor. They where both designed to run on 11 volts and it appears on 7.4, they are not fast enough.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:17 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I broke a skid when my gyro went crazy from too cold conditions. I decided to look for better skids. These are Tarot 450.
Looks right nice, B... and the airwolfish mods look nice too, sun just popped from behind the mountains gotta go
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion On self stabilising single-rotor helis (FP/CP) and comparison to quadcopters and coax LMF5000 Electric Heli Talk 10 Apr 13, 2014 02:59 PM
Discussion UAV systems Single Rotor vs Multi Rotor iskoos UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 2 Jan 06, 2012 10:51 PM
Question Upgrading from Co-Axial to FP Single Rotor Judo JoNny Electric Heli Talk 57 Sep 20, 2010 12:10 PM
Discussion Best FP single rotor 4 CH Heli? helinewbie617 Micro Helis 76 Oct 31, 2009 07:16 PM
For Sale will trade my orbiter coaxial for a fp or cp single rotor heli micro heli Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Sep 05, 2007 01:36 PM