Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:26 PM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Woah back there Bob, let's not go down that route or you never know where it'll end

Next thing you know we'll have the Irish on here complaining about how the English stole their potatoes...

or the Japanese telling us how the Americans murdered 100s of 1000s of their citizens and left a legacy of cancer for their children...

or maybe some of the NATIVE Americans telling us how the White Man gave them "presents" of pox-infested blankets and stole their ancestral homes from them...

We all live in one world buddy, and it doesn't start at California and end at New York... and, like it or not, unless you make all your parts yourself - being careful of course to check the source of your plastics - you are supporting the Chinese economy no matter which vendor you choose. It's sometimes easy to let your own personal experience colour your world view, but one bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch dude, no matter what apples they are or what kind of barrel they're stored in.

Stay chilled
Fin.
Good said Fin, I couldnt have put it a better way

Frank
R.C. Man is offline Find More Posts by R.C. Man
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:42 PM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
859 Posts
Well, I did a bit of work today,
Fixed my skids on my f-45 so they will NEVER break again....
Made em outa .5 mm stainless, Dare them suckers to break again,(bend, OK, I can bend em back )

Also turned the tail fin around to create the shark fin look.

Have to watch out for the rear landings, but the look is cool.

My Airwolf Fusalage is on the back burner, cause I wanna FLY my bird.
The paint will be sprayed tomarrow, after masking off the windows and stuff.

Yall can give comments , good or bad.
The pic..

Take care yall

Frank Von Hellsing
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:43 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP614 View Post
Well the tail motor failed today. Upon inspection it was not the motor but the pinion gear on the motor. It was completly worn out, to the point it was slipping and binding with blade gear. Has this happend to anyone else? I have less than fifty flights on F45.

On another point has anyone done a BL conversion on the tail motor?
I replaced 4 tail motors on my F45. Only the last one last long enough to wear the pinion and the white gear. I think 50 flights is good. And your main motor ?
fauconnier is online now Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:48 PM
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
Hello !
On my two F45, I had allready 4 tail motor changes (they are good for ABOUT 50 flights). I had heatsinks on the 2 first, an no heatsinks on the 2 next.
I saw no difference in lifespan, it's never the windings of the motor wich fry, but each time, it was because of worn brushes.
The heatsink will cool the magnets of the stator, but I think it will not have a big influence on the rotor and brushes temperature, or if it has, it's not measurable in real life.

Roland

I agree with that. Did someone tried to "prepare" a F45 motor in a glass of water ? Is that could change longevity ?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:05 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld View Post
John, put your thinking cap on... will this sub: Fairchild Semiconductor Part #: FDP8860 N Channel Mosfet 30V 80A To-220
A bit of a time finding the above
cheers
bob
Sorry, Bob, been away a few days: from both heli world and PC repair world (thank god for the latter).

I'm guessing the purpose is to replace the driver for the main motor. If so, after a quick look at the data sheets, certainly can't see any reason why not (though 80A is a bit of overkill).
However, if it gives you any problems, PM me an address and I'll send you a couple of mine. I'll not be going down the brushed main road again.
On the other hand, can only strongly advise you to do the BL main instead. I know you're on a tight budget, but 4/5 flights a day translates to around 1 main motor around every 3 weeks: and compare this with a 'one off' cost of round $40 for a BL conversion, with the added power, wind authority, and flight times.
BThirsks comments re this mod have particular relevance here.
Like him, I have yet to replace any main (or tail) BL motor. And my son and I would have well over 500 BL flights up by now.
Best,
John.
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:39 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.C. Man View Post
Well, I did a bit of work today,
Fixed my skids on my f-45 so they will NEVER break again....
Made em outa .5 mm stainless, Dare them suckers to break again,(bend, OK, I can bend em back )

Also turned the tail fin around to create the shark fin look.

Have to watch out for the rear landings, but the look is cool.

My Airwolf Fusalage is on the back burner, cause I wanna FLY my bird.
The paint will be sprayed tomarrow, after masking off the windows and stuff.

Yall can give comments , good or bad.
The pic..

Take care yall

Frank Von Hellsing
Wana be fancey? Swap the side plates from side to side and she'll be chrome.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:47 PM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Wana be fancey? Swap the side plates from side to side and she'll be chrome.
I thought of that too, but the alu thats on the F-45 just aint right to polish man,
Comes out with pin marks in it, and tryed with acid to remove the black stuff on the front side too, but didnt do a dam thing to the finish.

Some kinda SUPER alloy or somethin else.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:08 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
But the inside is already polished on mine.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:15 PM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
I agree with that. Did someone tried to "prepare" a F45 motor in a glass of water ? Is that could change longevity ?
I do all brushed motor breakin in a glass of water, with 3 drops of mineral oil in the glass, and 3 min. at 1/4 max power volts. 8 volts.....2 volts at 3 min. and so on. 3min 4volts.

Take motor out and blow it dry, let run at 4 volts, and look for sparks,
ya see sparks, add a drop of comm drops on the commutator while spinning from hand, and let it run again. Walla, no sparks...

The water and oil seat the brushes in to the comm. Most brushes are square from the factory, and the runnin in water and oil help to seat them in.

I hope that helps ya Falconman.

Frank
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:19 PM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
But the inside is already polished on mine.
Put a buffer on that stuff and ya wont be happy man, It will look like shinney beer can.
Has pits and scratches all over the place
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:32 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Put a buffer on that stuff and ya wont be happy man, It will look like shinney beer can.
Gotchya!
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:52 PM
Joined Dec 2012
210 Posts
nano techs arrived from HK

Got my nano techs today in the mail, now I have to modify the battery tray to hold and secure them in place. Picked up some material from Radio Shack to fabricate the new tray from. Cut it to fit below the original tray and epoxied in place with a new end brace to keep the battery from sliding. Also notched the material to accept a velcro strap for added security. Could not stand the fake finish on the aluminum sides so blacked them out with a permanent marker, they look much better now. Should get my new main motor and head cover tomorrow from rcroanoke. Also elongated the motor mount bolt holes on the main frame so I can adjust the mesh on the pinion to main gear. I believe the previous mesh was to tight causing the premature failure of my original motor as when I removed it the end bushing was so worn the shaft would wobble. Hopefully the new main will last until I get my brushless kit from aliexpress, my daughter ordered it for me today along with the honey bee tail heat sink. With the previous discussion above it may not help much, but it can't hurt. Hope it won't take much to mod the DH 9104 head cover to fit my F45. Hey, also made a crude prop balancer from a 1/4-20 bolt and two nuts. Cut the head off the bolt and ran it through the root end of both blades, and secured them with the two nuts, then put the blades straight across from each other and placed the bolt on top two cans so the heavy blade would rotate down. Then just used a small piece of tape on the leading edge to get them to balance.
tracker1955 is offline Find More Posts by tracker1955
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:18 PM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Quote:
Couldn't you sand it down, then use a metal polish compound along with a felt wheel to make it nice and shiny? :-D
dralan is offline Find More Posts by dralan
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:22 PM
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMad39 View Post
Well I took the plunge an became a guinea pig with the aliexpress bl kit and after a few wt me and a fellow heli flyer friend figure it out and I am happy to report all works well and it flys terrific , the motor after 11 minutes flying was only touch warm not like the stock motor which would be burning my finger at that time here is a pic of what you actually get for the v2 kit in the second pic is what they advertised
Could you provide a link? I couldn't find the kit for sale on their website. All I got in my search was the MJX F45 helicopter and the camera kit.
dralan is offline Find More Posts by dralan
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:59 PM
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
665 Posts
F46 transmitter

I wrote that the transmitter of the F47 and F46 the GR146 bind with the new board F45. I would like to add that you will loose the control of the beginner/inter/advance switch, cyclic and rudder are always 100 %. The throttle control is still active.

The transmitter of the F45, GR129 is 100% compatible with the F47 but it is not enough, for me, to like the F47 !