HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:26 AM
Joined Dec 2012
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
Hello !

On the transmitter, once powered, you DO have to go at 100% with the throttle (stick all the way up) and come back to 0% (stick all the way down) so the binding process can bee done.

Did you do that ?

Roland
thanks for getting back with me that worked i took it outside yesterday 20 degrees outside about 7mph winds this flew great!!!i would like to put heat sinks on it so i dont have problems later any other items i should pick up so i can help reduce down time once the weather breaks! for i know i'am going to love this heli.
timg734 is offline Find More Posts by timg734
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:30 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timg734 View Post
thanks for getting back with me that worked i took it outside yesterday 20 degrees outside about 7mph winds this flew great!!!i would like to put heat sinks on it so i dont have problems later any other items i should pick up so i can help reduce down time once the weather breaks! for i know i'am going to love this heli.
Have a look at this post tim. Should sort you out for the time being

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...d#post22655540

If you need more info on the individual mods, best to use the search engine. Does wonders for the learning curve

Sorry, read it too quickly... that's the mods, not reducing the down time.

Had mine just over a week. Overflew my capabilities, so have used one of the spare main blades and the tail rotor. Couple of batteries is always good; flybar in case you bend it too much; rotor head in case you fly like me ; main motor and a couple of tail motors.

Think that should keep you going for a while... anything I've missed guys?

p.s. I get all my spares from Banggood EXCEPT the tail motor. One of the other guys will no doubt send you in the right direction for them. Haven't bought one myself yet, as I just ordered the whole tail
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by tiggertoo1962; Jan 21, 2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:41 PM
Joined Mar 2009
83 Posts
Hobby King

How do you take something out of you cart. I was just browsing parts and clicked on something to look at and now I can not get it out of my cart so I can order the turnigy 2000mah battery unless someone has found an even better one. I tried the rubber band mod to keep swashplate from bouncing and it works great. Thanks for that tip guys. My tail is noisy since it fell out of the tree so I ebayed another for $10.99 shipped. My head seems a little out of balance, so I'm working on getting that smooth. If not I'm flying anyway when the wind dies again. Y'all have fun flying!!!!!!!! Cheers ScottHeli
Oh I noticed two BL conversion kits, one at fiela.com and one at aliexpress.com
They appear that one has a board open and the other has a ESC covered or are they the same and they are just showing you what you get. Whats y'alls take on this because I prefer plug and play due to time?
scottheli is offline Find More Posts by scottheli
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:45 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
For those of you that may by interested in pursuing the F45/450, I put some fairly detailed build up info here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1813325
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Last edited by arrowshooter; Jan 21, 2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:50 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottheli View Post
How do you take something out of you cart. I was just browsing parts and clicked on something to look at and now I can not get it out of my cart so I can order the turnigy 2000mah battery unless someone has found an even better one. I tried the rubber band mod to keep swashplate from bouncing and it works great. Thanks for that tip guys. My tail is noisy since it fell out of the tree so I ebayed another for $10.99 shipped. My head seems a little out of balance, so I'm working on getting that smooth. If not I'm flying anyway when the wind dies again. Y'all have fun flying!!!!!!!! Cheers ScottHeli
Oh I noticed two BL conversion kits, one at fiela.com and one at aliexpress.com
They appear that one has a board open and the other has a ESC covered or are they the same and they are just showing you what you get. Whats y'alls take on this because I prefer plug and play due to time?
On the righthand side of the item in your cart is a little trash can icon. Click it.

As for the out of balance head, most all of that is due to a bent flybar. Even the slightest bent will cause a vibration. You really need to look at it close.

From what I understand, those brushless conversions come with either the new or old PCB. It is turning out that they are not interchangable so you would need to get the one that has the same PCB as yours.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:06 PM
Ukraine, Crimea, Bakhchysarai
Joined Mar 2012
1,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz View Post
Been thinking some more about your 'collate the important stuff, and close the thread' idea (and your kind offer to be the collator).
But feel your though your idea may have validity, your quote above suggests that perhaps - if we are to go this way - it would be better to have someone with a lot of experience here doing the editing. I'd suggest Gordonzo himself, BThirsk, or Markkona as being pioneers here: I know I've learned a lot from them.
But it would take the judgement of Solomon to work out what should be kept, imo. You may feel (eg) my 'Frankencopter' to be of no interest here - but (if so), why 50+ pageviews of pics?.
And there's ongoing contributions of interest, too. Fauconniers findings re yaw affecting cyclic - affects stock F45s, was of great interest to me and many others, and new to these pages.
As Bob says, there are a great many nuggets of interest spread through all 380 pages here, covering all aspects of things F45 related No-one is forced to read them all, but at least anyone can choose to: Rexless' great videos are hardly essential, but have offered inspiration to me, and I'm sure again - many others.
And the F45 thread is FAR from the biggest in rcgroups.
There is a social aspect here, too. So my vote is to leave things as they are, but perhaps another thread or sticky of basic mods for newcomers. In the interim, these (approved by both Markkona and Gordonzo) are listed on my blog.
Cheers
John
Closing thread was not my idea, I had idea to optimize it or divide. When you don't have >300 posts behind and need to find info on smth new not having summer vacations dedicated to learning one thread this might be wrong place to go. I don't have much time to "collate the important stuff" so if you (or any other very experienced guy) do that many newbies including me would appreciate. I still think that any change to this thread would not affect those who were here from beginning but I said that it was bad idea myself but still appreciate such a long comments on my bad idea.I vote myself for this to remain as it is and hope that there will be always someone to welcome newbies and give them links to posts or advise to use search engine.
asanovrus is offline Find More Posts by asanovrus
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:39 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovrus View Post
Closing thread was not my idea, I had idea to optimize it or divide. When you don't have >300 posts behind and need to find info on smth new not having summer vacations dedicated to learning one thread this might be wrong place to go. I don't have much time to "collate the important stuff" so if you (or any other very experienced guy) do that many newbies including me would appreciate. I still think that any change to this thread would not affect those who were here from beginning but I said that it was bad idea myself but still appreciate such a long comments on my bad idea.I vote myself for this to remain as it is and hope that there will be always someone to welcome newbies and give them links to posts or advise to use search engine.
Your suggestion(s) were not 'bad ideas', asanovrus. It wasn't the first time something similar had been mooted, either. This is an open forum!
After some thought, felt I disagreed with some aspects - that's all.
As far as Arrowshooters (and my) more extreme 450 mods are concerned, I'd already said I ageed that they might belong on a separate thread - where they'll be from now on. After all, I don't have even one working heli that looks remotely like an F45 now.
Keep your ideas coming!
Cheers
John.
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:52 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
541 Posts
BL Conversions

Feel that Zdawg's observations are of some importance here. Thought - until I read of his problems, and a few related emails I received recently - that by far the best way to do a main BL conversion was the Plush18/EH200 route, and advised accordingly.
Still feel it is the best for the old series F45s. But maybe the kit will be the best option for 'flat gyro' Rx helis, until someone works out what has been changed in the Rx ESC drive circuitry. It certainly seems something may have been.
After all, this ESC drive always was a kind of anomalous 'bonus' with the F45 Rx. MJX never used it themselves!
Has anyone done a successful EH200 conversion on a new series Rx yet?
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:37 PM
Joined Dec 2012
210 Posts
I was considering it but after seeing that the one from aliex has two versions, decided to go with that one for my birthday. Didn't want to be the guinea pig.
tracker1955 is offline Find More Posts by tracker1955
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:45 PM
Joined Dec 2012
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
Did you had a crash were the canopy hit the gyro ?
I had this once, and the little PCB wich supports the gyro was broken just above the solderings, it was barely visible with blank eyes.
I unsoldered the gyro's PCB, scratched the green varnish above the 4 solderings so the copper tracks were blank, applied a little soldering on the tracks to cover the cracks, and resoldered the gyro on the Rx board.

Roland
Thanks Roland, I dont think i had a flybar strike, as I dont fly real agressive. BTW how do you get that hot-glue to go away, I tried everything, cant seem to get down to the bare board (through the mound of hot-glue)
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:49 PM
Joined Dec 2012
339 Posts
told banggood to sodd off, went with tmart...
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:24 PM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld View Post
Thanks Roland, I dont think i had a flybar strike, as I dont fly real agressive. BTW how do you get that hot-glue to go away, I tried everything, cant seem to get down to the bare board (through the mound of hot-glue)
Hi Bob,

I use a combination of a heat gun and a flat soldering iron tip like one you would use for repairing vinyl.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:27 PM
Joined Dec 2012
339 Posts
ok, found the solderpad that wasnt actually connected... lest pause and pray to the gods of R/C... this solves it
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:16 AM
Joined Dec 2012
51 Posts
Hi just curious, when I hover the f45, it kinda tilted to its right, i mean, the whole frame is slightly tilted to its right like it's a bit heavier, but no drifting....blades are balanced and is tracking perfectly. Is it just me or is it normal? Thanks.
nolivy is offline Find More Posts by nolivy
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:29 AM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolivy View Post
Hi just curious, when I hover the f45, it kinda tilted to its right, i mean, the whole frame is slightly tilted to its right like it's a bit heavier, but no drifting....blades are balanced and is tracking perfectly. Is it just me or is it normal? Thanks.
This is normal. Fly on.