HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:35 PM
Joined Dec 2012
339 Posts
just looked at the JETI tx/rx setup... HOW SWEET, return telemetry, gps, on and on... until I seen the price. Wonder if the wifey will mind living outside in a cardboard box for a couple months so i can get that...
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:36 AM
Joined Dec 2012
339 Posts
So far I got this on the FET: N-channel 30V - 0.005ohm - 85A - D2PAK STripFET TM Power MOSFET
and of course no direct cross to ECG or NTE... still looking
Got this from Digi-key... Obsolete item; call Digi-Key for more information.
Needless to say I am :O:|:O
Last edited by BobTopofTheWorld; Jan 17, 2013 at 03:52 AM. Reason: because
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:54 AM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
Hi there guys, what charger and battery do you recommend? Something cheap, though
If I'm going to use only 2S batteries and only for F-45so:
Q1: why is THIS better than THIS? Does it charge faster? I dont need ubercool settings etc. I just wanna stick the battery in it and wait till it charges The stock charger looks... badly cheap and what I read about LiPo batteries, I really dont want to burn my house down
Q2: Will any of those chargers posted above charge the battery faster than this stock?
Q3: What battery do you recommend? I read that using bigger capacity than 1500-2000mAh is useless cause the higher weight. And again, the cheaper, that better
Zarrick is offline Find More Posts by Zarrick
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:10 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, Rotterdam
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld View Post
On a secondary note, someone with good eyes look at the main FET (its standing up in front of the motor plugs) and tell me the numbers on it... I cant see anything on mine...
u916
morocco
b80ne
Flyor is offline Find More Posts by Flyor
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:35 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarrick View Post
Hi there guys, what charger and battery do you recommend? Something cheap, though
If I'm going to use only 2S batteries and only for F-45so:
Q1: why is THIS better than THIS?
Hello, reading the reviews of the charger of your first link, I wouldn't buy it, because it seems that it does not measure the voltage of the cells acuratelly.
And there is nothing better to destroy a Lipo battery than a charger wich overloads (going higher than 4,20 volt for each cell)
I would recommend this one :
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._GENUINE_.html
wich is very versatile, or this one :
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._GENUINE_.htmlhttp:
wich is the same but with an integrated power supply (but can also be powered by a car battery for example)
It's the one I own, I had no problems in six month, and the measured voltage is accurate within 0.01 volt.
BEWARE : this two chargers exist also as fake (Hobbyking sells them too), they are a little less expensive, but MAY be less accurate and durable.

Quote:
Q2: Will any of those chargers posted above charge the battery faster than this stock?
Yes. The original charger loads at 500 mAh, so for a 1500 mAh battery it will take 3 hours.
On a better charger you can set the charging current to 1500 mAh (the F45 battery can be charged at 1 C = 1 time his capacity), so it will only take about 1 hour.
Quote:
Q3: What battery do you recommend? I read that using bigger capacity than 1500-2000mAh is useless cause the higher weight. And again, the cheaper, that better
I fly with turnigy 2200 mAh batteries, some other here with Nanotechs 2000 mAh...

Have nice flights !

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:43 AM
Joined Dec 2012
339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyor View Post
u916
morocco
b80ne
Thanks Flyor (B)cheers
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:02 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, Rotterdam
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
I know I repeat myself, but I think you will be surprised like I was. On a F45, do you know that both servos returns to neutral when rudder is asked with throttle, making a nice prolonged bank turn impossible. Do you know that both servo freeze, if the rudder was asked before. My 2 F45 , my old one and my new one do that. Check, I am not joking. It is something you better know when flying. It is the reason why the F45 need so much space to fly and is so easy to maintain in the sky, not permitting dangerous unbalance of the main rotor.
That explains a lot, I was thinking that I'm a lousy pilot

In short: you can either use rudder or aileron/elevation but not at the same time and rudder overrides aileron/elevation and sets both servos on neutral, yes?

Regards
Flyor is offline Find More Posts by Flyor
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:24 AM
Joined Dec 2012
51 Posts
hi all, does thia motor will fit the f45 main motor?

http://www.rc711.com/shop/main-motor...l?cPath=336_39
nolivy is offline Find More Posts by nolivy
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:50 AM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
Rollmops67 thanks for Your fast answer! As I see, almost everyone is recommending IMAX B6, oh... But sadly, its a bit expensive for me, I have 30€ to invest into F45 and I want to make the brushless conversion, maybe later if I want to fly seriously, but for now I just want to try it

So I picked some things from HobbyKing for brushless conversion & battery/charger:
EH200 motor, 18A HK ESC, XT60 connectors, 1800mAh Nanotech and HK DC-4S

Everything will work properly together?
Is that DC-4S charger really that bad? In comments people say its pretty good for its low price, so, I dont know. I just really dont trust that stock charger

//Yesterday arrived the little LiPo voltage alarm (the better one with brutally loud buzzer) and right now after charging the charging finished (green LED light on charger) the voltages are 7,33v for all, 3,38v for cell no.1 and 3,95v for cell no.2. Thats greatly unbalanced, isnt it?

///After setting the trims for a few minutes and some test hoverings looks like my stock battery is dead. Looks like I will buy two of those Nanotechs...
Last edited by Zarrick; Jan 17, 2013 at 06:16 AM.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:01 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
What's the difference between the f45 and the f46 shuttle ?
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:22 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
Size + basic transmitter, for the rest who knows ?
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:25 AM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
http://www.mjxtoys.com/showProDetail...C%20HELICOPTER looks like a plastic body, different layout of the servos, different transmitter with some new modes and settings and for sure, size
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:27 AM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
I should know in a few days! I ordered one Banggood and it is in US Customs right now. The F46 is slightly smaller and has the servo's placed a little differently which will allow for longer servo arms. (if they are even needed). Different transmitter too...
baddb1 is online now Find More Posts by baddb1
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:53 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyor View Post
That explains a lot, I was thinking that I'm a lousy pilot

In short: you can either use rudder or aileron/elevation but not at the same time and rudder overrides aileron/elevation and sets both servos on neutral, yes?

Regards
Exactly. Imagine, if you describe a circle, you have no control on aileron or elevator. We probably learn to fix for a second the main rotor on the desire angle with the ele/aile stick then we ask for the turn with the rudder. A cheap bank turn can be made by positioning the main rotor before the rudder action. We can probably learn to use the rudder stick with little successive push to return the rotor in the angled position. Asking the rudder before is a lost of time, we get the endless drifting turn we all experiment especially clockwise. There is no doubt in my mind that MJX choose to prevent the main rotor of excessive angle to help the beginner, and It work.

Nice fluid bank turns, nice fluid transition for on figure eight, accelerating in a big turn, nose-in circles, tail-in circles, backward circle are all impossible do to the normal way, like with my V911, or my walkera FP 4ch. It is a major problem for me where I am in my flying ability. How can we fix that !!! my only knowledge in electronic is soldering a wire !
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:31 AM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
What weight battery is OK to fly with? The stock one has something about 90-95g. 115g will be too much?