Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:14 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.C. Man View Post
Hi John,
Ya I know it wont be easy,(others try for years to do 3d.)
I can fix it with no probs, Just wondering why not with a clone?
loose linkages, I have a bunch of them here. or will the rotorhead fly off ?
I know I will need about a million blades,and 500 tail booms, but the frame is outa aluminium like the F-45, so maybe no bending there. Is a all aluminium 450.

Get me ready for what could break on it.

Thanks
Frank
Clones are fine, but there are pieces that need to be replaced. Carbon fiber is the best for frames. Aluminum bends and even when you straighten it, it often returns to the bent position(MJX frame for example).
Feathering shafts, main gears, and ball links are other items that are often not good on clones. Tail drives are often issues as well.
If you take it slow as the others suggested, your repair costs will be lower.
The MasterCP, V400D02, and my 450V2 are all still pristine, no crashes. I reserved that for my 250 and 120 and they are my cheaper to fix.
With all the 100 size minis available and very inexpensive and durable, I would suggest everyone get one to learn on.
I have 3 and did a dozen flights in my basement this morning. I do 4 minutes circuits on each one and usually stop in mid flight and do a 30 second nose in hover just for practice. Those are things it is very hard to learn on a 450. And I don't care how gifted you are, learning 3D on a 450 would be very expensive.
I saw a video of a guy doing mild 3D in his garage with a blade Nano and he crashed it more than a dozen times, picked it up, and flew some more. Each one of those crashes would be 50.00 and several hours on a 450.
My rant.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:47 PM
Joined Dec 2012
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz View Post
Probably my own ultimate experience of F45 indestructability -
Yesterday evening, a bit too windy for the CP. So took out the (last, atm ) F45/450 to battle the elements. This is the heli with the brushed tail, so can normally handle about anything.
Pulled out of a power dive, did my usual skim along the ground and neglected to allow for the one ridge of dirt on the whole school sports area. Clipped it at (I guess) 30kph, heli somersaulted 360 straight up about 2m, coming down again realised it was still answering the Tx - I FLEW it back. Only casualty a bent (500) landing skid.
So, my first 'inverted flight' with a FP. Replayed it in my mind many times since, still can't see how it happened: but it certainly impressed the foamie flyer guy with me (grounded anyway with the wind).
I sure as heck wouldn't be flying any CP away from that.

R.C. Man
Frank, can only echo what others have said - it's a tough direct road from F45 to CP450, and (I'd think) much tougher to aim for 3d straight off. Means you'll have to have stunt (idle up) -10 to +10 deg from the start (much easier with my -2 to +9). And all with a no brand Align clone, too.
Well, you've certainly fought tougher battles. And won. But - as Roland advises - start humble. Doesn't matter how good you are with an F45, 450 CP is a whole new ball game. Littered (in my case) with many broken/bent parts.
Still, the airshow isn't planned any time too soon, I expect, with all that coke on the ground! - Anyhow, the very best of luck with the project.
Cheers
John.
damnit, John are we connected or wot... my last flight (since 24 hours of rain ) was comming in for a touch n go (peek at the thermo) and like 5-6' off the ground she tried inverted flight... I DUNNO HOW/WHY... only broke 1 rotor blade, and of course bent the bloody flybar... can you lot come up with an 'auto-aligning' flybar?
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:04 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld View Post
damnit, John are we connected or wot... my last flight (since 24 hours of rain ) was comming in for a touch n go (peek at the thermo) and like 5-6' off the ground she tried inverted flight... I DUNNO HOW/WHY... only broke 1 rotor blade, and of course bent the bloody flybar... can you lot come up with an 'auto-aligning' flybar?
Yeah, Bob, still can't work out what exactly happened on mine either: but we both saw it inverted at one point. And the heli flew away from it (without landing).
Glad you damage bill was light, too! But make the most of flybars you actually CAN straighten. I'd never trust a straightened CP FB: apart from everything else, its my reference line for setting the blade pitch.
Theres some talk of rain here - been nothing much for months. When it comes, probably flood half of Brisbane like it did last time - no pleasing some people lol.
Cheers
John.
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by OldOz; Jan 13, 2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:05 PM
Joined Dec 2012
51 Posts
Can anyone please tell me what is the part number of the small pin that are on the blade grips, and how many i need? I lost it while disassembling (for travelling) the heli and only noticed it after several days when I asssembled it. Thanks.

Or the other question around is, are there pins need to be installed on the blade grips set?
nolivy is offline Find More Posts by nolivy
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:20 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolivy View Post
Can anyone please tell me what is the part number of the small pin that are on the blade grips, and how many i need? I lost it while disassembling (for travelling) the heli and only noticed it after several days when I asssembled it. Thanks.

Or the other question around is, are there pins need to be installed on the blade grips set?
Like to help, but I can't understand quite what you mean by 'pin(s)'. The blades are held in by screws: the only thing that I think you could mean is the feathering shaft (30mm x 2mm about) - but that's not exactly small, and there's only one. Perhaps you could post a picture?

If it IS the feathering shaft, any hard metal 2mm rod will do, about 30.5 mm long. I made one out of a giant paperclip once - still works fine.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:58 PM
Joined Dec 2012
51 Posts
Have a look on the red circle....are there suppose to be some sort pins (metal rod there?)......
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:08 AM
Joined Dec 2012
51 Posts
Here is a closer view, i notice there's hole here...are there suppose to be pins here? thanks
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:13 AM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Here is a closer view, i notice there's hole here...are there suppose to be pins here? thanks
They have it here:

http://www.feala.com/mjx-F645-F45-RC...-F45-parts.htm
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:43 AM
Joined Dec 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
which one please? Thanks.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:44 AM
Joined Dec 2012
51 Posts
does it goes through or one pin for each side? What it is called? Thanks... super newbie here sorry
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:07 AM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Quote:
does it goes through or one pin for each side? What it is called? Thanks... super newbie here sorry
It seems it IS the feathering shaft, then (that's what it's called). It is one shaft, goes right through, and measurements as I posted above. It should be pretty easy to find a substitute - as said, wire from a giant paperclip (cut to length) has worked fine for months. 30.5 x 2mmm.
Save waiting weeks for something from China.
Good luck!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:13 AM
Joined Dec 2012
51 Posts
Thank you.... i am trying to look now for substititutes.. i have a long rod here and is about 2 or 2.2 mm.... thanks...........i tried to spool up the heli without this feathering shaft, still looks ok, what does this shaft do anyway? Thanks
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:19 AM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
928 Posts
Quote:
Hi nolivy,
Welcome to the wonderfull world of the Indestructable F-45.
I looked at the parts list, and came up with this

MJX MJX F-series F-45 F45 F645 Helicopter Parts Special Fixed set
Small iron bar in the middle of the balance bar
Iron bar in the main blade grip set
limit alum cover for the hollow pipe
$3/set
This is the kit with your part you would need,
If you need 1 at all.

I think if any of these parts were missing from your bird, you would really notice it.

I hope this helps you.

Frank
R.C. Man is offline Find More Posts by R.C. Man
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:22 AM
Joined Dec 2012
51 Posts
Thanks Frank.