HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:49 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz View Post
Looks a good kit. 3G, Beastx or something else?
Regards
John
Might try Skookum 540. A friend of mine is going to do a Goblin 700 and try Skookum, so if it works great, I'll try one.

Cars. Bad I used to build drag cars 30 years ago.
I am going to get one of those Hobby King foamy jets, though as I at least want to try an airplane sometime. Looks like fun too.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:36 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by old4570 View Post
Anyone got the F47 ?
I do, big deception. Not agile enough for a living room, serious sliding clockwise, throttle lags, so heavy. Outdoor, I hoped for more fun with that battery, the big main motor and those servos. Although my F47 is capable of a correct speed on a forward linear flight, the power is not there, heaviness dominate. Most parts are robust and well made. The 3 canopy fixings doesn't work, the long tail blade is fragile, the transmitter is correct but the wheel/switch at the right bottom is fake !!
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:16 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,828 Posts
meeting the neighbours

Was out flying yesterday and met some new neighbours. If you want to know how, take a look from about 3:20 or so on the video . The rest of the vid is pretty boring, and was really just so I could try some editing and for my own archives - so I don't forget how stupid I am sometimes .

I discovered later that I should have taken time to do the paperclip mod before flying too much, but I just couldn't help it. Oh well, the paperclip is now formed and I just have to go and buy some epoxy resin tomorrow. Then I can hopefully fly again on Tuesday.

Happy Sunday all.
Fin

The adventures of Big Bird (11 min 16 sec)

Just saw what a mess youtube have made of trying to "fix" my wobbly video. Think I'll see if I can reset it
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:26 AM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
928 Posts
No hander vid

Hi yall again,
Cold outside, snow,windy and my garage it empty.
So a good time to fly my bird, indoors in my garage.
Made a vid buzzin around in my garage and doin a no hander on the rx

I havent seen any vids on the tube with a no hander on a F45,
So off I went and did 1 myself.

Tell me what ya think, good or bad, this is my very first heli, and this was like the 5th time ever flew 1.

Next heli, a china cp with aluminium chassis 450 size, hope it will hold up like the F45 does, or Ill throw it away, lol its on the way here and was only 3,05 euros
with 11 euros to ship, so no big loss if I dont like it.

Take care yall
MJX F 45 Flying in a garage, and doing a no hander (2 min 31 sec)

Frank
R.C. Man is offline Find More Posts by R.C. Man
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:40 AM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
RCMan, be pepared for a dose of humble pie with a CP 450

BTW, nice flying indoors for the 5 time flying.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:49 AM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
928 Posts
Hey tigger,
yall aint got no snow over there. 45 miles away from me and we are covered with what looks like cocaine on the ground,ohh, thats what snow looks like lol.

Good flyin dude, everytime I get my bird up high, along comes a gust a wind
and off it goes towards the trees or over to my neighbors house outa sight.
And I live next to an airport, seems like airports allways have wind.
I could buzz the tower, theyd flip out I bet,and then I would end up in jail

Take care yall

Frank
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:05 AM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
RCMan, be pepared for a dose of humble pie with a CP 450

BTW, nice flying indoors for the 5 time flying.
Ya, I know Warhorse,

But they have airshows at my airport, and only 1 guy is there with a rc jet.
And we have a Heli building company at the airport. But went outa bussiness in 2006 .
So why not practice with doin 3d on a 450.
Something new for the people here. And would be cool for me too,If I can get it right,
If I put my mind on flyin a heli, I think I can do that too.

I think where most go wrong is they are scared of a crash.
I say, if your up high enough and ya screw up, ya get more time to correct it.
Just keep a clear head about it.

Frank

I have never seen a rc heli anywhere around here, and I get around alot in my town, only 12000 people.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:41 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
712 Posts
Yesterday my brushless F45 was acting badly, the aileron servo seem to be slow, at the best. Today, everything looked normal in the beginning. After 2 minutes flying fast, the servo finally jammed up. My F45 finished at the top of a 50 feet dead tree, thank you to the lost plane alarm. I own that forest near my house, so I cut the tree down. The helicopter drop down with the tree, and finished in deep snow, impossible to be seen, tank you again to the lost plane alarm. You probably guess the end of my story... a good session of compressed air and hair dryer, a bent flybar and a servo that was due to be replaced anyway ! Wow, this helicopter is a tank.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:48 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.C. Man View Post
Hey tigger,
yall aint got no snow over there. 45 miles away from me and we are covered with what looks like cocaine on the ground,ohh, thats what snow looks like lol.

Good flyin dude...
Nope, no snow yet bud. We're due the "coke" treatment later in the week

Yeah thanks, managed to hit that tree RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE despite hardly being able to see it . Do like your sense of humour though dude . Keep working on the paintball thing and I'll see when I manage to get a free weekend.

Fin

Hey Frank, just watched your vid. Got the bird trimmed unbelievebly well, and you're not bad on the sticks either
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:58 AM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
928 Posts
Man, the paint ball guns are heavy as a brick,would need a MJX F-10545 with a nuclear bl system just to get it off the ground.
Wiatin for the chinks to make a paintball gun for a gi joe doll. that would fit on a F-45.

Stay cool man, and watch out for those heli grabbin trees, ya never know where 1 is at.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:14 PM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
Yesterday my brushless F45 was acting badly, the aileron servo seem to be slow, at the best. Today, everything looked normal in the beginning. After 2 minutes flying fast, the servo finally jammed up. My F45 finished at the top of a 50 feet dead tree, thank you to the lost plane alarm. I own that forest near my house, so I cut the tree down. The helicopter drop down with the tree, and finished in deep snow, impossible to be seen, tank you again to the lost plane alarm. You probably guess the end of my story... a good session of compressed air and hair dryer, a bent flybar and a servo that was due to be replaced anyway ! Wow, this helicopter is a tank.
Wow - Thats great it still is ok except for the servo!!

I lost orientation of mine today in some fog(stupid to fly I know!) and I kerplunked it down on hard ice on the lake from about 10' up. I went over, looked it over, and poof, I was off and flying again with no damage! Ya gotta love these things! I ordered the F46 yesterday. I hope that is just as durable...
baddb1 is offline Find More Posts by baddb1
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:51 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
What lost plane alarm do you use?
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:54 PM
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
I do, big deception. Not agile enough for a living room, serious sliding clockwise, throttle lags, so heavy. Outdoor, I hoped for more fun with that battery, the big main motor and those servos. Although my F47 is capable of a correct speed on a forward linear flight, the power is not there, heaviness dominate. Most parts are robust and well made. The 3 canopy fixings doesn't work, the long tail blade is fragile, the transmitter is correct but the wheel/switch at the right bottom is fake !!
Awaiting delivery of a F47. Sounds like it is a candidate for a motor upgrade. Hmmmm....more tinkering to do!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:54 PM
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
BTW, still have a red pristine F45 for sale with extra "stuff".
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:00 PM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
928 Posts
Well , I just broke my pretty birds legs
Took it outside to try flyin in the daylight, for the first time,
went good till I climbed up to 28-30 ft (thats how hi my garage is)
And boom, came a burst a wind from the side at about 35 ,
blew it across the street, in like 2sec. heading for a house,
kept from slamming my neighbors wall, and saved it for my concrete
wall on my garage with another blast of wind from the other direction,
I was already flyin away from 1 wall and went head on into my cement wall
at about 20 feet in the air POWWW and down it came down,
I thought, man I broke it good now!
Inspection, wow only the right skid, broke off at the chassis.
Picked it up and flew, was ok!

Gonna make skid holders outa stainless now, will have a pic later

I wont FLY INTO WALLS AT FULL SPEED again,( I hope)

Frank