HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:09 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
I have a hero rc h911 will this heli be the next step to take I'm looking at flying a bigger fp 4ch heli.
There are plenty of next steps. This was mine and I can't get enough of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiopov View Post
Friends, I want to buy a heli MJX. Which is better: f45 or F46?
Sorry, don't have an F46 (don't know of many who do) but IMHO you can't go wrong with the F45.
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:37 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld View Post
Both my main and tail gears seem awfully tight on the f45, perhaps they get better after a wee break-in run... still seems like the gearsets should turn as easy as a v911 (it is currently on the carport roof ) Reminder to self: RUNNING LIGHTS
Yes I checked the rear when I ran the LED wire, a micro amount of play would be nice this is so tight it makes a clicky sound when you move the tail blade...
You will feel racheting in both gear sets. This is normal. They will not be "free wheeling" like the V911. I have a little smaller Solo Pro 228 that has the same feel. My little choppers are all "free wheeling".
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:45 PM
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
Hello !
i'm not sure if it's a good idea with the wire above the rotor head.
i have two F45s, and both have some wobble when seeing from the top of the rotorhead, albeit my shafts are straight and no bent.
I think there is some imprecision in the molding of the rotorhead.
To see if the shaft is bent, the best would be to remove the whole rotorhead and blades (one screw and two links) and to place the tip of the wire above the shaft.

Regards, Roland
No problem if all is stationary. Have done it several times. Just have to be careful. Or remove the head as you suggest - but that takes the blades out of the rotation equation. Or take everything apart and roll the smooth shafts on glass. Or just fly it until something breaks and then replace it!
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:57 PM
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post

Sorry, don't have an F46 (don't know of many who do) but IMHO you can't go wrong with the F45.
If you have a field to fly in (with not too many trees), go for the F45. If you have a good size yard, go with F46 size. Waiting on F46 delivery. IMHO, stay away from Solo Pro 228 heli. Flies good but breaks too easy. F45 is one sturdy bird. Still got one for sale.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:34 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
The Next F45/450

Gunna be fun!
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:29 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Arrowshooter -
First flight of F45/450 No. 2 today. Using the Xtreme/Turnigy tail BL conversion on this one first.
Went pretty well till the wind got up - unfortunately, just doesn't seem to have the wind authority of the brushed tail (yet, anyway). Finished up 100yards away in a horse paddock, last 50ft straight down. Found by a couple of the horse guys, who kindly passed it over the fence.
And NO damage! - well, bent flybar. Did the sensible thing(?) and continued on through 3 battery packs, nothing overheating at the end.
Extended the tail a bit (to full 450), might have shifted the CG too far back perhaps.
Bit worried about the weight of the HK full metal tail for belt drive - might see how you go on that idea (think you said you were going to try that first) while I try other BL tail variants.
Nice canopy, you've got there!
Cheers
John.
PS - What's this luxury of a HANDLE on your 450 box? We HK guys carry them in our teeth, like men lol.
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2013, 04:51 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post

I guess ill make it mine also
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Jan 09, 2013, 04:53 PM
Frank
Germany, BW, Heubach
Joined Dec 2012
928 Posts
Hi yall, Was out in the garage again, made a heli C.G. balancer, works pirty good in my eyes.
Good to see how your Bird is hangen' lol (and checkin main shaft wobble)

Flew today in the dark night and (oops) which way is front, allmost landed on the neighbors house, smacked the edge of the roof, and down she was.
Broke the loops on the rotor shaft and did a quick fix.

So I'm back in the air

Yall keep a flyin, and keep the skids down before landin.

Frank
R.C. Man is offline Find More Posts by R.C. Man
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:37 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz View Post
Arrowshooter -
First flight of F45/450 No. 2 today. Using the Xtreme/Turnigy tail BL conversion on this one first.
Went pretty well till the wind got up - unfortunately, just doesn't seem to have the wind authority of the brushed tail (yet, anyway). Finished up 100yards away in a horse paddock, last 50ft straight down. Found by a couple of the horse guys, who kindly passed it over the fence.
And NO damage! - well, bent flybar. Did the sensible thing(?) and continued on through 3 battery packs, nothing overheating at the end.
Extended the tail a bit (to full 450), might have shifted the CG too far back perhaps.
Bit worried about the weight of the HK full metal tail for belt drive - might see how you go on that idea (think you said you were going to try that first) while I try other BL tail variants.
Cheers
John.
PS - What's this luxury of a HANDLE on your 450 box? We HK guys carry them in our teeth, like men lol.
OldOz -

Glad you got her up and running.

My thoughts about the brushless tail are to try a 10,000kv inrunner in place of the stock brushed motor. These motors are 12mm in diameter and appear that they will bolt right on. I have no idea what RPM the stock motor turns, but I fugure it has to be pretty close. I found an outfit that is in Germany that can make a 0.4 mod pinion.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:39 PM
Joined Jun 2011
48 Posts
Thank you, friends.
sergiopov is offline Find More Posts by sergiopov
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:57 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Arrowshooter -
Cheers
John.
Just a suggestion, but have a look at the V400D02 thread. The V400 had a brushed tail motor with gear reduction and many of the guys converted to brushless tail. They used the stock tail rotor, which is similar in size to the MJX, only direct drive as I have mine. Most seem very happy with the result and the tail holds well. Many of these guys are flying 3D and have head speeds well over 3000 rpm.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:03 PM
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
Arrowshooter -
Cheers
John.
Would you be so kind as to forward some of your energy this direction? I think it's a good day for me if I get a canopy modded to fit where it wasn't intended! Am too cheap to pay $16 US for a real Solo Pro 228 canopy so I modded one from a F037 (double horse "clone" or whatever) to fit. Actually looks good and it's low enough to avoid FB strikes. $2.99. Difference pays for new main gear (actually two, I'm a pessimist).
Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:13 PM
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Waiting for a MJX F47 to arrive and thinking about a F46 (or v912). Will review and post elsewhere on rcgroups. Will be interesting to compare to F45, though obviously smaller. I think the Solo Pro 228 may self destruct the rate it's going!
Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:17 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Just a suggestion, but have a look at the V400D02 thread. The V400 had a brushed tail motor with gear reduction and many of the guys converted to brushless tail. They used the stock tail rotor, which is similar in size to the MJX, only direct drive as I have mine. Most seem very happy with the result and the tail holds well. Many of these guys are flying 3D and have head speeds well over 3000 rpm.
Good point. RTF-Heli was/is pushing a direct drive conversion for this very reason. Is there a prop/adapter that will work with the current F45 tail motor?
Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:48 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiichopper View Post
Waiting for a MJX F47 to arrive and thinking about a F46 (or v912). Will review and post elsewhere on rcgroups. Will be interesting to compare to F45, though obviously smaller. I think the Solo Pro 228 may self destruct the rate it's going!
I have quite a few flights on my Solo Pro 228p. My elevator link is extended for more fff and the canopy is lowered to eliminate flybar strikes, which for me was the main cause of crashes. I fly it with the J6pro.

I fly mostly over grass and rarely break anything except the odd tail shaft gear and landing strut. The 228 has very precise control at low speeds and can fly very fast, but it's high-speed handling characteristics and fragility of certain parts, make this NOT a learning heli.

The F45 is a better novice heli but the 228 flys in a smaller area, which is what I need. But you definitley have to be more careful with it.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Last edited by gordonzo; Jan 09, 2013 at 06:51 PM. Reason: more