SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:09 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
1,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiichopper View Post
Hi g,
Any secrets to selling your F45? I'm not having much luck with interest in the classifieds here. Could be the post holidays no cash scenario?!
Looks like there are a lot of new listings since Christmas.

An aquaintance of mine had been hounding me for several months and I finally gave in because it was basically just collecting dust. I sold it, without original box, for $80, including a new 2000mah lipo. It was an excellent heli.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is online now Find More Posts by gordonzo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:48 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
Looks like there are a lot of new listings since Christmas.

An aquaintance of mine had been hounding me for several months and I finally gave in because it was basically just collecting dust. I sold it, without original box, for $80, including a new 2000mah lipo. It was an excellent heli.

regards . . . g
Thanks. I remember you mentioning that now. If anybody in the USA asks, could you send them my way? Many thanks, Allan.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:21 PM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
On the F45 front, it is interesting that I never had any issues with that loop breaking on my first edition F45, which, I now sold, due to its collecting dust.

regards . . . g
Same here I have not had a thing go wrong with mine it is still all original even the motors.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:31 PM
Head in the clouds
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Same here I have not had a thing go wrong with mine it is still all original even the motors.
Except you have some mysterious magical F45 which just keeps going!

How many flights you up to now Eugene?
slothy89 is online now Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:59 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Got to say, am pretty mind boggled too. Most I've ever had is 80 (equivalent) flights on any MJX motor: and you must be WELL over your 500 by now, Whizgig.
Maybe a special/developmental motor set?
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 08:16 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Arrowshooter (and Whizgig)-
All my HK bits for the second F45/450 came this morning. Got to pull the last original f45 apart, to build it too....
On the other hand, have over 50 flights on the 450mod now. Flown every day (on principle), through some pretty heavy wind (with 21knots actually logged on one occasion). Can't honestly say it was all fun, but never felt the heli itself was in danger at any time.
Feel we're on the right track, here.
Going for the 6chan Rx/Tx build next, progress report later.

Edit... Turnigy 2211 came too, it seems. Might try an upgrade of the 1811 BL tail first. Had to revert to brushed, the 1811 simply didn't have the grunt for the job.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by OldOz; Jan 06, 2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:08 PM
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz View Post
All my HK bits for the second F45/450 came this morning. Got to pull the last original f45 apart, to build it too....
On the other hand, have over 50 flights on the 450mod now. Flown every day (on principle), through some pretty heavy wind (with 21knots actually logged on one occasion). Can't honestly say it was all fun, but never felt the heli itself was in danger at any time.
Going for the 6chan Rx/Tx build, progress report later!
So much energy! You make us old guys proud. Interestingly, I'm making a project of keeping my SP 228 going. Already reenforced the frame. Too bad it doesn't have the stamina of the F45. Had what seemed to be a mild plop on the ground from a crummy landing in the grass, but trashed the canopy (paper thin) and the main gear. And the power was off! Wonder if the F46 is more robust?
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:52 AM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiichopper View Post
So much energy! You make us old guys proud. Interestingly, I'm making a project of keeping my SP 228 going. Already reenforced the frame. Too bad it doesn't have the stamina of the F45. Had what seemed to be a mild plop on the ground from a crummy landing in the grass, but trashed the canopy (paper thin) and the main gear. And the power was off! Wonder if the F46 is more robust?
I've tried a fair few MJX helis, big and small. Got to say, they all seemed pretty robust: be a shame - but atypical - if your F46 proved the exception.
Do you really have to move on from the f45? It really is the cream of the crop, and I've found second hand helis very difficult to sell at other than ridiculous prices, except to friends (or family) who know you and your product.
However, the best marketplace over here ime seems to be mall noticeboards - buyers are local, and can see you fly it. Second best is local free newspapers.
Wish you luck, but sorry to see you go...
Cheers
John

PS Is the SP228 THAT bad?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:27 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, Rotterdam
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
Rocking solved? 2

Hi Guys

A while back I did some test with a rubber band, see:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4320

I ordered a new servo to replace the servo with too much play, installed it a few days back, the testflights without the rubber band went smooth, but not as smooth as I hoped, some minor rocking was back, I noticed that there was still some play on the swash plate, though I decided to dampen the movement on the other side, the anti rotation arm this time.
I used a very thin rubber band with just enough tension to dampen the movement of the swash plate a bit.

Bingo, at least for my setup, rock solid

Regards
Flyor is offline Find More Posts by Flyor
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:45 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyor View Post
Hi Guys

A while back I did some test with a rubber band, see:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4320

I ordered a new servo to replace the servo with too much play, installed it a few days back, the testflights without the rubber band went smooth, but not as smooth as I hoped, some minor rocking was back, I noticed that there was still some play on the swash plate, though I decided to dampen the movement on the other side, the anti rotation arm this time.
I used a very thin rubber band with just enough tension to dampen the movement of the swash plate a bit.

Bingo, at least for my setup, rock solid

Regards
I would be fine if the swashplate-links-balls would be more precise and had less play on the F45, this surely would limit the bobbing-rocking tendancy. (but would also increase the price I think)
One of my F45 had also this rocking when I opened throttle, but now that I mounted the Extreme blades intended for the Esky HoneyBee FP, this rocking has almost disapeared.
Don't ask me why, I have no clue...

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:23 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,828 Posts
YIIIIIPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Came home from night shift, got the head down for a few hours and woke up just over an hour ago to find The Wife had taken delivery of my F645 .

Battery in the heli is charged, first replacement too. Rain is off for the first time in 3 days, wind isn't too high, and the 2nd 2000 mAh battery is on the charger right now. Give it another hour maximum and I'll be down at the meadow making the neighbourhood unsafe

Even though I've had my V911s for about 2 months now, still a bit nervous as I don't have a feel for the F645 yet, and don't have any spare parts in case I SHOULD break anything. Maybe just have to spend the charging time ordering #2 in case anything goes wrong
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:33 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
I would be fine if the swashplate-links-balls would be more precise and had less play on the F45, this surely would limit the bobbing-rocking tendancy. (but would also increase the price I think)
One of my F45 had also this rocking when I opened throttle, but now that I mounted the Extreme blades intended for the Esky HoneyBee FP, this rocking has almost disapeared.
Don't ask me why, I have no clue...

Roland
It's the increase in head speed that stabilizes the flybar. The rocking is caused by the flybar bobbing back and forth over the point that is 90 degrees to the main shaft. It is trying to correct, but seems to over correct, causing this bobbing effect.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:29 AM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Going for the 6chan Rx/Tx build next, progress report later.

Edit... Turnigy 2211 came too, it seems. Might try an upgrade of the 1811 BL tail first. Had to revert to brushed, the 1811 simply didn't have the grunt for the job.
Can't wait to see your new F45/450. My parts should start arriving this week and chomping at the bit to run the belt drive.

Was raining most of yesterday here, but when it let up I broke my own rule of not flying the big bird in the backyard. End result, broken main blade, landing skid and antirotation bracket after tangling with a power wire. Now I am grounded until I get new skids, make a new bracket (need to do anyway for new bird) and widdle down some more Hnoey Bee Blades. Oh well.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:25 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,535 Posts
Greetings Pilots,

When using the EH200 and a 11.1v battery the Honey Bee FP helicopter blades are definitely a huge improvement over stock. You do have to drill out the holes and shave off enough of the outer circle so the blades have free travel. To shave the excess material I use an axe file set down on the workbench and draw the blade along it while slowly rotating to get a nice smooth curve. With an aggressive file it only takes a few swipes and a couple touch-up passes to ensure it's rounded enough.

That rubber band stuff is very interesting!
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:07 PM
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
I've tried a fair few MJX helis, big and small. Got to say, they all seemed pretty robust: be a shame - but atypical - if your F46 proved the exception.
Do you really have to move on from the f45? It really is the cream of the crop, and I've found second hand helis very difficult to sell at other than ridiculous prices, except to friends (or family) who know you and your product.
However, the best marketplace over here ime seems to be mall noticeboards - buyers are local, and can see you fly it. Second best is local free newspapers.
Wish you luck, but sorry to see you go...
Cheers
John

PS Is the SP228 THAT bad?
Starting to have second thoughts about getting rid of the F45s. But there isn't enough room to fly them on this property (too many trees), and no parks within a reasonable distance. I hate to just "putt" around the yard like I'm driving an old truck. At least the SP 228 is the right size to go between the trees, though not as good as the little guys (V911, F47).
The 228 flies really well, but I'm so spoiled by the sturdiness of the F45 that I get disappointed when really minor "accidents" break something on it. It's become a challenge to keep it going without putting too much money in it. On the other hand, I think about making an aluminum frame etc, etc., but then I should just get a F46 and be done with it!
Maybe I'll keep one F45 for nostalgia () and sell the other F45. Anybody interested in a good deal?