HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:08 PM
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
So....took my f45 out to the park today for my first real flight with a 4ch. I'll post video later tonight but over all it went pretty good concidering I went from mode 4 to mode 2 overnight cause I didn't realize the mjx tx is backwards! I got pretty high...not on purpose (boy the winds of there will kill you!). I only broke the skid plate and bent the crap out of the balance bar (only two things I didn't buy extra of). I bent the balance bar back out pretty good but is it ok to fly with it if its not "perfect". I glue the skid back on until I can order one but until then I'd like to practice more if I can just bent the balance bar back out...it bent a full 90 degrees but I got it back pretty straight!

???!!

-J
Jasonamorris6 is offline Find More Posts by Jasonamorris6
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:12 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonamorris6 View Post
So....took my f45 out to the park today for my first real flight with a 4ch. I'll post video later tonight but over all it went pretty good concidering I went from mode 4 to mode 2 overnight cause I didn't realize the mjx tx is backwards! I got pretty high...not on purpose (boy the winds of there will kill you!). I only broke the skid plate and bent the crap out of the balance bar (only two things I didn't buy extra of). I bent the balance bar back out pretty good but is it ok to fly with it if its not "perfect". I glue the skid back on until I can order one but until then I'd like to practice more if I can just bent the balance bar back out...it bent a full 90 degrees but I got it back pretty straight!

???!!

-J
You can work the balance bar back very near perfect with a little time. Look for front to back bend along with up and down bend. You will see the fibration most on the ground, but not so much in the air.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:31 PM
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
You can work the balance bar back very near perfect with a little time. Look for front to back bend along with up and down bend. You will see the fibration most on the ground, but not so much in the air.
Yea, I think I got it pretty good. My last flight it wasnt so good and a lot of vibration when I first took off but once in the air it wasnt bad so it should be a lot better now...
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:36 PM
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-7_...r-p-25595.html

will this work on the f45? 7.4-2200 battery....
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:37 PM
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
or this one...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18987
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:42 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
I'd go for something that indicates the exact voltage - it's much more useful imo, and you can't always hear the buzzer type
Maybe this - http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-1s...m-p-26049.html
Or the HK unit.- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...itor_2_6S.html
they are sometimes in LHS, too.
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:51 PM
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz View Post
I'd go for something that indicates the exact voltage - it's much more useful imo, and you can't always hear the buzzer type
Maybe this - http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-1s...m-p-26049.html
Or the HK unit.- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...itor_2_6S.html
they are sometimes in LHS, too.
Good call... I like those... hobbyking doesn't sell f45 parts do they? I couldn't find any but thought I'd ask.. I know banggood is the best place for parts if you have time but any good low priced places in the US with reasonable shipping for spare parts?
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:45 PM
Joined Oct 2011
95 Posts
parts

techntoys on the west coast and rcroanoke on the east coast. Just add a .com and u have the site..Both are good ZDAWG
zdawg is offline Find More Posts by zdawg
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:51 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonamorris6 View Post
Yea, I think I got it pretty good. My last flight it wasnt so good and a lot of vibration when I first took off but once in the air it wasnt bad so it should be a lot better now...
Be careful of vibrations. May look fine once the rotor speed is increased, but that vibration can wear out the bearings very quickly. If it vibrates at lower rotor speeds even after flybar straightening, I'd suggest you wait on a new flybar and save yourself grief. Nasty harmonics can trash all sorts of parts.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:33 PM
Joined Dec 2012
348 Posts
opps

Sorry this CAMERA KIT that you purchased along with the Helicopter was found broken right when we were preparing your shipment.

It has a crushed box and there are a few broken pieces inside the box. Unfortunately, it is also our very last piece. We have immediately contacted our supplier for restock but was told it won't be restocked in at least end of this month.

As an honest seller, we cannot ship something like this to our customer, so we have no choice but to give you a $25 Partial Refund now.

(Helicopter + Camera bundle = $129.95 ; Just Helicopter = $104.99) . Therefore, Price Difference = $25.00 (Amount to be refunded)

You can buy from another seller right away from here (It's the same thing):

http://www.amazon.com/MJX-F645-C4002.../dp/B0083WTSJQ

Oh Well... there is light at the end of the tunnel, I got a tail assy with the replacement camera...
still waiting on post
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:14 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,828 Posts
7am German time, just got home from night shift, the postie should bring my F645 today... AND IT'S BUCKETING DOWN!!!!

Oh well, decisions, decisions. Do I just fly my V911s today and get a bit of relaxing done before tonight's shift, or do I get the paperclip and the epoxy resin out? The paperclip's tempting, but thinking I might be better off leaving that til I have a couple of days off and no time constraints - apart from The Wife, The Kids...

Might as well finish off this rum with tea and sleep on it G'night all.
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Jan 05, 2013, 03:50 AM
Micro Heli mods
Finland, Tuusula
Joined Mar 2012
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyor View Post
It wouldn't be the same here without you guys, and its basically a F45 mod
Agree
Tumppi T is offline Find More Posts by Tumppi T
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: VCTRC 450 Pro V2 (T-Rex clone)
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:26 AM
Joined Dec 2012
348 Posts
just looked outside... FLAT CALM... :'(
and no copter yet
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Old Jan 05, 2013, 06:33 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
7am German time, just got home from night shift, the postie should bring my F645 today... AND IT'S BUCKETING DOWN!!!!

Oh well, decisions, decisions. Do I just fly my V911s today and get a bit of relaxing done before tonight's shift, or do I get the paperclip and the epoxy resin out? The paperclip's tempting, but thinking I might be better off leaving that til I have a couple of days off and no time constraints - apart from The Wife, The Kids...

Might as well finish off this rum with tea and sleep on it G'night all.
Hello Tiggertoo, you will be happy with your F45 !
I would suggest that you do the paperclip mod as soon as possible, because the loops on the rotorhead can break very quickly when you have hard landings, and they even sometimes break simply while flying (it occured to me), and then the heli becomes barely manoeuvrable.
I broke 3 of them since I fly my 2 F45s, but since the paperclip mod, I never broke one (and God knows I had some "hard" landings ).

MfG, roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:27 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
649 Posts
Xtreme blades

On january 1st, Rexless wrote :
Quote:
Having followed Brent's advice and moved to upgraded stiff blades it makes a huge difference. Performance is faster and certainly less stable, but as I get more experience this is an attractive change. The trade off is a good one at this point.
I allready tested other blades, the #4 from Walkera, and DH9104 blades.
They didn't bring any extra performance or flying characteristics.

After reading Rexless, i orderd these Xtremes blades (made originally for the Esky Honey Bee FP).
They came yesterday and this morning I test-flew them.
Wow, these blades are a real improvement !
The F45 flies now "sharper", and higher speeds can bee reached.
Curiously, the bobbing phaenomea I had at high throttle almost disapeared (??).
While hovering, the F45 looks as stable as before to me, but I can feel that the faster I fly, the more "precise" the heli has become.
Maybe it's because the blades are stiffer than the original ones.
Or simply because their aerodynamics are better than on the stock ones ?
I have to say that after the brushless mod, these blades are the most useful mod I did do on the F45.

I also flew a little my Master CP, but I still have a lot to learn about CP helis, so for the moment the Master CP flights are very slooow.
At least I didn't crash ! (more costs and more to repair than in a F45 crash)

Roland
-----------------------------

Edit a few hours later :
Well, I drained two other batteries on the F45, and I can only confirm what I wrote this morning, the F45 with this blades is a killer heli ! (of course we are speaking from cheap FP helis here)
Drained also two other batteries on the Master CP.
So 8 flights today and no crash, I am happy
Have a nice sunday.

Oh yes, a last thing : these Xtreme blades have a very nice sound !
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Last edited by Rollmops67; Jan 05, 2013 at 11:49 AM.