HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:08 AM
Joined Dec 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
How did you do to burn the track going to the main motor AND the track going to the tail motor and also a diode??
Did you invert the supply polarity ?
I do not know. I was flying and stopped suddenly. thought it was the battery. Then I bought another engine. but to test the new engine saw that was burned. Do you know where I can buy the PCB (new model)? graciass!
Spain_Betis is offline Find More Posts by Spain_Betis
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:18 AM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spain_Betis View Post
I do not know. I was flying and stopped suddenly. thought it was the battery. Then I bought another engine. but to test the new engine saw that was burned. Do you know where I can buy the PCB (new model)? graciass!
Check very carefully, the wires that come off of the motor that you removed. They have been known to wear on the edge of the motor and short out which would cause your problem.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:40 AM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonamorris6 View Post
Anyone??? I wanna try this thing out!! lol... Also... The wind is pretty bad here... whats the likelihood of this bird hovering a few feet in my kitchen?? Yes, no??
Tone down Tx to 20-30% and you can fly most any where. It's a little rough on window shades and curtains. Been known to leave marks on old men. It has also been known to piss of a wife or two when you run into things

Ray
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:03 AM
Joined Dec 2012
16 Posts
Does anyone know where I can buy the new model (PBC)? thanks
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:12 AM
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Does anyone know where I can buy the new model (PBC)? thanks
WWW.Feala.com
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:43 AM
Joined Dec 2012
16 Posts
I have bought on www.rchelicopter7.com. Its more cheap
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:33 PM
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
I have bought on www.rchelicopter7.com. Its more cheap
Good Deal Happy Flying!!!
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:45 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
A moment of silence please . . .

I sold my one and only F45 today. An aquaintance has been trying to buy it from me since fall and I sold it today.

For me, hovering is not flying, and I just rarely get a chance to get out where I can enjoy this one. So it has gone to a good home on an acreage.

All I have left now is my v911, Solo Pro's 260a, 328a, 228p, Solo 210a, RC Eye One, x100, x200, v929 . . . . ok, never mind - I'll be fine.

regards . . . g
I can sure relate. Not enough room now for F45s to fly so they are up for sale. Gotta make do with v911, SP 228, SP Bravo SX and F47!
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:03 PM
Joined Dec 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc4 View Post
Good Deal Happy Flying!!!
Jajaja. Thanks!
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:23 PM
Joined Dec 2012
344 Posts
Thanks for the welcome BT. I am up to page 90 on the threads LOL. My old eyes dunno if they can see THAT well to do a rx board, last one i did was converting a 2ch to 4 (futaba)... Figures that I ask the one question thats a 'state secret' LOL. Wouldnt be the first... ( I once asked 'How many pounds of fuel rods, and the percentage of U235 to inert powder, to power this nuclear submarine I am overhauling?') Needless to say (I am still laughing) they threatened me with 4 different levels of hell JUST FOR ASKING... Oh the joys of youth.
Oh G, sozz to hear that you sold your F45. I do understand
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:23 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
F45/450 crash!!

Well it was bound to happen. Full throttle, right turn, nutin' but grass.

Good news is fiberglass canopy not cracked. Bad news is broken landing skid and main blade.

Side note, I ordered all I need to build a second F45/450 to use the belt drive. Bought a Walkera v450D01 main shaft sleeve as it has the flange on the end. Going to mount it "hole in" and drill a hole in the upper part of the F45 head so that it will slide all the way on the main shaft. With the radio setup I bought, I should be able to use the Honey Bee 90 degree swash, then flybarless right around the corner. The waiting starts now.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:03 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Well it was bound to happen. Full throttle, right turn, nutin' but grass.

Good news is fiberglass canopy not cracked. Bad news is broken landing skid and main blade.

Side note, I ordered all I need to build a second F45/450 to use the belt drive. Bought a Walkera v450D01 main shaft sleeve as it has the flange on the end. Going to mount it "hole in" and drill a hole in the upper part of the F45 head so that it will slide all the way on the main shaft. With the radio setup I bought, I should be able to use the Honey Bee 90 degree swash, then flybarless right around the corner. The waiting starts now.
Been there, done that, Arrowshooter. Usually take out the main gear too (though not the blade).
Its the irresistible fascination for pulling out of a steep dive, and then zipping along at about 20knots 2ft above the ground. Why? lol. Wouldn't dare with the CPs.
Very interested in your new build. My second 450 is going to be pretty well the same hardware as my first, but 6chan Rx (with gyro): will try both the belt tail, and a Turnigy 2211 Tail (with thr mixing).
Your FBL does seem attractive, though!
Cheers
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:12 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
I just found the the crash also took out my sleeve. Looking forward to trying the one out of harder steel. Now to find a one piece skid.

I will be watching yours as well. I guess we will have to start our own thread when we are done, unless they will let us stay on since we still have the F45 head on there.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:26 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Why not try the Align 500 skid? - Looks pretty good, and - despite my best efforts - haven't been able to break it yet. Not one piece, but $10 - cheap enough.
My Align 450 plus canopy is very flimsy. Have found lining all likely impact areas with duct tape strengthens it considerably. Just a thought.
Perhaps you're right, a new thread after our next build, Arrowshooter. Guess we really won't belong here any more .
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:04 PM
The Netherlands, ZH, Rotterdam
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
............... I guess we will have to start our own thread when we are done, unless they will let us stay on since we still have the F45 head on there.
It wouldn't be the same here without you guys, and its basically a F45 mod
Flyor is offline Find More Posts by Flyor