HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:48 AM
Joined Dec 2012
16 Posts
Hello friends. I have a big problem. I thought I had burned the main engine. I purchased two new engines. I have changed but still not working. I've tried different batteries (I have 5) and does not work. Just move the queuing engine. The servos are working properly, makes all movements. What I can do? thank you!
Spain_Betis is offline Find More Posts by Spain_Betis
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:51 AM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spain_Betis View Post
Hello friends. I have a big problem. I thought I had burned the main engine. I purchased two new engines. I have changed but still not working. I've tried different batteries (I have 5) and does not work. Just move the queuing engine. The servos are working properly, makes all movements. What I can do? thank you!
Take off the PCB so you can see the bottom. Look for burned traces like this:
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:15 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
This is normal, it is the gyro trying to keep the heli level. All 6ch cp heli's do this and also the tail servo will not return to center as the gyro is controlling it. To set the arm trims correctly turn on the heli and then switch it back off again as soon as the servo's lock into their center positioning.
if I get the chance to try it I'll keep that in mind. It'll be a while until I can get more "stuff".
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:39 AM
Joined Dec 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Take off the PCB so you can see the bottom. Look for burned traces like this:
No work well the battery cables. I'll buy another PCB. I have seen that there are two types of PCB. The two well synchronized with the remote? thanks
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:42 AM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
No work well the battery cables. I'll buy another PCB. I have seen that there are two types of PCB. The two well synchronized with the remote? thanks
Sorry, I do not understand "no work well the battery cables". What do you mean?
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:52 AM
Joined Dec 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, I do not understand "no work well the battery cables". What do you mean?
While the current fails. when I give the throttle, just move the rear engine, two seconds and stops working and the LED flashes the helicopter. The servos work and make all the moves.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:57 AM
Joined Dec 2012
16 Posts
The photo is my PBC and want to buy this: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Mj...9-p-46451.html Is it compatible with the remote?
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:19 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
The photo is my PBC and want to buy this: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Mj...9-p-46451.html Is it compatible with the remote?
I understand. That is the "old style" PCB you show from Banggood. I do not think it will work with your new controler. Someone else here would know more about new vs. old.
Last edited by arrowshooter; Jan 03, 2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:26 PM
Joined Dec 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
I understand. That is the "old style" PCB you shoe from Banggood. I do not think it will work with your new controler. Someone else here would know more about new vs. old.
Is that I have seen in several places. The PBC old. Does anyone know more about this? thank you!
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:28 PM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
640 Posts
Quote:
While the current fails. when I give the throttle, just move the rear engine, two seconds and stops working and the LED flashes the helicopter. The servos work and make all the moves.
I had a problem with exactly the same symptoms, in fact it was the tail motor wich had a short circuit. (It happened during flight, ouchh).
And each time I pulled up throttle the PCB went in kind of "security mode" with flashing led.
Try to disconnect the tail motor connector from the PCB (the one with a white and a blue wire) and look what happens.
Maybe it could also be the main motor wich has a short-circuit ?
Try to disconnect the main motor connector to see.

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:45 PM
Joined Dec 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
I had a problem with exactly the same symptoms, in fact it was the tail motor wich had a short circuit. (It happened during flight, ouchh).
And each time I pulled up throttle the PCB went in kind of "security mode" with flashing led.
Try to disconnect the tail motor connector from the PCB (the one with a white and a blue wire) and look what happens.
Maybe it could also be the main motor wich has a short-circuit ?
Try to disconnect the main motor connector to see.

Roland
ok, I'll try to do that. You know if it supports the other PBC, with the remote? thanks
Old Jan 03, 2013, 05:09 PM
Joined Dec 2012
56 Posts
Just got my f45 today... Quick question before I test it out, I'm a beginner so with that said, whats a good tx setup for a beginners first fight? (%'s on the tx controls)
Jasonamorris6 is offline Find More Posts by Jasonamorris6
Old Jan 03, 2013, 05:25 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,475 Posts
Ah fun.... I was out today at -9C and couldn't get the tail to hold. I had to throw the stick hard to the right to maintain a straight heading. Managed to land safely. I just checked it out in the house and it seems ok. Either the tail motor is flaking out (I'm probably 25-30 flights in on this one) or the gyro said "nope, too cold".

Ironically I crashed my big quad for the first time today. Fortunately it was into a snow bank. It's drying out now but I think it's going to be just fine.
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 05:52 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
I don't risk big helis below freezing my cheap Gyro gives me the NFW below 30F don't know what the Align's would do but it's to risky. Most of my flying has been with V911 indoors or with my mini quads -17F last night here. My big quad is waiting on parts I crashed it in the cold KK2 board spazzed out and bent a motor shaft and did in 3 props and broke frame. But the good thing is the KK2 is still ticking. I see some guys have made little heaters to keep board warm, me I will wait for the thaw,
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Jan 03, 2013, 05:56 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
ok, I'll try to do that. You know if it supports the other PBC, with the remote? thanks
Feala.com shows pictures of both boards so you can see what you are getting before you buy they also show both transmitters.
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4