HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:23 PM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
71 Posts
Thank you so much for your diligence and prompt help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz View Post
Here's two pics, which should give the idea, and help a bit IF the problem is a reversed control. (I'm assuming your tailprop is running in the right direction). Again, sorry about the quality - no Macro.

- Opening the Tx just requires the removal of the screws (including those in the handle) and it snaps apart.
- The actual Yaw pot will be now be obvious (I fly mode 4 - long story, so I've had to do this on many Tx's).
- All you have to do is reverse the yellow and black leads shown wired to the pot in the smaller picture - your actual pot may of course be on the other side (depending on your mode).

10 min job!
Good luck with the mod .

Edit - The actual wiring to these pots is definitely not standard in this particular Tx!
Mister Gassy is offline Find More Posts by Mister Gassy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:31 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Finished F445

Here is what I did:

Frame: 450 clone
Rotor head is F45 "necked down" to 5mm with a sleeve
Tail motor is stock F45
Receiver is stock F45 mounted on foam
Motor is a Hobbymate 3600kv with 13T pinion
Current Speed Control is Turnigy Basic 20A
Battery is a 2000mAh Onyx
Servos are 9g Tower Pro, aileron arm lengthened
Canopy is eBay special
Anti-rotation bracket fashioned from plastic.
Fin currently held on with servo bracket.

I put the Tx down to take the in flight pic. Tricky
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:08 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Here is what I did:

Frame: 450 clone
Rotor head is F45 "necked down" to 5mm with a sleeve
Tail motor is stock F45
Receiver is stock F45 mounted on foam
Motor is a Hobbymate 3600kv with 13T pinion
Current Speed Control is Turnigy Basic 20A
Battery is a 2000mAh Onyx
Servos are 9g Tower Pro, aileron arm lengthened
Canopy is eBay special
Anti-rotation bracket fashioned from plastic.
Fin currently held on with servo bracket.

I put the Tx down to take the in flight pic. Tricky
Good looking Build, should start building them and selling them, Hate the stock Tail motor the summer heat kills them. All and all it looks good What's next Nitro NF445. LOL

Ray
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:34 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Dunno Ray -
But the (Align/HK) 500 probably has a 6mm driveshaft? .......
Cheers for '13
John
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:49 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,496 Posts
We had a family lego night and it was decided I was to build a helicopter for the lego city... so I went for a belt drive system. I put a crank on the tail so the kids could spin up the main blades. I only had a couple of gears to work with so the ratio isn't great but we all had fun so that's what counts right?

Oh, and the turnigy photo... weird. I was charging a 2650mah 3s and one cell was out of whack. I haven't seen it go like this before. It balanced up by the end.
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 11:41 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Can't wait to see the videos of your latest (Lego) bird soaring over Juniper ridge!
Cheers for the season!
John

PS - had a similar problem with one of my 3s too - it's normal again now, but keeping an eye on it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:04 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Hi Folks,
Two F45's listed in the classifieds. Great to fly "as is" or as parts source. Also nanotech batteries and other spare parts. Please have a look if you need "stuff". Many thanks, Allan.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:19 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geso View Post
excuse me has every reason in the world...
Hola amigo!
I didn't have a problem with you two greeting each other in your native language I just wanted to try and make sure it didn't go on for page after page

Greetz
Tigg
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:54 AM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
21 knots measured down at the met office, so I HAD to test our new F45/450 under semi extreme conditions. The heli passed with flying colors, me not so much: mainly through showing off for some kids watching.
We kept on flying though! - all in the cause. And it does kind of answer gettinglucky's question back on 339.

PS - Thinking about your '445' Arrowshooter: but that would be surely confused with a size measurement? Ours are actually bigger (just) than a stock 450.
I'll go with the majority vote!

The carnage from the 45 blades . No idiot like an old one. The heli, however, is unmarked...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:31 AM
Joined Nov 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezywilly View Post
@Eric.Jr.Sax where do you live? I could use that board if it is not already spoken for. I am in Minnesota
I'm in Baltimore! Home of the Ravens!
Eric.Jr.Sax is offline Find More Posts by Eric.Jr.Sax
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:45 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
Now that you mention it I remember reading something about twitchy servos on the KK2 board. It sounds like some people use servos for tricopters to control the yaw? hmm.. I just found this: http://youtu.be/JkYPyzQlelo - no flight yet though.
This is normal, it is the gyro trying to keep the heli level.
All 6ch cp heli's do this and also the tail servo will not return to center as the gyro is controlling it.

To set the arm trims correctly turn on the heli and then switch it back off again as soon as the servo's lock into their center positioning.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:14 AM
Spain, Valencian Community, Burriana
Joined Mar 2012
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
hola amigo!
I didn't have a problem with you two greeting each other in your native language i just wanted to try and make sure it didn't go on for page after page :d

greetz
tigg
: D: D: D: D
Geso is offline Find More Posts by Geso
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:07 AM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
21 knots measured down at the met office, so I HAD to test our new F45/450 under semi extreme conditions. The heli passed with flying colors, me not so much: mainly through showing off for some kids watching.
We kept on flying though! - all in the cause. And it does kind of answer gettinglucky's question back on 339.

PS - Thinking about your '445' Arrowshooter: but that would be surely confused with a size measurement? Ours are actually bigger (just) than a stock 450.

The carnage from the 45 blades . No idiot like an old one. The heli, however, is unmarked...
Got a few of those battle scars myself from Heli blades , But like the Bee Hive I still keep going back for the Honey.
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:13 AM
Joined Jan 2012
516 Posts
@rpc4 Did you see my questions? I located a helimax and Was thinking about trying your mods. Just need to know what electronics you used.
freezywilly is offline Find More Posts by freezywilly
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:42 AM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:

You know size does matter! Think I'll make a new sticker to read F45/450.

Nice brand Somewhere on here I have an ankle like that. I wear it proudly.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter