Turnigy 4mm Heat Shrink Tube - RED (1mtr) 1 IN STOCK
Turnigy 5mm Heat Shrink Tube - BLACK (1mtr) 1 IN STOCK
Turnigy 2mm Heat Shrink Tube Yellow (1mtr) 1 IN STOCK
Turnigy 2mm Heat Shrink Tube Blue (1mtr) 1 IN STOCK
Cable Ties HS2.5x60mm 100pc (Natural White) 1 IN STOCK
HobbyKing HK-010 Wattmeter & Voltage Analyzer
Itīs for mod the MJX F-45? ;s

A lot of things not? kk!

Would be delighted to know what are your intentions in modifying the MJX, which will, if you can share! I am Thankful!
Junior Basilio is offline Find More Posts by Junior Basilio
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:50 PM
Starting in R/C Helicopters
Brazil, MT, Juara
Joined Oct 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladicopter View Post
I get this one as the other guys from here.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8613

This prop for the tail
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11328

This controller
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=4318

Also got this gyro apparently it is a top dog boloks gyro,i mught change stock receiver for something else.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10113
Oops, now I saw the post! Dude, thanks for that tip! Just a basic question, this ESC, where do I turn? Since only one slot left for the main motor ESC!

The Gyro, I use it for?

I apologize for the questions, but I am very beginner!

The Gyro know it serves to control, but what advantages? If there are any, I use! and D
And how should I adjust? Remove the others?
Junior Basilio is offline Find More Posts by Junior Basilio
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:14 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Basilio View Post
Oops, now I saw the post! Dude, thanks for that tip! Just a basic question, this ESC, where do I turn? Since only one slot left for the main motor ESC!

The Gyro, I use it for?

I apologize for the questions, but I am very beginner!

The Gyro know it serves to control, but what advantages? If there are any, I use! and D
And how should I adjust? Remove the others?
You need one of these to plug between current tail motor spot and ESC. Do a search here and you will find the hookup.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/XTREME-Brush...item1e74dccd22

Got no idea what that gyro would be be used for on the F45. I think you would need a whole new Rx and all.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:33 AM
Joined Nov 2012
51 Posts
You need one of these to plug between current tail motor spot and ESC. Do a search here and you will find the hookup.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/XTREME-Brush...item1e74dccd22

I did not order any signal convertor.what is it for?
Vladicopter is offline Find More Posts by Vladicopter
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:35 AM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Whizgig -
Sorry, missed your question a couple of pages back.
The 'custom' skids on my MJX/450 are just HK standard 450, but with a Clark Rubber closed cell pipe lagging coat.
Essential, as with anything HK, you take your chances! - their stock skids you could snap between two fingers: on the other hand, their 450 rotor head (from http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html) is imo far superior - particularly for a learner - to the all plastic unit that came with my Align 450 RTF. The tail even more so.
Been using the built up kit in preference to the Align, so I know where I'd rather they kept spending their R&D! - can always finish off with Align skids, shafts, main gear, and other odds and ends.
Regards

Vladicopter -
The first step in the BL tail conversion is to transform the brushed motor drive signal to a format suitable for an ESC. That's why you need the converter.
Another link, showing the setup - http://www.xtreme-production.com/xtr...mart&Itemid=31
If you're using a separate RX/Gyro/servo or ESC (as you seem to be) you have no need of it. If not, hope this helps.
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by OldOz; Dec 21, 2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:29 AM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz View Post
Arrowshooter -
Yep, only MJX parts are the rotor head and blades, and the tail rotor. I was a bit worried about the blades being able to take the extra loading, but after over 20 8min flights - no sign of wear or other damage. Can give you a fuller list of parts if you'd like to go down this road too.
Don't think I'll be going back to the stock F45 soon, new one has much greater wind authority and visibility at a distance (anyway, my son has my old EH200 BL version now!)
Cheers!

PS - will be looking again at trying to get the servo/belt tail working in the New Year, but if all else fails will do the BL tail instead. Also, was surprised to find the autorotation gear didn't make the 450 mod more 'floaty' - but no, seems to fly exactly like a (more powerful) BL converted F45.
Can you give me a little more detail about why the "5mm sleeve", did you use the stock F45 gearing and Rx, does the stock F45 tail bolt on? You can PM it to me if you wish so we do not get too far off the F45 topic. Thanks
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Last edited by arrowshooter; Dec 21, 2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:28 PM
Joined Oct 2012
810 Posts
Its a bit off topic, but I'm not getting a useful answer in the simulator forum, so here goes....

Is a 4 channel simulator OK for learning 6 channel CP heli? Will I be able to set throttle and pitch curves? (I do not mind using the keyboard for throttle hold/idle up).

I will use Heli Sim RC or Clearview with it, not FMS.
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:45 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
Its a bit off topic, but I'm not getting a useful answer in the simulator forum, so here goes....

Is a 4 channel simulator OK for learning 6 channel CP heli? Will I be able to set throttle and pitch curves? (I do not mind using the keyboard for throttle hold/idle up).

I will use Heli Sim RC or Clearview with it, not FMS.
I used clearview with the FMS controller from Dynam. It actually supports 6 channels, I think. I have not used it for 6 months. Clearview is OK and has great graphics, but the helis do not fly as in real life. I got Phoenix about 8 months ago and the models there handle very much like the real ones. If you want to buy a real one, the Phoenix can come packaged with the DX6I for not a lot more than just the sim.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Dec 21, 2012, 03:36 PM
Joined Dec 2012
210 Posts
Woohoo, picked up my new F645 from UPS today, present from my daughter but she had missed UPS delivery Tuesday, they were about to send it back, glad I caught it before. Switched the servo arms, made blade shims, and mechanically trimmed the swash till I had a hands off hover in my family room. Now if these blasted winds will die down, figures as it had been calm all week, maybe it will calm down toward dusk.
tracker1955 is offline Find More Posts by tracker1955
Old Dec 21, 2012, 03:47 PM
Joined Nov 2012
70 Posts
Hey everyone,... been having lots of fun flying my F45 until about an hour ago. Thanks to my pea-brained cousin, who is about as smart as a tick! He plugged the bat wire into the open socket on the board. I heard him say "Whoa!" and when I turned around,... I saw the smoke. I jumped up and yanked the wire and blew away some of the stinky smoke, then tried plugging it in the batt port on the side,... nothing. No usual twitch,... nothing. And I showed him where to plug the battery wire in on the side, maybe 3 or 4 times, but I guess his tick DNA is more dominant than I thought.

Anyway,... you guys think I'm looking at replacing a fried board? I suspect I am, but wanna be sure. I know there's the new version, but how do I know if I'm looking at a replacement old or new board. If I remember right, I think I read that the new boards have the open slot (yep, the slot where my Nobel Laureate cousin plugged the battery into) next to where the servos are plugged in. Is this right? And the older boards don't have this open slot? Thanks for the help.

BTW, the shims worked well on the blade grips. Thanks for that advice WarHorse!
Eric.Jr.Sax is offline Find More Posts by Eric.Jr.Sax
Old Dec 21, 2012, 03:57 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
"BTW, the shims worked well on the blade grips. Thanks for that advice WarHorse!"

Glad to hear it worked out for you

On the other hand sorry about the cousin, I have a rule of thumb for all my "toys" and that is , you can play with them when ya lay the cash on the table.

Sounds like the PCB got fried... sorry
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:17 PM
Joined Nov 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
"BTW, the shims worked well on the blade grips. Thanks for that advice WarHorse!"

Glad to hear it worked out for you

On the other hand sorry about the cousin, I have a rule of thumb for all my "toys" and that is , you can play with them when ya lay the cash on the table.

Sounds like the PCB got fried... sorry
Yeah,... I kinda deep down inside know it. Just ordered one from TechNToys for 17 bucks. It might, just might finds it's here before Xmas. But man, today was the last of school for the year and all I wanted to do was get some battpack time in. Oh well!!!

Hey congrats tracker1955 on your new bird bro! Enjoy!
Eric.Jr.Sax is offline Find More Posts by Eric.Jr.Sax
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:42 PM
The Netherlands, ZH, Rotterdam
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
Time for some fun

Hi guys,

MJX F45 bird filming (1 min 0 sec)

Enjoy
Regards
Flyor is offline Find More Posts by Flyor
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:02 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,495 Posts
I noticed Vladicopter was buying a bunch of heat shrink tubing. I had found this kit on Ebay and love it.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/160-Pcs-Pro-K...#ht_583wt_1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
Its a bit off topic, but I'm not getting a useful answer in the simulator forum, so here goes.... Is a 4 channel simulator OK for learning 6 channel CP heli? Will I be able to set throttle and pitch curves? (I do not mind using the keyboard for throttle hold/idle up). I will use Heli Sim RC or Clearview with it, not FMS.
I'd get a 6 channel. I have a dynam 6ch with HeliSimRC and it works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker1955 View Post
Woohoo, picked up my new F645 from UPS today, present from my daughter but she had missed UPS delivery Tuesday, they were about to send it back, glad I caught it before. Switched the servo arms, made blade shims, and mechanically trimmed the swash till I had a hands off hover in my family room. Now if these blasted winds will die down, figures as it had been calm all week, maybe it will calm down toward dusk.
That's how it goes. It's been windy here all week. I got lucky and flew earlier when the wind had just died down and the snow hadn't started yet. See video below!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric.Jr.Sax View Post
.... open socket on the board. I heard him say "Whoa!" and when I turned around,... I saw the smoke.... Anyway,... you guys think I'm looking at replacing a fried board?
Smells like a fried board to me... so sorry to hear that.

I'm looking at my newest F45 and I'm not sure I'm following. What open socket are you referring to?

And now for all you Heli video fans, here's the latest instalment. I call it Home Run Helicopter as I'm flying around in a baseball diamond. I tried slowing the video down at the highest altitude as I very slowly spun the helicopter around to do a panorama. The camera, unfortunately, didn't like the slow rotation and picked up some jello. I might have to check the tension on the zip ties!

Home Run Helicopter in the Snow (9 min 38 sec)
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by rexless; Dec 21, 2012 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Adding a link
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:09 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Arrowshooter -
My MJX 450 mod.
Made a mistake on my original post, so will correct that here (and answer your questions at the same time).
The gear train, driveshaft is all HK 450 up to the rotor head. Problem is, the 450 shaft is 5mm - actually thinner than our stock F45's.
Hence the need for the 6mm (F45) to 5mm (450) shaft adaptor. You have to make a sleeve (mine was from a cannibalised F39 coax outer shaft, drilled out) about 4cm long.
Again, the 450 boom is a larger diameter than the F45. I found trimming off the last 5cm or so of the stock f45 boom (with rotor assembly), and packing the slight difference with tape gave a very firm fit inside the 450 boom.
As the stock tail is only a temporary fix for me, pending arrival of my BL tail bits (or a successful 450 belt drive tail conversion) I didn't worry too much about the details. But the stock tail really has no trouble keeping up with the much more powerful (than EH200) ADH300XL main: which does surprise me. Though I do suspect the stock tail motor will wear out faster than normal in this usage.
The PCB is still stock F45, so not really off topic.

However the ADH300XL is a great motor. So powerful, in fact, that the modded heli is not only able to lift its own 600g weight, but also to handle fairly normally with an extra 100g (battery) strapped underneath - all on a 2s 2200 Turnigy!
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by OldOz; Dec 21, 2012 at 06:16 PM.