HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:12 AM
I'd rather be flying
baddb1's Avatar
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
The F46 is offered at Banggood for $95. Same technology but smaller then the F45, more expensive then the price I paid for my two great F45, small and basic transmitter of the F47, unless it is an amazing flyer I don't predict a great future to the F46 at that price.
I agree. I also see the F45 is now $15 more than when I bought it 2 months ago!
baddb1 is online now Find More Posts by baddb1
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:35 AM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddb1 View Post
I agree. I also see the F45 is now $15 more than when I bought it 2 months ago!
The F-45 is the better of all of them so I would wait for the new FBL heli in a F-45 size or larger.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:50 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2012
70 Posts
Yeah,... I just looked at the F46 online. Doesn't look that exciting at all. Frame looks like it's gone totally plastic. Besides, I'm having lots of fun with my F45, especially now that I've had some setbacks on my 450 clone build! If MJX does an FBL, now does sound interesting, especially if they decide to take the motor off the back. I'm off to school!!
Eric.Jr.Sax is offline Find More Posts by Eric.Jr.Sax
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 09:39 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
fauconnier's Avatar
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric.Jr.Sax View Post
Yeah,... I just looked at the F46 online. Doesn't look that exciting at all. Frame looks like it's gone totally plastic. Besides, I'm having lots of fun with my F45, especially now that I've had some setbacks on my 450 clone build! If MJX does an FBL, now does sound interesting, especially if they decide to take the motor off the back. I'm off to school!!
The F45 differ from the other helicopter by its capacity to resist a crash and it is what make me appreciate it so much. I have 1 belt tail heli and one shaft tail heli , both hold better then the F45 motor tail but there is a big price to pay for that, they are 2000% more fragile.
fauconnier is online now Find More Posts by fauconnier
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:06 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
rexless's Avatar
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,520 Posts
Amazed with this helicopter

Greetings on this snowy Canadian winter day. This morning I took the F645 up for a fun little flight in the snow. I had a ground camera that captured some cool shots from my van and an on-board camera for the rest. I know some guys & gals prefer unedited video that shows the flight start to finish so I've clipped nothing between take-off and landing.

I am continually amazed at how nice this helicopter flies and how well it performs across a wide variety of situations. It's damn near perfect at what it does. Anyway, here's today's snowy video for you. I recommend full-screen at 1080p HD so you can get more of the distance views from the top panel.

Super Snow Day - Flying The F645 (7 min 51 sec)
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:24 PM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Nice flying rexless but -1c is way to cold for me.
I would have to be in a bubble of nice warm air as I can't control my body temps so it's only nice to moderate day's for me.

That is a beautiful country to fly in one day I might go to Canada once I can get a portable bubble lol.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:57 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2012
51 Posts
Hi guys do you think this battery would be better than 2000mah nano tech?

http://www.fystore.com/p56310/MJX-F4...t-Sellers.html
Vladicopter is offline Find More Posts by Vladicopter
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:10 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
rexless's Avatar
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,520 Posts
I am very happy with my 2000mah Nanotech. The only way to know if one is better than the other is to try them in the same rig.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:18 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2012
51 Posts
I found best price for mjx f45 helicopter here

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...575067137.html
Vladicopter is offline Find More Posts by Vladicopter
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:08 AM
Registered User
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladicopter View Post
Hi guys do you think this battery would be better than 2000mah nano tech?

http://www.fystore.com/p56310/MJX-F4...t-Sellers.html
I tested that battery. The one I received, though a real lipo, lasted only four minutes and got extremely hot (too hot to touch). Unless mine was defective, I think the discharge rate is too low for the F45 current draw. Nanotech 2000s only get slightly warm after continuous hard use for 8 minutes or more.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:37 AM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiichopper View Post
I tested that battery. The one I received, though a real lipo, lasted only four minutes and got extremely hot (too hot to touch). Unless mine was defective, I think the discharge rate is too low for the F45 current draw. Nanotech 2000s only get slightly warm after continuous hard use for 8 minutes or more.
I myself would not even touch this battery as to me it looks suspect, it has no C rating on it and no brand name either also it is strange how all the photos of it with the standard battery seems to be carefully placed as to not show the so called approved stickers above.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:53 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
870 Posts
Am I over-discharging the stock battery?

I am using the lithium ion program of my Accucell 6, which charges the stock battery to 8.2 V. I set the low voltage alarm to ring at 3.2 V, giving me a flight time of about 7 min with my BL converted F45. After I disconnect the battery, the voltage (open circuit) goes upto 3.5 V per cell. According to the Accucell manual, the discharge voltage cutoff for a lithium ion cell is 2.5 V, and I'm well above that, so is this OK?

(My stock battery has about 40 flights on it)
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:13 AM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
I am using the lithium ion program of my Accucell 6, which charges the stock battery to 8.2 V. I set the low voltage alarm to ring at 3.2 V, giving me a flight time of about 7 min with my BL converted F45. After I disconnect the battery, the voltage (open circuit) goes upto 3.5 V per cell. According to the Accucell manual, the discharge voltage cutoff for a lithium ion cell is 2.5 V, and I'm well above that, so is this OK?

(My stock battery has about 40 flights on it)
Yes that's fine.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:09 AM
Eternal beginner
Rollmops67's Avatar
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
Greetings on this snowy Canadian winter day. This morning I took the F645 up for a fun little flight in the snow. I had a ground camera that captured some cool shots from my van and an on-board camera for the rest. I know some guys & gals prefer unedited video that shows the flight start to finish so I've clipped nothing between take-off and landing.
...
http://youtu.be/yy5ZY84Bn7M
Thank you for sharing your flying.
As allways, fine video, and fine music too !

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:36 AM
Scotsman in Germany
tiggertoo1962's Avatar
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladicopter View Post
I found best price for mjx f45 helicopter here

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...575067137.html
I think before I wait 6 weeks for delivery and pay 19% import tax, I'd be better off getting it here

http://www.ebay.de/itm/4-Kanal-2-4-G...item19d42062ea

...or here...

http://www.ebay.de/itm/GROsER-RC-HUB...item231c809bc4

Thanks anyway for the tip
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion On self stabilising single-rotor helis (FP/CP) and comparison to quadcopters and coax LMF5000 Electric Heli Talk 10 Apr 13, 2014 03:59 PM
Discussion UAV systems Single Rotor vs Multi Rotor iskoos UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 2 Jan 06, 2012 11:51 PM
Question Upgrading from Co-Axial to FP Single Rotor Judo JoNny Electric Heli Talk 57 Sep 20, 2010 01:10 PM
Discussion Best FP single rotor 4 CH Heli? helinewbie617 Micro Helis 76 Oct 31, 2009 08:16 PM
For Sale will trade my orbiter coaxial for a fp or cp single rotor heli micro heli Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Sep 05, 2007 02:36 PM