SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:33 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
Well, I've just installed my BL motor (4900 kV outrunner), with a 9T pinion, and Turnigy Plush 25 Amps ESC. I also have the Turnigy programming card.

To test, I set the throttle to 30% in the transmitter. When I move the throttle, the tail rotor starts first, then at about 20%, the main rotor starts up.

1. Why does the main rotor start at 20% (I have selected soft start, is this because of that?)

2. How do you set throttle end points? (The method outlined in the Turnigy ESC manual does not work, please give step by step instructions?)

3. What value should I select for the throttle in the transmitter, and why?

4. I attached the pinion after filing the edge of the shaft, by tightening the grub screw. Should I have used thread lock or something else on the shaft or grub screw?

If you need any further information to answer me, please let me know.
Tail starting first is normal.
1) This is where Throttle End Point comes into play. I have mine ESC set to Normal so I cannot answer to the soft start function.
2) This assumes you have the PCB power and ESC power on two seperate plugs. Unplug the tail motor and the ESC BEC plug from the PCB. Turn on the TX and power up the PCB and let Bind as normal. Move throttle stick to top and plug in ESC and the BEC plug to the PCB. You should hear the beeps as told in ESC instructions. As soon as you do move the stick to the bottom and when you hear the final beep unplug the esc and PCB power. Plug the tail motor back in and you should be good to go. You should be able to see at least 10% when the main starts.
3) 50% seems to be normal. That is something you can fiddle with to see if you see much difference. I really didn't.
4) Yes use thread lock on the grub.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:34 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,766 Posts
Quote:
Well, I've just installed my BL motor (4900 kV outrunner), with a 9T pinion, and Turnigy Plush 25 Amps ESC. I also have the Turnigy programming card.

To test, I set the throttle to 30% in the transmitter. When I move the throttle, the tail rotor starts first, then at about 20%, the main rotor starts up.

1. Why does the main rotor start at 20% (I have selected soft start, is this because of that?)

2. How do you set throttle end points? (The method outlined in the Turnigy ESC manual does not work, please give step by step instructions?)

3. What value should I select for the throttle in the transmitter, and why?

4. I attached the pinion after filing the edge of the shaft, by tightening the grub screw. Should I have used thread lock or something else on the shaft or grub screw?

arrowshooter answered most of your questions.
As for the throttle setting in the TX, it is like a dual rate. I like to have my heli hover at just over 50% throttle, which means on mine I am using 100% in the tx. Depends a lot on the blade and battery combination you are using and how much power you want.
BThirsk is online now Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:43 PM
Joined Oct 2012
815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Tail starting first is normal.
1) This is where Throttle End Point comes into play. I have mine ESC set to Normal so I cannot answer to the soft start function.
2) This assumes you have the PCB power and ESC power on two seperate plugs.
Thank you for your response!

The ESC power cable is soldered directly to the board.
The red cable of the BEC plug is cut (so it has only signal and ground).
I am using the stock battery and blades (for now, at least!)

1. How would I set throttle end point with the above setup?
2. When I select 30% on the transmitter throttle value, does this mean that at throttle mid-stick, it will give 30% throttle?
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:11 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,766 Posts
Quote:
Thank you for your response!

The ESC power cable is soldered directly to the board.
The red cable of the BEC plug is cut (so it has only signal and ground).
I am using the stock battery and blades (for now, at least!)

1. How would I set throttle end point with the above setup?
2. When I select 30% on the transmitter throttle value, does this mean that at throttle mid-stick, it will give 30% throttle?
1: you can't unless you try moving the throttle stick to the top when instituting binding, then move to the bottom and back to the top very fast. If it will bind with the stick in the top, which I don't think it will, it will start the tones as in you ESC instructions. You might have to add a switch in one of the ESC wires. On binding, the ESC needs to see the throttle at 100%, full stick, to go into throttle range programming mode. Make sure your tx is also set to 100%.
2: when you set the throttle setting in the TX, say to 30%, that means your entire throttle out put is now 30% at full stick. Try setting at 100% and hovering. Be light on the throttle as you will have much more power. That will give you an idea of where you are at.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:23 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
644 Posts
Quote:

Take a look here, maybe this helps :
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3330

Concerning the %age of throttle setting on the transmitter, from what I understand, it does not limit the max throttle, but it sets sorts of exp curve.

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:04 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
Take a look here, maybe this helps :
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3330

Concerning the %age of throttle setting on the transmitter, from what I understand, it does not limit the max throttle, but it sets sorts of exp curve.

Roland
No, I don't think the throttle channel in the TX has expo, but limits the total throttle output.
When I did my first brushless conversion, I limited the throttle to 75% as a start. At full throttle, it had very little more power than the brushed motor with stock blades. As soon as I was above 85%, the power increased significantly. It basically is the same as only pushing the throttle stick up half way when you have set to 50%. Because the TX is of lower quality, the percent you enter may not give you the exact output you expect. It is not very liniar.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:16 PM
Joined Nov 2012
11 Posts
Firtst time to flyout my F45. My first heli. High and far. Having fun.

Flight 1213 (2 min 50 sec)
Rbsix is offline Find More Posts by Rbsix
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:34 AM
Joined Nov 2012
51 Posts
Eh200 back in stock today
Vladicopter is offline Find More Posts by Vladicopter
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:16 AM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbsix View Post
Firtst time to flyout my F45. My first heli. High and far. Having fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tyxRv0jIYQ
Looks good! THe sun looked blinding at times though!
baddb1 is online now Find More Posts by baddb1
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:26 AM
Ol' Chap. MJX F45!
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2012
19 Posts
I'm about to order the replacement parts for my helicopter but in my last post which I posted a while back, the back part of the tail where the blade is, that broke off as well as breaking the screw and chipping the plastic. I was wondering if there is a certain part I'll need for that part or should I just order the tail? I'm not sure if the tail comes with that piece, I'll try and get a picture if I can.
PCloud is offline Find More Posts by PCloud
Last edited by PCloud; Dec 15, 2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:43 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCloud View Post
I'm about to order the replacement parts for my helicopter but it my last post which I posted a while back, the back part of the tail where the blade is, that broke off aswell as breaking the screw and chipping the plastic. I was wondering if there is a certain part I'll need for that part or should I just order the tail? I'm not sure if the tail comes with that piece, I'll try and get a picture if I can.
Depending on where you order from, you can just buy the tail motor section without the motor or boom.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:55 AM
Joined Nov 2012
51 Posts
How about this motor for the f45 tail ?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_3800kv.html
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:56 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladicopter View Post
How about this motor for the f45 tail ?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_3800kv.html
You could try it, you won't have to use ase large a prop. It would be too fast if you are planing on using the MJX prop.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:30 AM
Joined Nov 2012
51 Posts
mjx f45 f645 28th flight c4002 camera (9 min 49 sec)

Here is my video of the stock c4002 camera.if you are interested what quality is like...
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:04 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
692 Posts
The F46 is offered at Banggood for $95. Same technology but smaller then the F45, more expensive then the price I paid for my two great F45, small and basic transmitter of the F47, unless it is an amazing flyer I don't predict a great future to the F46 at that price.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier