to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:52 AM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Hi Mate I use rechargeable batteries all the time.
I use 2600mAh 1.2v AA and they last for 1-2 weeks between charges and I have never had any problems with them or the TX or heli.
Then looks like mine are faulty Actually they are +/- 4 years old and havent been charged almost a year Gonna try some Eneloops
Zarrick is offline Find More Posts by Zarrick
Old Dec 04, 2012, 12:54 PM
V911 F45 Super CP
Joined Apr 2012
140 Posts
Has anyone used these main motor replacements? Nice price.
http://www.xheli.com/370hipemofor.html
Mitch332 is offline Find More Posts by Mitch332
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:51 PM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
The price is nice but its just a stock brushed inrunner, surely will overheat like the stock one but if you dont want to brushless conversion, I would buy 3 of them for that price...
Zarrick is offline Find More Posts by Zarrick
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:13 PM
V911 F45 Super CP
Joined Apr 2012
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarrick View Post
The price is nice but its just a stock brushed inrunner, surely will overheat like the stock one but if you dont want to brushless conversion, I would buy 3 of them for that price...
I'll probably do the brushless conversion down the road, just looking for cheap drop-in replacements for now. I know I'll need to change the connectors on these, my concern is the screw holes and gear compatibility.
Mitch332 is offline Find More Posts by Mitch332
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:42 PM
Joined Nov 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch332 View Post
Has anyone used these main motor replacements? Nice price.
http://www.xheli.com/370hipemofor.html

I like the price too buddy.is the shipping free (to uk)???
Vladicopter is offline Find More Posts by Vladicopter
Last edited by Vladicopter; Dec 04, 2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:23 PM
Joined Nov 2012
51 Posts
Anyone desperate for eh200 brushless

Here is some option cost a bit extra
http://www.aeorc.com/english/?product-148.html
Vladicopter is offline Find More Posts by Vladicopter
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:25 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladicopter View Post
Anyone desperate for eh200 brushless

Here is some option cost a bit extra
http://www.aeorc.com/english/?product-148.html
LOL. Those are my two comments on there and I never got a reply.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:01 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Servos

A couple of weeks ago I had a stupid attack while testing and connected the battery with the poles reversed. Fried the PCB. Also noticed that the servos 'jerked' the head assembly. Replaced the PCB but no movement from servos. Blades all respond normally. Did I fry the servos too?
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:58 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiichopper View Post
A couple of weeks ago I had a stupid attack while testing and connected the battery with the poles reversed. Fried the PCB. Also noticed that the servos 'jerked' the head assembly. Replaced the PCB but no movement from servos. Blades all respond normally. Did I fry the servos too?
Yep, Been there done that. Take a black marker and mark both plugs on one side and it will help prevent it next time, Order 4 servo's then you won't have to wait next time. Stock an extra PCB and a tail boom assembly . Happy Flying !!!!!
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:23 PM
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc4 View Post
Yep, Been there done that. Take a black marker and mark both plugs on one side and it will help prevent it next time, Order 4 servo's then you won't have to wait next time. Stock an extra PCB and a tail boom assembly . Happy Flying !!!!!
Thanks for the verification. Did a check by connecting the servo wires from my other F645. Sure nuff those servos work. First thing I did after frying the board was mark the leads! Also learned to always put on one's GLASSES. New parts ordered. Still have another F45 to fly and a Solo Pro 228 - no withdrawal symptoms to worry about.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:32 PM
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Comparison

Flew the Solo Pro 228 a couple of hours ago. It's pretty nice and responsive after a few adjustments (more elev needed for wind). However, it's not as sturdy as the F645. Lost binding somehow at about 50 ft and it did a drop with a slight deflection by a tree branch. Cracked the plastic frame where the skids attach. Lousy bracing at that point so I installed a couple of additional braces after gluing the broken frame. Had similar tumbles with the first F645 with no damage at all. Sure hope MJX doesn't cheapen the build quality. I continue to be impressed with the F645s.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:25 PM
Joined Dec 2006
154 Posts
Old vs New Transmitter

What is the difference between the old and new versions of the transmitters? I plan on buying a F45 and I see both versions are still for sale.
Raycamaro is offline Find More Posts by Raycamaro
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:45 PM
Joined Nov 2012
70 Posts
Well had my F45 up in the air for the first time today when I got home from school. Not as bad as I thought. No higher than 6 feet or so, tail in and side hovers mostly. A little walking around with it too. I like it,... I think it's gonna be a whole lot more fun the coax stuff I'm used to. You gotta pay more attention, that's one thing for sure.

Still putting the 450 together. Going out to get 8 more AA's and then gonna come back and re-watch those assembly and set up youtube tutorials some more tonight. I think this weekend I'll be ready to put battery to it to finish up the set up process. Hopefully by then I'll understand it better. But the F45 is looking like it's gonna be a lot of fun and not as hard to fly as I thought it was gonna be.

I'm scanning this thread now to find out about shimming the blades. Another member told me to read up on it. Do I really need to get heat sinks for the motors right away? Can I wait a little bit on that since it's winter? I'd like to spend the balance of my budget on stuff like batteries and 'things that makes us go' (Star Trek).

Edit: Oh,... anybody using Eneloop re-chargables in their Tx's? I know you're not supposed to use them in some cameras and stuff. Just wondering if that's the case here. Thinking about going to Amazon and ordering a bunch of them, but if we can't use them,....
Eric.Jr.Sax is offline Find More Posts by Eric.Jr.Sax
Last edited by Eric.Jr.Sax; Dec 05, 2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:58 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Eric, I dont think the main motor heat sink matters that much, cuting a "hood scoop" on the top of the canapy may help somewhat. I got about 35 flights out of my main motor with a HS, now triming the plastik on the tail motor and adding a heat sink may be worth the effort, I have over 50 flights on it and its still going strong. The shims on the blades are just to take the play out of the grips so that you can do the "shake" method for tightness. Maybe some of the other guys can repost the pictures for you...... this is a long read in here.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse