HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:34 PM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
My V400 is also virtually hands free hover, but it will break on the first crash.
That's why I suggest one of the minis to help not only in hovering, but to get a grasp on orientation. I'm stuck inside due to winter weather and flying indoors is a totally different challenge than outside. I have hit the walls a few times with no damage to the Heli or the walls With the bigger guys, that would not be possible.
The Skyartec does looks like a great little outside trainer. Can you bind it to a Turnigy 9x TX. If not, any idea what the TX protocol is?
As for binding to any other TX I wouldn't know but I will find out for you, the TX is this one NASA701
The RX is this one SKY-X303V 3-Axis gyro
And spare parts are here

Configuration:

WASP X3V helicopter; 15A brushless ESC; SKY-X303V 3-axis system; 9g servo x3; 9g digital servo(tail servo) x1; BL250 4500KV brushless motor; NASA701 LCD 2.4GHz 7ch TX; 7.4V 900mah LI-PO battery; balance charger; power supply.

Specification:

Length: 475mm
Main rotor blade: 470mm
Tail blade: 110mm
Copper gear: 14T
Main gear: 120T
Flying weight: 260g
Remote control distance: 2500 feet (762m)

Advantages:

For beginners, more stable flight and convenient maintenance.
For experts, more flexible 3D flight and violence flight.
For RC market, flybarless is the current trends.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:37 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Thanks Whizgig. Looks like I will probably pop for the X3V instead of the Walkera V200D01.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:54 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Thanks Whizgig. Looks like I will probably pop for the X3V instead of the Walkera V200D01.
No Prob's mate,

I also forgot to add that it has a belt driven tail which is more forgiving than a torque driven tail and is good for a beginner learning to fly 6ch heli's.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:25 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Can't be wrong, everything is better then a V200D01 !!
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:03 AM
Joined Oct 2012
780 Posts
My Wasp X3V woes.....

Since the Wasp X3V seems to be the topic of discussion at this moment, please have a look at these pictures and tell me if my servo arms are OK or not. My swash is level at zero pitch (at which these pictures have been taken), but not too happy with the servo arms:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post23420424

I have to say the manual is very sketchy and does not explain this or the gyro settings.
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Last edited by Lentar; Dec 03, 2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:52 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
Since the Wasp X3V seems to be the topic of discussion at this moment, please have a look at these pictures and tell me if my servo arms are OK or not. My swash is level at zero pitch (at which these pictures have been taken), but not too happy with the servo arms:

I have to say the manual is very sketchy and does not explain this or the gyro settings.
They are screwed up. You need to have them all the same. You set them as close as possible mechanically to center with the gyro disabled. You can then further adjust electronically with subtrim to get all as close to 90 degrees as possible as long as they are all the same. You may have to use travel adjust at maximum positive pitch and negative pitch to keep the swash level at these extremes. If it stays level all the way through your travel from max negative to mag positive and you have zero pitch at mid stick, you have it perfect.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:28 PM
Joined Nov 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I might suggest if you have never flown a CP Heli, I would get a small trainer before you try the blade 400. That Heli is extremely light and extremely responsive. It will fly good in experienced hands, but is not a very good Heli to learn on. Most of the little minis are very crash resistant. The blade 400 is not.
I'm in strictly sim-mode until I build up some experience. I'm not in a rush. Until then, I'll keep flying my F45. I picked up the 400 3d just because the opportunity arose. $280 plus a Spektrum DX7. Already trimmed, balanced and ready for me, once I'm ready to fly it.

I also picked up a set of extended legs and a GoPro mount from http://www.fpvpilot.com/Pages/450FPVKit.aspx
Twelvizm is offline Find More Posts by Twelvizm
Old Dec 03, 2012, 10:14 PM
Joined Nov 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
I'm in strictly sim-mode until I build up some experience. I'm not in a rush. Until then, I'll keep flying my F45. I picked up the 400 3d just because the opportunity arose. $280 plus a Spektrum DX7. Already trimmed, balanced and ready for me, once I'm ready to fly it.

I also picked up a set of extended legs and a GoPro mount from http://www.fpvpilot.com/Pages/450FPVKit.aspx
What sim are you using?
Eric.Jr.Sax is offline Find More Posts by Eric.Jr.Sax
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:25 AM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
94 Posts
For those using rechargeable batteries in TX, how long do they last? Mine 2500mAh GPs lasted something about 4min. of usage.
Zarrick is offline Find More Posts by Zarrick
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:31 AM
Joined May 2007
223 Posts
hey guys, Im sure the wasp X3V have a thred of is own.
wileyrc is offline Find More Posts by wileyrc
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:35 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarrick View Post
For those using rechargeable batteries in TX, how long do they last? Mine 2500mAh GPs lasted something about 4min. of usage.
2200mah rayovac platinums go about 10 five to ten minute flights before I would recharge. I never had a failure, just did it because.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:50 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarrick View Post
Hi Mate I use rechargeable batteries all the time.
I use 2600mAh 1.2v AA and they last for 1-2 weeks between charges and I have never had any problems with them or the TX or heli.
Last edited by Whizgig; Dec 04, 2012 at 06:58 AM.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:54 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post

Lentar I have answered you on this question in the X3 V thread and also in a PM.

The manual clearly states to level the servo arms if needed under Maintenance Replacement of parts.

This is what I told you to do.

Reset the TX to factory settings then check what mode you are in make sure it is in mode 2.

Now turn on the TX and bind it with the heli, once the heli and TX are bound turn them both off.
Now undo the servo arm and remove it and put it back on so it is straight but don't put the screw in yet.

Now Turn on the TX and then the heli and bind them again, once bound check that the servo arms are straight if they aren't turn off and get them as close to straight as you can then recheck again and if they are fine turn off and do up the screws.

Now bind then again and check the swash plate if it is level then you are done.
If it is not level then you will have to change the length of the swash plate control arms till you get it level.

I would also recommend that you use a swash plate leveling tool set for a 250 size heli to do this with, it will be alot easier for you as it will show you which arm needs to be adjusted up or down and you will get the swash dead level with the shaft.
Also I would recommend that you use a pair of Ball Link pliers to remove the control arm ball links so you can adjust them.

You can buy them from E-bay, online shops or at your local hobby shop.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 06:57 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyrc View Post
hey guys, I'm sure the wasp X3V have a thread of is own.
Yes it dose sorry I was only talking about it due to the question given back on the last page.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:09 AM
Joined Nov 2012
70 Posts
Bthirsk, Hawaiichopper & Arrowshooter,... plopped down at the laptop to check FedEx tracking before leaving to catch the schoolbus. Activity: 'On FedEx Vehicle for Delivery', Location: 'Baltimore, MD'! WooHoo!!!! I be backyeard hovering the moment I get home. Well with the F45 at least. Ain't touchin' the 450 until I learn how to check it out and set it up. Thanks so much guys for quick and dirty education you guys gave up. Appreciated! Gone,... Poof!
Eric.Jr.Sax is offline Find More Posts by Eric.Jr.Sax