HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:48 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
I'll second that. My MCPx behaves much better than an MSRx. FP helis have lower and highly variable headspeed. Flybarless control systems work a lot better with high and consistent headspeed. It's lots easier to program for.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:55 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Guys.
I know many of you are excited about the MJX flybarless FP that is due to be released. I would suggest looking at this instead. V922 CP
I have a Walkera SuperFP and a MiniCP, both the same size and both share many of the same parts only one is fixed pitch and the other is CP.
The CP is easier to take off as ground effects don't affect it as much.
It is easier to hover . You can hover in a 6 inch space whereas the FP hovers almost like toilet bowl effect and is not precise.
Flying the FP needs more room because it does not respond as well.
My experience is the small CP flybarless is a far better choice to learn on.
You've never led me anywhere but the right direction, so if Brent says go for the CP then that is great advice. WLToys does make great entry level stuff.
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:40 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
1,899 Posts
Quote:
Guys.
I know many of you are excited about the MJX flybarless FP that is due to be released.
I would suggest looking at this instead. V922 CP
I have a Walkera SuperFP and a MiniCP, both the same size and both share many of the same parts only one is fixed pitch and the other is CP.
It is easier to hover . You can hover in a 6 inch space whereas the FP hovers almost like toilet bowl effect and is not precise.
I was excited abou the F48 until I had a chance to try that new tx, which came with my x200. I will definitely be checking out the v922.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:57 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
I was excited abou the F48 until I had a chance to try that new tx, which came with my x200. I will definitely be checking out the v922.

regards . . . g
What is wrong with the new Tx?
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:32 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
1,899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
What is wrong with the new Tx?
I had hoped this new tx would be an upgrade for my x100 and F45 but it is not backwards compatible.

IMO this new tx, or at least the one I received with my x200, adds an lcd display but takes a step backward in quality. The throttle stick is a bit notchy and the cyclic stick spring is too stiff. And for me the overall quality feel and control are also a step backward.

The stick issues can probably be dealt with from inside the tx. I have not yet tried.

Of course the obligatory YMMV.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Last edited by gordonzo; Dec 01, 2012 at 05:45 PM. Reason: more
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:33 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Guys.
I know many of you are excited about the MJX flybarless FP that is due to be released.
FLB100
Same Heli, supposed to have better TX.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...F_Mode_2_.html
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Last edited by BThirsk; Dec 02, 2012 at 06:10 AM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:41 PM
Joined Nov 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Guys.
Toilet bowl describes it perfectly. And, because of this, I picked up my next heli today. A Blade 4003d. I don't think I'll be flying it until I get some sim time in.
Twelvizm is offline Find More Posts by Twelvizm
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:03 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
Toilet bowl describes it perfectly. And, because of this, I picked up my next heli today. A Blade 4003d. I don't think I'll be flying it until I get some sim time in.
I might suggest if you have never flown a CP Heli, I would get a small trainer before you try the blade 400. That Heli is extremely light and extremely responsive. It will fly good in experienced hands, but is not a very good Heli to learn on. Most of the little minis are very crash resistant. The blade 400 is not.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:45 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Brushless Tail Conversion

As I have been talking about, I am going to do a brushless tail conversion using a 12mm inrunner to bolt into the stock tail motor position and use the stock gearing. As I decide on which motor I will try, I am wondering if there will be a point that I am putting to "quick" of a motor in there in turn overpowering the brushless main motor. Choices I am looking at are 4100kv, 8700kv and 10200kv.

What do you think? Is there a kv limit I should also take into consideration, or will the gyro take care of what ever I put in there? I am kind of lost not knowing what RPM the stock brushed tail motor turns.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:32 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
As I have been talking about, I am going to do a brushless tail conversion using a 12mm inrunner to bolt into the stock tail motor position and use the stock gearing. As I decide on which motor I will try, I am wondering if there will be a point that I am putting to "quick" of a motor in there in turn overpowering the brushless main motor. Choices I am looking at are 4100kv, 8700kv and 10200kv.

What do you think? Is there a kv limit I should also take into consideration, or will the gyro take care of what ever I put in there? I am kind of lost not knowing what RPM the stock brushed tail motor turns.
I'm running 2000kv direct, as have some others only with smaller prop.
I guess just figure out the reduction and multiply by 2000 to get an approximate of what you need.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:47 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
I'm running 2000kv direct, as have some others only with smaller prop.
I guess just figure out the reduction and multiply by 2000 to get an approximate of what you need.
OK. Stock gearing is 8/60, so that's 7.5 to 1 which would come out to 15000 making the 10200kv close to appropriate if I am figuring right.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:23 PM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
I might suggest if you have never flown a CP Heli, I would get a small trainer before you try the blade 400. That Heli is extremely light and extremely responsive. It will fly good in experienced hands, but is not a very good Heli to learn on. Most of the little minis are very crash resistant. The blade 400 is not.
I would suggest the Skyartec WASP X3 V CP heli with 3 axis gyro that I have it is amazing virtually hands free hover and the quality is hobby grade.
It will fly straight out of the box and they set them up individually at the factory and you can even download the test video for the heli you buy here is mine all the heli's are numbered mine is WHV00432 so it's number 432 made.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Last edited by Whizgig; Dec 02, 2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:48 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
I would suggest the Skyartec WASP X3 V CP heli with 3 axis gyro that I have it is amazing virtually hands free hover and the quality is hobby grade.
It will fly straight out of the box and they set them up individually at the factory and you can even download the test video for the heli you buy here is mine all the heli's are numbered mine is WHV00432 so it's number 432 made.
That video proof is way cool. Can you fly those like the F45 without all the up side down mumbo jumbo?
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:41 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
My V400 is also virtually hands free hover, but it will break on the first crash.
That's why I suggest one of the minis to help not only in hovering, but to get a grasp on orientation. I'm stuck inside due to winter weather and flying indoors is a totally different challenge than outside. I have hit the walls a few times with no damage to the Heli or the walls With the bigger guys, that would not be possible.
The Skyartec does looks like a great little outside trainer. Can you bind it to a Turnigy 9x TX. If not, any idea what the TX protocol is?
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:10 PM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
That video proof is way cool. Can you fly those like the F45 without all the up side down mumbo jumbo?
Yep they come setup for a beginner to fly and they have a programed factory reset to returns the TX it to what it was setup as, so if you dial in something wrong you can fix it.

The manual it has a full good English translation of all the TX and the heli even how to manually set the swash and the pitch etc.

They are a full 7ch CP brushless 250 class heli with full 3D and sports setup and they come with a free set of HP carbon blades for when you get more advanced with your flying.

With the 3 axis gyro it also has heading hold and can be fully adjusted to what ever setup you want with the gain control etc.
Also with the beginner setup it fly's very much like a 4ch with HH it is very responsive in the tail and swash plate and can also be flown inside as it is very stable.

For a beginner I would recommend the use of training gear for your first few flights until you get used to how the heli responds as it's allot more responsive than the standard F-45, but with that being said it's also allot more stable and forgiving.

As for crash worthiness I would say it would be the same as any other 250 class CP heli, but the parts are allot cheaper and are readily available on their web site and E-bay etc.

As for reliability etc I have had well over 100 flights with no problems or crashes the motors run lukewarm even with running the battery to empty and the Li-PO is a Li-Po not a Li-Lion.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig