SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:27 AM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
Thanks for fast answers! I just measured the voltage on the power connector of the battery and it says 8.02v. Huh.
Zarrick is offline Find More Posts by Zarrick
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:33 AM
Joined Nov 2012
70 Posts
Best U.S./Stateside dealer for F45? Most of the Asian rim online sites are estimating 12-20 day delivery windows. Too much of a uncertainty given the season,... and I thought ordering last week of Nov. would give me plenty of time. Getting two of these for the boys,... one with C4002 camera option. Trying to stay away from eBay,... tryin' to! Wanna use my PayPal balance, so that kinda takes Amazon out of it! Thanks!
Eric.Jr.Sax is offline Find More Posts by Eric.Jr.Sax
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:31 AM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric.Jr.Sax View Post
Best U.S./Stateside dealer for F45? Most of the Asian rim online sites are estimating 12-20 day delivery windows. Too much of a uncertainty given the season,... and I thought ordering last week of Nov. would give me plenty of time. Getting two of these for the boys,... one with C4002 camera option. Trying to stay away from eBay,... tryin' to! Wanna use my PayPal balance, so that kinda takes Amazon out of it! Thanks!
Techntoys.com out west, or rcroanoke.com back east.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Last edited by arrowshooter; Nov 30, 2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:48 AM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Basilio View Post
Yes, I speak of the tail motor! But not quite understand what you mean = (

Could you explain that again? If not encomodo. I'm really sorry, because I live in Brazil, and translations of Google so I can read their comments are horrible!

Thanks for the attention, even!
Try reading from here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...l#post22963340
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:00 AM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
8 Tooth Pinion

Thought I would reach out to my F45 brothers on this one.

I am going to try the brushless tail conversion using the stock mounting setup. The motor is a 4100kv inrunner that is 12mm in diameter and should bolt right in. My challenge is finding a 0.4 mod pinion that has 8 teeth and a 1.5mm hole. If anyone here has an idea I would love to hear it before I pop for a 9 tooth pinion that will take a little adjustment to the mounting location.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:01 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Techntoys.com folks are really supportive of product and respond quickly. If you are in a hurry or not in the lower 48 states, make sure you DON'T use parcel post! Might take a week or it might take a month using parcel post.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:26 PM
Joined Nov 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Thanks arrowshooter and hawaiichopper! Just pounded the PayPal button. But not on 2 F45s. After looking around on the site, walked away with one F45 and their Trex 450 Clone. Please tell me I'm not stepping in something a little on the smelly side with this decision to buy the 450 clone in place of the 2nd F45. Only because of season we're in, I've read and researched just enough about this hobby to be dangerous. Any words on what to expect from and what to prepare for on this order would be greatly appreciated. Eric, Sr.
Eric.Jr.Sax is offline Find More Posts by Eric.Jr.Sax
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Thanks arrowshooter and hawaiichopper! Just pounded the PayPal button. But not on 2 F45s. After looking around on the site, walked away with one F45 and their Trex 450 Clone. Please tell me I'm not stepping in something a little on the smelly side with this decision to buy the 450 clone in place of the 2nd F45. Only because of season we're in, I've read and researched just enough about this hobby to be dangerous. Any words on what to expect from and what to prepare for on this order would be greatly appreciated. Eric, Sr.
Unless you have been flying for while, I would leave the 450 in the box until you have mastered the F45.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:57 PM
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Debating
Quote:
Thought I would reach out to my F45 brothers on this one.

I am going to try the brushless tail conversion using the stock mounting setup. The motor is a 4100kv inrunner that is 12mm in diameter and should bolt right in. My challenge is finding a 0.4 mod pinion that has 8 teeth and a 1.5mm hole. If anyone here has an idea I would love to hear it before I pop for a 9 tooth pinion that will take a little adjustment to the mounting location.
What made you choose the 12mm inrunner instead of a 20mm? I'm still debating on the 20mm inrunner (not Park) versus an outrunner. Comments elsewhere say inrunners can run hot. Would anticipate more heat in a smaller motor?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:03 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiichopper View Post
Debating

What made you choose the 12mm inrunner instead of a 20mm? I'm still debating on the 20mm inrunner (not Park) versus an outrunner. Comments elsewhere say inrunners can run hot. Would anticipate more heat in a smaller motor?
The ease of conversion for one since it is the same size as the stock tail motor, along with trying something different than others. If this setup works with the gear reduction, it will be killer with the 5400kv inrunner main.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:08 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,780 Posts
Quote:
I got a 450V2 clone that just about the same. You need to study up on setup so you can check everything before you fly it. You may need to tame it down a bit before you try it out.
I flew mine out of the box and it was OK, but not great. If this is your first CP, it would get away from you with the out of the box setup. In my blog, I have a video that shows the difference between helis hovering. That out is there as well.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:11 PM
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
Unless you have been flying for while, I would leave the 450 in the box until you have mastered the F45.
For sure what arrowshooter said. Get a good feel for the F45. That 450 kit looks nice for a starter CP. Thought about buying it also but tried a CP and decided I'm not ready for that yet! Spazy thumbs.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:18 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiichopper View Post
For sure what arrowshooter said. Get a good feel for the F45. That 450 kit looks nice for a starter CP. Thought about buying it also but tried a CP and decided I'm not ready for that yet! Spazy thumbs.
Roger that on spazy thumbs! I have seen too many vids of those things crashing to trust my self yet.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:23 PM
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
The ease of conversion for one since it is the same size as the stock tail motor, along with trying something different than others. If this setup works with the gear reduction, it will be killer with the 5400kv inrunner main.
Oops! Missed that important word - tail. Test away and we'll steal the results! Was thinking of an elite or similar inrunner with heatsink as the Park is a bit pricey (but maybe worth it). The ADH300xl 5250 outrunner looks good too.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:45 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,534 Posts
Some Motors for the tail conversion that I've been looking at trying:
http://www.himodel.com/electric/2600...e_B2208_8.html
http://www.himodel.com/electric/9g_2...ype_A1504.html
http://www.himodel.com/electric/HiMo..._C10_2900.html
http://www.himodel.com/electric/EMAX...pe_CF2822.html

I know at least one is discontinued.... I was just searching through the site trying to find lightweight motors that might be candidates to test.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless