SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:52 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post

Hello all. I'm just checking in before I spend the weekend reading through this long thread and working on my F45. I absolutely love this thing and now have two. I'm a videographer and have been bitten by the aerial video bug. I've been working my way up to something capable of flying a gimble and a DSLR. So far I've found the f45 quite capable of flying a gopro with a little modification. This little heli has taken a beating as I learn more and more. Here's a video of my most expensive lesson to date.

http://vimeo.com/54289298

I'll be rebuilding the heli featured in that video and have ordered a second that'll use with another gopro. I'm planning on changing out the servo arm and upgrading to a 2200mah battery along with some heatsinks.

Well enough posting, I have lots of reading to attend to. Cheers.
Ouch! I nearly lost mine in a treatment plant due to wind. Do you have the stock motors?
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New Quad Design
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:55 AM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladicopter View Post
How about this as main motor for mjx f45

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Em...r-p-50622.html

Nope, as a main motor You need at least a 3500KV-4000KV one. A 24mm. wide inrunner or a 23mm. outrunner
Zarrick is offline Find More Posts by Zarrick
Last edited by Zarrick; Nov 28, 2012 at 02:37 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:39 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,663 Posts
Quote:

Hello all. I'm just checking in before I spend the weekend reading through this long thread and working on my F45. I absolutely love this thing and now have two. I'm a videographer and have been bitten by the aerial video bug. I've been working my way up to something capable of flying a gimble and a DSLR. So far I've found the f45 quite capable of flying a gopro with a little modification. This little heli has taken a beating as I learn more and more. Here's a video of my most expensive lesson to date.

I'll be rebuilding the heli featured in that video and have ordered a second that'll use with another gopro. I'm planning on changing out the servo arm and upgrading to a 2200mah battery along with some heatsinks.

Some lovely aerial footage there. Hopefully it'll bring in enough to cover the 300 bucks for a new camera. Maybe a 808 #16 with wide angle lens would be worth considering in the meantime til you have more flying experience...? Then again, if you do this professionally it probably wouldn't give you the field of vision that most of us "mere mortals" content ourselves with

As a matter of curiosity, what 2200 mAh battery are you considering?
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:47 AM
Joined Nov 2012
9 Posts
Still have the stock motors and I lucked out, the camera made it through the crash without damage. I've ordered this battery:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...w_bottom_links

Seemed like a decent deal.
Twelvizm is offline Find More Posts by Twelvizm
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:31 AM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
How about a Turnigy Nano-tech 2200mAh 7,4v for $10 from HK? That seems better for me..
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:39 AM
Joined Nov 2012
9 Posts
That does sound good. Got a link? What's HK?
Twelvizm is offline Find More Posts by Twelvizm
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:47 AM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:39 AM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
Battery charging time

Can you confirm the battery charge time.
wellhead is offline Find More Posts by wellhead
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:03 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,663 Posts
Quote:
That does sound good. Got a link? What's HK?
Just so you're aware, if you go the nano-tech route you'll have to mod the battery tray, but I don't think that'll be a problem for you. By all accounts (don't have a F45 myself yet) it's an easy mod and highly recommended. HK is Hong Kong. You'd have to wait a while for delivery, but if you're not in a hurry...
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:22 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Just so you're aware, if you go the nano-tech route you'll have to mod the battery tray, but I don't think that'll be a problem for you. By all accounts (don't have a F45 myself yet) it's an easy mod and highly recommended. HK is Hong Kong. You'd have to wait a while for delivery, but if you're not in a hurry...
HK is Hobby King which is in China just the same.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:36 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
HK is Hobby King which is in China just the same.
Oops! Geography never WAS my strong point
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:54 PM
Starting in R/C Helicopters
Brazil, MT, Juara
Joined Oct 2012
26 Posts
BThirsk, could make the change servo! I'm asking other arm, so I can make a change servo lift.

But a question, I modified my main motor to brushless, I will use the available connector on the PCB to connect the ESC that engine. However, if you change the tail motor to brushless, I have to use an ESC, correct? And where will I connect this ESC?
Junior Basilio is offline Find More Posts by Junior Basilio
Last edited by Junior Basilio; Nov 28, 2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:59 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Basilio View Post
BThirsk, could make the change servo! I'm asking other arm, so I can make a change servo lift.

But a question, I modified my main motor to brushless, I will use the available connector on the PCB to connect the ESC that engine. However, if you change the tail motor to brushless, I have to use an ESC, correct? And where will I connect this ESC?
Yes you have to use a separate ESC for the tail. You need to use a Brushed to Brushless signal converter of which you plug the current blue and white tail motor wires from the PCB then the 3 signal wires from the esc go to the other side.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:03 PM
Joined Nov 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellhead View Post
Can you confirm the battery charge time.
Its depend how much current you put in to the battery.it like filling up a tub...
If battery capacity 2000mah and current you charging 500ma it will take 4 hrs if current 200mili ampere then 10 hours...etc
Vladicopter is offline Find More Posts by Vladicopter
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:12 PM
Joined Nov 2012
51 Posts
Quote:

http://vimeo.com/54289298

Dear twelvizm.
Feel you pain it was scarry to watch your video!
Just interesting how long is your experience flying helicopters.
Honestly wind was not looking that strong i saw heli was roking few times but that was it...
Would it be possible your center of gravity was not set properly?or swashplate so you did not have enough movement of it to tilt the helicopter?
Vladicopter is offline Find More Posts by Vladicopter