Yep, 450W... but it will fit and its cheaper than the EH200
Zarrick is offline Find More Posts by Zarrick
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:25 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,434 Posts
It appears to have a thicker shaft and no built-in cooling fins like the EH200. The higher RPM might be a problem. I'm finding my tail motors have a hard enough time keeping up with the EH200 - in fact they often cannot keep up. I have to be careful not to punch it hard or I end up in precarious situations.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:28 PM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
Then any other alternatives for EH200?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This might be a little underpowered, isnt it?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00kv_11g_.html
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:01 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarrick View Post
Then any other alternatives for EH200?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This might be a little underpowered, isnt it?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00kv_11g_.html
As arrowshooter has found, the Park 370 4100kv is a good choice. The nanotech 2000mah lipo battery is popular as only minor mods are needed to the battery tray and it has the jst power plug.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:09 PM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
ugh, thats pretty expensive. Then I will rather wait for the EH200 get stocked...

How about non-stock brushed ones? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Esky-000156-...item2c65839a4e Yeah, its still not like the brushless but I heard it lasts longer than the stock one.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:13 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarrick View Post
ugh, thats pretty expensive. Then I will rather wait for the EH200 get stocked...

How about non-stock brushed ones? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Esky-000156-...item2c65839a4e Yeah, its still not like the brushless but I heard it lasts longer than the stock one.
All of these motors are pretty much the same and one will not last any longer than the other.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:22 PM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
25mm. diameter surely wont fit?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:28 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
In my experience, fly the v911 size to get used to the motions. Then go to F45 and fly it stock until you are comfortable with the way it handles. Then consider the brushless motor setup. Just my thoughts......
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:34 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladicopter View Post
Appreciate you input.
How challenging is to install brushless tail motor?
By the way saw you saying the main motor you had is too powerfull for the tail.would it help to make the tail boom shorter?
Did you try your 1500kv less powerfull motor?
The brushed tail maybe easy if your PCB and signal convertor are compatible or if you program and ESC. I would suggest starting with the EH200 main motor and progress from there. Too many changes at once and you have a far more difficult time set up properly.
Longer boom, the more mechanical advantage the tail motor produces.
The motor I tried originally for the main motor was too fast and was designed for a 450. It was just a bad choice.
No, I have not tried the 1500kv tail yet. I have only had it out side once because of stormy weather.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:36 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiichopper View Post
In my experience, fly the v911 size to get used to the motions. Then go to F45 and fly it stock until you are comfortable with the way it handles. Then consider the brushless motor setup. Just my thoughts......
+1
I had about 50 flights on mine before I went crazy. I like to get the feel of a heli before I mod it.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:03 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,434 Posts
I agree with these guys... I flew the F45 after learning on the V911 (highly recommended). It is definitely fun right out of the box. If you check out one of my first heli videos you'll see I was able to learn some fairly accurate flying from it.
MJX F45 RC Helicopter Collage of flights, views & stunts (4 min 24 sec)

As a stock helicopter, even with all the crazy things I tried, I barely crashed and I don't think I broke anything on it until I started upgrading. Even with the EH200 upgrade with stock blades and a 2s 7.4v 2000mah battery the worst I experienced was losing my tail motor and crashing on the pavement. It's only since moving to 3s battery and extreme production blades that I've started to break things regularly. Now it's notably faster, way more responsive, but with the faster head speed things break so much more easily. I think if I had started flying this brushless I would have destroyed it before I was reasonably good at flying it.

Anyway, to each their own path. I'm very grateful for the help I've had on these forums guiding me along. I'm going to try the brushless tail probably over the winter, and now I've just received my newest bird... I can't wait until my TX arrives so I can give this one a go!
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:32 PM
Joined Nov 2010
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Were is the noise coming from. It's impossible to tell form here. Guessing the TX.
Do you you have anything else running close that is 2.4ghz like a wireless router. That could be creating issues. If so, try changing the channel on the router.
The noise is from the TX. I tried turning of all wireless devices with the last PCB with no luck but i will try again. Here are some photos BTW does everything look in order?
padge993 is offline Find More Posts by padge993
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:36 PM
Joined Nov 2010
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
I noticed that you have the heli on then the TX turn on the Tx first then the heli then move the stick up and then down, as for the beeb it seems its comming from the TX not the heli so check that you have pluged in all of the cables correctly on the PCB with the right polarity as it seems to me that it is a warning that something is wrong.

Also reset the TX to factory settings and check you are in the right Mode.
Thanks. Yes i have tried all that.
padge993 is offline Find More Posts by padge993
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:07 PM
Starting in R/C Helicopters
Brazil, MT, Juara
Joined Oct 2012
26 Posts
Well, I bought the EH200 for Brushless make the change, along with a battery 3S 1500mha for the main engine, and another 2S 500mha for PCB / Motor Tail ..

Recommend any changes to the propellers of the helicopter?

------

If anyone can help me, I would like to know more about modifying the servo.

Do not quite understand, I've read up to page 30 of the topic, and I'm progressing, just missing 271 = (

If anyone can help me, thank you very much!

Should I cut it? Move it? What to do?

A change in Swahplate, what do you think?
Which switch?
Junior Basilio is offline Find More Posts by Junior Basilio
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:46 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Basilio View Post
Well, I bought the EH200 for Brushless make the change, along with a battery 3S 1500mha for the main engine, and another 2S 500mha for PCB / Motor Tail ..

Recommend any changes to the propellers of the helicopter?

------

If anyone can help me, I would like to know more about modifying the servo.

Do not quite understand, I've read up to page 30 of the topic, and I'm progressing, just missing 271 = (

If anyone can help me, thank you very much!

Should I cut it? Move it? What to do?

A change in Swahplate, what do you think?
Which switch?
Yes, you need to get some different Main blades. I use the extreme 10 degree fiber/plastic blades. I think some of the guys tried a honey blade, but I have not. Stock blades have too much pitch and are too flexible for this combination.