HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:05 AM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Zarrick's Avatar
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
That link you posted, it says "(For old F45)" sooooo... maybe the new (latest selling ones) F-45 is sold completely with brushless motor? :-O
Zarrick is offline Find More Posts by Zarrick
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:19 AM
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladicopter View Post
Can you not fit 3d gyro on mjx f45 ?
A 3D gyro controls pitch, roll and yaw and replaces the flybar function on a flybarless heli. A 3 axis gyro has been used on several Walkera flybar helis in the past, with poor results as the gyro would fight with the flybar. This was especially true with the 45° offset flybar, as the phasing is completely out-of-synch. The way you got these helis to fly decently was to defeat the gyro, by dialing the pitch and roll functions out. Finding the parts that would work for such a conversion would be a trick. I've heard of people flying the UFlyS with the flybar removed, which is the only head I could think of that would work. Of course you would need the UFlyS receiver board and TX.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; Nov 26, 2012 at 10:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:40 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Basilio View Post

I tried to remove it but can not remove the pin that holds the part that holds the blades and etc. .. Any tips? I'm desperate about it!
You need to get a "drift" about the same size as the pin and drive it out with a hammer.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:56 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
The only concern I have with these conversion kits is whether the main motor FET is up to the task of driving the ESC.

http://www.topstoys.com/new-free-shi...58843599392b1c
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:30 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Basilio View Post
Well, I think I'll stick with the Basic 18A ..

About the engine, so that the dimensions are the same, I think it will fit normally, but would require further modifications. As my arrived within a week, I think I'll take the EH200 even, unhurried arrived. Unless recommend another engine! Take a look at this link:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...688989279.html

Here they sell conversion with all necessary modifications. I do not know if it's good! What do you think?





Another thing, yesterday to make my first flight with the MJX F45, I broke the landing gear and stabilizer bar was bent.

I tried to remove it but can not remove the pin that holds the part that holds the blades and etc. .. Any tips? I'm desperate about it!
That link says for old f45 !!! Which one is old which one is new?.??and what is the difference???never knew there is 2 of them.
Vladicopter is offline Find More Posts by Vladicopter
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:37 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
A 3D gyro controls pitch, roll and yaw and replaces the flybar function on a flybarless heli. A 3 axis gyro has been used on several Walkera flybar helis in the past, with poor results as the gyro would fight with the flybar. This was especially true with the 45° offset flybar, as the phasing is completely out-of-synch. The way you got these helis to fly decently was to defeat the gyro, by dialing the pitch and roll functions out. Finding the parts that would work for such a conversion would be a trick. I've heard of people flying the UFlyS with the flybar removed, which is the only head I could think of that would work. Of course you would need the UFlyS receiver board and TX.

Dont know what is uflys receiver.i have ordered f45 with flysky 9x aka turnigy 9x transmitter with whatever receiver it comes with. Would be any good?
Vladicopter is offline Find More Posts by Vladicopter
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:44 AM
Starting in R/C Helicopters
Brazil, MT, Juara
Joined Oct 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarrick View Post
That link you posted, it says "(For old F45)" sooooo... maybe the new (latest selling ones) F-45 is sold completely with brushless motor? :-O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladicopter View Post
That link says for old f45 !!! Which one is old which one is new?.??and what is the difference???never knew there is 2 of them.
I also saw it at the time I bought, but apparently, there is no difference. What changes is the PCB and the controller.

To give you an idea, I bought my F45 in the month of October. To be more exact, on 17/10, he arrived on 23/11 here in Brazil.

I saw that to see if your model is new, or old, just look at the controller. If the patch is the part where the camera button is gray, it's old, if red is the new. My bought one month, and the controller is gray with patches, then the old, but it changes nothing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just adding, I just buy the items to replace the pro brushless motor at site www.hobbyking.com

For everything, I paid around 47 USD, here's the link of the items I bought, besides these there is one more pin 11T. Also acquire some extra adapters.


http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=2168 - ESC
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=21340 - Motor Li-Po
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=21329 - PCB/Tail Motor Li-Po
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=11881 - EH200 Motor
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=11198 - Pinion Gear 10T
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=11199 - Pinion Gear 11T

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a good buy? Most items bought by indication and by the use of BThirsk. What did you think? There is still time to change! If you have any tips, I'm anxious!

Another thing to remove the support bar, I use a pin and a hammer without problems? I'm afraid to break!

It seems to me very difficult to remove that pin that holds it.
Junior Basilio is offline Find More Posts by Junior Basilio
Last edited by Junior Basilio; Nov 26, 2012 at 11:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:51 AM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Zarrick's Avatar
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
Meh, and I thought the new F45 = AC

Anyway, I just verified that the 23mm. motors will fit well and +/- 2000KV will be enough too. Lets go shopping!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will use only the main battery, ESC and motor.

Motor - Im choosing between
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...cro_Motor.html
and
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_2050kv.html

ESC - something tiny, probably this one
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html

Battery - probably this one, later will try some low-cost from ebay
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
Zarrick is offline Find More Posts by Zarrick
Last edited by Zarrick; Nov 26, 2012 at 12:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:39 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Basilio View Post
Another thing to remove the support bar, I use a pin and a hammer without problems? I'm afraid to break!

It seems to me very difficult to remove that pin that holds it.[/B]
It will not break. Just place the flybar/pin over something solid that has enough space for the pin to go through and give it a few firm taps. It will come out.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:43 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarrick View Post
Meh, and I thought the new F45 = AC

Anyway, I just verified that the 23mm. motors will fit well and +/- 2000KV will be enough too. Lets go shopping!
Make sure that you have appropriate pinion gears to fit the shaft of the motor you purchase.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:49 PM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladicopter View Post
Dont know what is uflys receiver.i have ordered f45 with flysky 9x aka turnigy 9x transmitter with whatever receiver it comes with. Would be any good?
All in one flybarless receivers won't work properly as Balr14 indicated and the cost is more than the F45 is worth.
The 9x will not bind with the stock receiver. If you wanted to use it, you would need to get ride of the stock PCB and use the reciever for the 9x or a compatible. I use a Flysky 6 channel only because I had one and did not want to waste the 9x receiver.
You would need some kind of gyro as well. I used a HK401B, again because I had one. The HK250 would be a better choice, but would probably need firmware change. The 401 requires some tricky TX programing to get it to work properly.
This is what I did.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Last edited by BThirsk; Nov 26, 2012 at 01:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:50 PM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Zarrick's Avatar
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Make sure that you have appropriate pinion gears to fit the shaft of the motor you purchase.
I will. Im only wondering about those motors I posted a few posts before - as the AX and C20 have in the specifications something about voltage. And both of them are over 10V (AX 11,5V, C20 10,5V). What does those voltages mean? Do I need any convertor (or whatever is it named) as the battery is 7,4V?

----------------------------

Ohkay, so I need motor with at least 3500rpm...
Zarrick is offline Find More Posts by Zarrick
Last edited by Zarrick; Nov 26, 2012 at 01:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:11 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
All in one flybarless receivers won't work properly as Balr14 indicated and the cost is more than the F45 is worth.
The 9x will not bind with the stock receiver. If you wanted to use it, you would need to get ride of the stock PCB and use the reciever for the 9x or a compatible. I use a Flysky 6 channel only because I had one and did not want to waste the 9x receiver.
You would need some kind of gyro as well. I used a HK401B, again because I had one. The HK250 would be a better choice, but would probably need firmware change. The 401 requires some tricky TX programing to get it to work properly.
This is what I did.


Appreciate you input.
How challenging is to install brushless tail motor?
By the way saw you saying the main motor you had is too powerfull for the tail.would it help to make the tail boom shorter?
Did you try your 1500kv less powerfull motor?
Vladicopter is offline Find More Posts by Vladicopter
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:16 PM
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladicopter View Post
Dont know what is uflys receiver.i have ordered f45 with flysky 9x aka turnigy 9x transmitter with whatever receiver it comes with. Would be any good?
To add to what BThirsk said, the UFly parts I mentioned are in reference to the Walkera UFlyS heli, which is obsolete. But, the rotor head 3 axis gyro/receiver and compatible transmitter would cost over $100 and still leave you with dealing with the motors. It has a brushless main motor and no shaft drive tail (no tail motor). If you want a flybarless FP heli, with 3 axis gyro, your options are Blade MSR, Walkera Genuis FP or V200D01. The V200D01 is closer to the size of the F45, but I believe it is also obsolete. The hobby manufacturers seem to have abandoned the FP market except for a few micro models.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:46 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarrick View Post
I will. Im only wondering about those motors I posted a few posts before - as the AX and C20 have in the specifications something about voltage. And both of them are over 10V (AX 11,5V, C20 10,5V). What does those voltages mean? Do I need any convertor (or whatever is it named) as the battery is 7,4V?

----------------------------

Ohkay, so I need motor with at least 3500rpm...
You will need to convert to a 3S (11.1v) battery for those motors.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion On self stabilising single-rotor helis (FP/CP) and comparison to quadcopters and coax LMF5000 Electric Heli Talk 10 Apr 13, 2014 02:59 PM
Discussion UAV systems Single Rotor vs Multi Rotor iskoos UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 2 Jan 06, 2012 10:51 PM
Question Upgrading from Co-Axial to FP Single Rotor Judo JoNny Electric Heli Talk 57 Sep 20, 2010 12:10 PM
Discussion Best FP single rotor 4 CH Heli? helinewbie617 Micro Helis 76 Oct 31, 2009 07:16 PM
For Sale will trade my orbiter coaxial for a fp or cp single rotor heli micro heli Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Sep 05, 2007 01:36 PM