HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2012, 04:03 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
If you raise the voltage, you require more amps.
If you input 10 amps at 7.4, your output will be 6 amps at 11.1

Double horse 9053 blades will fit with no modification. They are the same length and profile. They are a little stiffer and about 3/8" wider near the mounting end and the same at the tip.
They would give more lift at lower speed, but the reduced blade speed would reduce lower end throttle response and agility.
The dihedral would be increased by lower blade speed causing slower elv and ail response, but would increase stability to some extent.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2012, 06:53 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Well the board won't allow that amount of ampage or voltage with its onboard esc etc, you would have to rewire the board out to an external esc etc and buy the time you had gone to that amount of trouble and expence you might as well buy another helicopter kit and make it to the specs that you want.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:34 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
I had my first couple of flights last night. Wind 10-15km.
I left the settings at 90% for Elevator and aileron and throttle at 50%.
It handle the breeze quite nicely. Needed a little more throttle.
The response is very good. A little spongy at low blade speed, but fine under power.

When I looked at the aileron servo link, it actually matches the elevator. The Elevator servo arm is just cut off to fit in the frame.

I asked the people I got my F45 from about parts. Their reply.
Quote:
SHANTOU FIRECABBAGE TOY INDUSTRIAL CO.,LTD.
Vince Cai: Dear,
please let me know that which part do you want??
i can get it from factory.ok?
many thanks
Vince
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Last edited by BThirsk; Mar 15, 2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:52 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,628 Posts
Hey Gordonzo any chance of posting a vid abt this bird please. I think I am buying it in 3 weeks time as summer is approaching here and my v911s are too small to have fun watching them fly in the long distances outside IMO. I think this is the best buy in it s category.
markkona is online now Find More Posts by markkona
Old Mar 19, 2012, 01:10 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Here is some video of my F45's first outdoor flight in a large field. Up until this, I had only hovered in my living room and flown carefully around my driveway and front yard.
MJXF45-mar16-12.wmv (3 min 40 sec)
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Mar 19, 2012, 03:55 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
nice it seams to handel the wind fine and looks to have alot of power, nice flying
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:25 AM
New to hobby
Czech Republic, Central Bohemia, Tınec nad Labem
Joined Mar 2012
22 Posts
Nice video gordonzo, it flies pretty well. This is exactly what I am expecting from it. You mentioned that it is quiet heavy and needs a lot of power to get the nose up again. What can you do to prevent the heli from crashing like this? Or would a stronger motor be the solution? (I'm just looking for a reason to upgrade the motor hih )
Gorduza is offline Find More Posts by Gorduza
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:58 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Soo close to buying one but waiting for Whizgig's comparision with the double horse choppers
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Mar 19, 2012, 05:17 AM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,628 Posts
Thanks mate that vid just convinced me hehe.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 05:46 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Mine got sent today from China by EMS should be here within 3-15 days I orderd a Red one withe the camers as well for AUD $128.00 including shipping from here:

MJX-F45
Old Mar 19, 2012, 05:57 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Mine got sent today from China by EMS should be here within 3-15 days I orderd a Red one withe the camers as well for AUD $128.00 including shipping from here:

MJX-F45
Were you able to use paypal on that site? I got to the buy now screen (just to see ) but can't see payment methods until I sign up.
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:43 AM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,628 Posts
Quote:

MJX-F45

How much does the camera cost?? To Malta it costs 120usd incl shipping but without the onboard cam.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:30 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
nice it seams to handel the wind fine and looks to have alot of power, nice flying
Flying into the wind you have to be extra careful to keep the nose up as you can see by my, um, unscheduled landing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorduza View Post
Nice video gordonzo, it flies pretty well. This is exactly what I am expecting from it. You mentioned that it is quiet heavy and needs a lot of power to get the nose up again. What can you do to prevent the heli from crashing like this? Or would a stronger motor be the solution? (I'm just looking for a reason to upgrade the motor hih )
The battery is a 7.4V 1500mah Li-ion which weighs 94gr and has only about 12c discharge. When you give the F45 full throttle and full fwd elevator, it accelerates pretty quickly as you can see in the video, but there isn't enough oomph to keep the nose up for very long. If you accelerate a bit more slowly it is fine.

To avoid the crash that I had, I have learned to fast accelerate for a few seconds and then let up on the elevator while keeping throttle on full so the nose comes back up. The fwd momentum will keep it moving and you can then control the throttle and elevator to maintain fwd speed. Or you can just accelerate a bit slower.

The F45 maintains a lot of momentum, which, if space is limited, needs to be countered with a touch of opposite stick. You can accelerate fff and then pull back on the elevator stick and it comes back to hover pretty quick. Very stable that way.

I have flown a few times now in that open field and that is where the F45 is in its 'happy place' and so am I.

I tried a 7.4V 1500mah 15c Li-Po (weighs only 54gr) in it and the power was better but flight times a bit shorter. I am considering this battery which should provide a bit more punch, but may need some tray mods to fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
How much does the camera cost?? To Malta it costs 120usd incl shipping but without the onboard cam.
My cost for the camera was about $30 as part of an order with the helis. It has only picture, no sound. I will put some cam vids up soon. I would say picture quality is similar to the 808 keychain cams.

For just over a hundred bucks imo this is a great buy. We have had some some pretty good crashes and only broke 1 skid tip and dented the tail boom so far. This is over soft ground of course.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:13 PM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
Were you able to use paypal on that site? I got to the buy now screen (just to see ) but can't see payment methods until I sign up.
No they don't take Paypal I used my Visa card but you can use credit card or bank deposit as well.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:23 PM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
The US $128.00 was with the camera US $94.74 + US $34.03 shipping or without the camera US $74.74

For you with camera to Malta US $140.63

MJX-F45 With Camera