SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:00 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
He is not using the BEC to supply power to the PCB, having left the original battery leads in place.
OK, I got it. Just got confused by the drawing. That's the same way we had it.
We just left the 3wires hooked to the servo plug because it did not really matter if they were hooked up or not as it still supplies the same 5 volts at the servo plug. If the ESC supplied higher voltage, it would be a problem so it is probably a best practice to remove the power wire to the servo plug.
BThirsk is online now Find More Posts by BThirsk
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:20 AM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
Hi there, I'm considering buying myself (yeah, forever alone ) this beauty for christmas. Is it easy for a beginner without any flying experiences? I mean not like totally easy like a little S107 or something, but also not as hard as a custom built T-Rex. I'm choosing between T-23 (60€), Syma S929 (20€) or this beauty for something about 70€
Zarrick is offline Find More Posts by Zarrick
Last edited by Zarrick; Nov 24, 2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:41 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarrick View Post
Hi there, I'm considering buying myself (yeah, forever alone ) this beauty for christmas. Is it easy for a beginner without any flying experiences? I'm choosing between T-23 (60€), Syma S929 (20€) or this beauty for something about 70€
Yes it is IMHO stay away from 3 ch helicopters and start the proper way with a 4ch then you don't have to relearn how to fly again when you get a 4ch plus a 4ch heli is better for a learner as you have control over all the axis of pitch,colective,aileron and rudder.

With a 3ch your sticks are in Mode 1 R=Colective L=forward,Back and Rudder.
On a 4 ch your sticks are in Mode 2 R=Colective and Rudder L=Pitch and Aileron this is what is best to learn as this is what is required to fly a 6ch cp class heli.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:50 AM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
Well, I think I'm not going to buy another heli after this one. A better one. A more expensive one. I dont think it will grab me, I just want to try it and try it the right way
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:00 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,828 Posts
Quote:
Well, I think I'm not going to buy another heli after this one. A better one. A more expensive one. I dont think it will grab me, I just want to try it and try it the right way
wait and see young man, wait and see. I wonder how many other people thought this before they bought their first heli...
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:43 AM
Joined Oct 2012
886 Posts
Quote:
If you have zero heli experience, go for a v911. You can fly it indoors and outdoors, its fast, cheap and very tough.

If you go straight to the F45, you will have to fly outdoors and with no wind. While its very tough, the bigger the heli, the bigger the potential crash.

Here is my review on Amazon, with my experience as a beginner, see the review by "Lentar":

http://www.amazon.com/F645-2-4GHZ-La...owViewpoints=1

I also have to tell you that the v911 is a really good heli, but a F45 flying is a majestic sight, both for the pilot as well as onlookers
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:02 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,535 Posts
Quote:
I think the F45 is excellent for beginners, but I do agree with Lentar, the v911 was an amazing trainer indoor and out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
wait and see young man, wait and see. I wonder how many other people thought this before they bought their first heli...
. I could not have imagined that an s107 for Christmas would lead to a fleet of dozens by summer.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:05 AM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
Then I would rather go for the S929 what I can have for a really funny price. Gosh. I dont know. How is the flying in winter? Is it possible? If not, then buying the F-45 will be pretty useless right now...
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:23 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,828 Posts
alternative to Turnigy 2000 mAh battery

Just wondering if anyone has tried this battery out? Gotta put the original link in cos I don't know how to turn "this battery" into a hyperlink
http://www.ebay.de/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....tegoryId=23639
If it's any good it would save having to mess with the battery holder, but I can't find if anyone has given it a go yet.

Greetz
Tigg
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:44 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Then I would rather go for the S929 what I can have for a really funny price. Gosh. I dont know. How is the flying in winter? Is it possible? If not, then buying the F-45 will be pretty useless right now...
When it's -10C or above and not windy you can fly just fine. If the wind is up at that temp, your fingers will go numb and the battery voltage starts to drop fast.
We had a pretty mild winter last year and I some times would get 7 or 8 flights in on week ends with a 9116 and the F45
BThirsk is online now Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:05 PM
Starting in R/C Helicopters
Brazil, MT, Juara
Joined Oct 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
As Rexless said, it won't fit and will be too heavy and is not required. Go to my blog by clicking on my name. At the bottom in the MJX section, there is a vidio shown the setup and the binding procedure with the 2 batteries. That should explain it all. It's really very simple.
As for the EH200, just order one and they will backorder and ship when it arrives.
Thanks for the reply BThirsk! Good, but recommends you use the same EH200? Or has some other engine?

I was thinking, I'll use the ESC for the main motor, should be 20A? 25A? Or more?

I do not understand much, I'm starting now following RC helicopters, and in every area of aeromodelling.

I saw on your blog that you changed the Gyro, in case I do not quite understand how to do these modifications. You could not help me? I know it is very annoying all the time so someone asking, and asking for help, but I really want to make it a good heli to play with the wind.

Another thing I realized, when standing, it is not unstable, and goes to the left side. Is it normal?

Zippy thinks better batteries than Turnig, or no difference?

The PCB has as I change, and is recommended, or is prefirivel leave the original?

I would ask, if possible, some instrulçoes of modifications to make the battery connection to the PCB, and the adapters I need, and modifications to connect the battery to the main engine, because from what I see, is differently correct? I'm actually with many doubts.
Junior Basilio is offline Find More Posts by Junior Basilio
Last edited by Junior Basilio; Nov 24, 2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:15 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,535 Posts
Quote:
I've had my f45 out in -10c weather no problem. My dh9116's will only fly a few seconds. My V929 flew about 5 minutes but was noticeably less stable. The v911 was fairly normal.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:37 PM
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
Slovakia, Veľké Kapušany
Joined Nov 2012
95 Posts
Just bought the MJX F-45 for something about 80€. Looks like I will remain on this forum for a while
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:16 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
When it's -10C or above and not windy you can fly just fine. If the wind is up at that temp, your fingers will go numb and the battery voltage starts to drop fast.
We had a pretty mild winter last year and I some times would get 7 or 8 flights in on week ends with a 9116 and the F45
As a beginner, you should consider that a crash in minus temperature especially on ice will be a lot more costly than on grass in summer temperature when the plastics parts are flexible. Be careful of the snow too, control board can be ruined by melting snow, all not so good souvenirs of last winter...

The V911 is a great winter indoor helicopter for a beginner, especially if you fix the servo linkages to the inside hole.
fauconnier is online now Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:45 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Just wondering if anyone has tried this battery out? Gotta put the original link in cos I don't know how to turn "this battery" into a hyperlink
http://www.ebay.de/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....tegoryId=23639
If it's any good it would save having to mess with the battery holder, but I can't find if anyone has given it a go yet.

Greetz
Tigg
That appears to be a 2000mah li-ion battery. Will be heavier than stock li-ion and probably not provide any real performance increase. C rating is probably about the same as stock and you still should keep flight time to around 7 minutes to protect stock motors even if battery lasts longer. I just got 2 more nanotech 2000mah li-poly batteries from Hobby King. Modification to battery tray takes about 15 minutes including adding about 40 mm to each power wire coming from the PCB. Nanotechs help response throughout the flight time.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper