HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:31 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiichopper View Post
Saw that in their 2013 catalog. Looks nice, but was hoping for something just a bit smaller. However......I'll probably buy it anyway! Addicting, addicting, addicting.
They always measure with blades extended. I'm pretty sure it'll come in at ~15 inch actual size. Looks like they are trying to take over the similarly sized DH-9116 market. They will probably succeed.

For reference - F45 lists as 70 cm or 28 inch, but is 21 inch actual.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:29 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiichopper View Post
Saw that in their 2013 catalog. Looks nice, but was hoping for something just a bit smaller. However......I'll probably buy it anyway! Addicting, addicting, addicting.
Talking about addiction, I just bought the F47 from Banggood . I have a fleet of V911 but can't resist to give a try to may be another great MJX product.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:16 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
Talking about addiction, I just bought the F47 from Banggood . I have a fleet of V911 but can't resist to give a try to may be another great MJX product.
I just bought a Walkera SuperFP. I'm not sure why as it's the same size and chassis as my MiniCP, but I guess I though it would be a different experience.
We should buy one of everything.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:58 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,522 Posts
Heh... Brent. Weren't you just saying you wish you had multiple F45's

Here's the latest video... most of it was from Today.
MacArthur Island Park and Juniper Ridge (10 min 20 sec)

I tried putting a camera on a post to compliment the one on the heli this morning, but the sony cam just looks like crap compared to the keychain cameras. Unfortunately my 808#16 seems to be malfunctioning so I couldn't use that.
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:20 PM
Head in the clouds
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
They always measure with blades extended. I'm pretty sure it'll come in at ~15 inch actual size. Looks like they are trying to take over the similarly sized DH-9116 market. They will probably succeed.

For reference - F45 lists as 70 cm or 28 inch, but is 21 inch actual.

regards . . . g
That's correct, if the F46 was actually 51cm long (in terms of JUST the fuselage) then it would be the exact same size as the F45. Just measured mine, and it comes in at approx 52cm. Which had me confused for ages, as when I was looking at CP helis, the 450 size was advertised as 70cm long... But I know that 450s are bigger as I've seen the F45 next to one
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:43 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Noticed that sizing situation when I got my pair of F45s. Manufacturers measure the longest possible distance for sure. I was thinking of about 16 inches (40 cm) tip of rotor blade to tip of tail blade. Solo Pro 228 fits the scale nicely and wife said it's an early Christmas present! Hooray! Had a DH 9116 but never got it to trim correctly. Now if I can talk her into a nice 450..... not happening.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:25 AM
Malaysia
Joined Nov 2012
221 Posts
Quote:
MJX will release latest model called MJX-F48, this is first FlyBarLess product from MJX.

Here is the link: http://www.mjxtoys.com/products_heli...C%20HELICOPTER

I like MJX i-Heli, it's easy control and stable...
nelsonlee is offline Find More Posts by nelsonlee
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:11 AM
Joined Oct 2012
872 Posts
Quote:
Same price as v911, I think it could be a potential v911 killer with its larger capacity battery and better looking remote. Have my eye on it, but put off by long shipping times, I'll wait till it becomes available on Amazon/eBay. Hope yours arrives soon, and eagerly awaiting your review. Even more interesting is the F48, same size but FBL. And then there is the v912, FBL CP at $110......choices, choices! Its going to be an interesting holiday season.....
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Last edited by Lentar; Nov 21, 2012 at 04:38 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:22 AM
Head in the clouds
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
Same price as v911, I think it could be a potential v911 killer with its larger capacity battery and better looking remote. Have my eye on it, but put off by long shipping times, I'll wait till it becomes available on Amazon/eBay. hope you get it soon, and eagerly awaiting your review.
Except the V911 is able to be bound to the Turnigy 9X radio, which makes it a good BNF option
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:15 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
Same price as v911, I think it could be a potential v911 killer with its larger capacity battery and better looking remote. Have my eye on it, but put off by long shipping times, I'll wait till it becomes available on Amazon/eBay. Hope yours arrives soon, and eagerly awaiting your review. Even more interesting is the F48, same size but FBL. And then there is the v912, FBL CP at $110......choices, choices! Its going to be an interesting holiday season.....
hmmm, just had a look, and Banggood are selling the RTF V911 for 40 USD. The F47 is coming in at 50 USD. OK 10 bucks isn't the world, but it's still 25% more than the V911. Who knows, maybe the price will come down
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:22 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonlee View Post
MJX will release latest model called MJX-F48, this is first FlyBarLess product from MJX.

Where did you get the MJX i-heli??
markkona is online now Find More Posts by markkona
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:58 AM
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
hmmm, just had a look, and Banggood are selling the RTF V911 for 40 USD. The F47 is coming in at 50 USD. OK 10 bucks isn't the world, but it's still 25% more than the V911. Who knows, maybe the price will come down
From what I see, double Mah battery, real servo, should fly faster and more steady, solid frame, new transmitter will probably work with my F45 and will offer more possibility. Doesn't that worth $10 ???
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:03 AM
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonlee View Post

I hope buying a F47 doesn't disqualify me from buying a F48 ! As BThirsk said, we should have one of each !
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:21 AM
Malaysia
Joined Nov 2012
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
Where did you get the MJX i-heli??

MJX-F48 not yet officially launch, Currently promote for new MJX F47.

I always buy from BangGood....

click on here direct to MJX-F47 link: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Mj...080763201209MY

BangGood very good service, but the shipping a pit slow.....If you need it faster shipment, you can paid extra for EMS/DHL.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:26 AM
Malaysia
Joined Nov 2012
221 Posts
Quote:
I hope buying a F47 doesn't disqualify me from buying a F48 ! As BThirsk said, we should have one of each !

What i can said is MJX product so far am very happy with that, I have buy MJX-F45 and this heli very strong structure body.....i did fall down around 15ft and nothing lose even the servo working very well.

I also just ordered one MJX-F47 from BangGood and waiting for their shipping it to me.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Mj...080763201209MY