HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:15 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Oh, don't think I don't have my out out for one of the 5000 EH200's. I have been on AEO's website, but can't pull out any retailers of their products. They appear to have an online ordering system, but I could not specify the 5000. I also left them a comment, but have not seen a reply. If I can actually pull off the dual flight, without killing my birds or myself, I will figure out a way to video it for sure.
Ok, see, you have to video that either way. Now I don't want you getting hurt and trust you'll be as careful as possible so no excuses!

I've ordered from AEO. Their pricing is terrible unless you buy in significant quantities. I had to buy 3x of each item just to get a somewhat reasonable rate. Things didn't go perfectly but in all fairness they sent their stuff out as promised. The only thing is their instructions were wrong and I had a lot of grief trying to program their ESC. That said, the AEO ESC works perfectly now. I had ordered a couple of turnigys when I got frustrated with the AEO's but I haven't even touched the turnigys yet so I can't say which one is better. If there were enough parties interested I'd consider ordering a few to split out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiichopper View Post
I second the video! That will be a real treat. I have enough on my hands tending to one bird.
Regarding the 2200mah lipo that's the same size as the stock battery, the first test was interesting. It is indeed a li-polymer battery. However, throttle response was very poor. The battery dropped voltage quickly as shown by on-board meter. It became extremely hot after 4 minutes and critical voltage was reached. For comparison, after the motors cooled completely, I ran the chopper with the nanotech 2000mah. It showed the usual quick throttle response and ran well for the normal 8 minutes at which point I stopped. The voltage was still 7.5. Battery not even warm. Will test a couple more times, but so far not impressed. May be a bad battery or possibly it just can't handle the amp load.
Your results would seem to make sense. The nano-tech seems exceptional for size and performance combined and it's already bigger than the stock battery at 2000mah 7.4v. To get the small size they probably had to sacrifice whatever it is that makes it possible to have a high current rating. I've had pretty good luck so far. I've ordered from a few unknown brands and the only batteries that failed completely were the walkeras I ordered for my chinooks. I thought I was ripped off when a 900mah 11.1v I ordered over 2 months ago (ebay) never arrived. I was about to get a refund when it finally showed up today. I immediately threw it on the charger and noticed one cell was jumping around like crazy so I thought it was a junk. I let it charge until I got an error on it, then let it sit for awhile. When I went back and reconnected it to the charger, the cells had balanced out and it charged fully. I connected it to the F45 and did a low-stress test. I fired it up at about 30% throttle (with weights to keep the heli from moving) and jigged the remote so the tail would stop. I let it run for about 8 minutes. When I hooked it back to the charger the voltage was good and it has since finished charging right up to 4.20 on each cell. In the test I ramped up the rotors to max for awhile and it didn't get significantly hot and there was reasonable power. It's quite a small battery compared to the 1000mah I have. Anyway, I think it's actually too small for my F45 so I might use it for lights on a heli pad or something.
We are all so damned addicted to this!
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:26 AM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
So I found this motor on Hobby King:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_5000kv.html

Then I found the specs on this site:

http://translate.google.com/translat...=0CEAQ7gEwATgK
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:40 AM
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,449 Posts
That's very similar. I think the EH200 version should have the fins for cooling. The price is amazing. I wonder what the heat would be like without the cooling fins. Mine doesn't get very hot usually even when I'm pushing it hard. Nice find!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:40 AM
gold coast
Joined Jan 2010
135 Posts
So I took my f45 for its maiden in 30-35km winds, went well with no crashes, great to be flying a bigger heli again, now tonight I start the mods..
fantomphish is offline Find More Posts by fantomphish
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:47 AM
Joined Oct 2012
224 Posts
replace eh 200
fantasy1988 is offline Find More Posts by fantasy1988
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:29 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Oh, don't think I don't have my out out for one of the 5000 EH200's. I have been on AEO's website, but can't pull out any retailers of their products. They appear to have an online ordering system, but I could not specify the 5000. I also left them a comment, but have not seen a reply.

If I can actually pull off the dual flight, without killing my birds or myself, I will figure out a way to video it for sure.
I personally don't think the EH200 5000kv would be a good choice. It would be running a too low speed for the torque required and I am sure would get hot. Earlier, I tried a 5100 that was far more powerful and the stock tail would not handle the blade torque. Good luck on the dual flight.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:29 AM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I personally don't think the EH200 5000kv would be a good choice. It would be running a too low speed for the torque required and I am sure would get hot. Earlier, I tried a 5100 that was far more powerful and the stock tail would not handle the blade torque.
LOL, you know I have to try it. I seem to be able to handle the 5400 inrunner pretty well, but if I punch it off the ground, or from a hover, the tail will come around about 1 1/2 turns before it catches up. BTW I do have my speed controlers set to normal.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:12 AM
Joined Oct 2012
802 Posts
Quote:
So I found this motor on Hobby King:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_5000kv.html

Then I found the specs on this site:

http://translate.google.com/translat...=0CEAQ7gEwATgK
I think this is the same motor as this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AEO-4900KV-O...item19d12c314a

The shaft diameter is 2.3mm, and not 3mm as in the listing.
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:52 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
LOL, you know I have to try it. I seem to be able to handle the 5400 inrunner pretty well, but if I punch it off the ground, or from a hover, the tail will come around about 1 1/2 turns before it catches up. BTW I do have my speed controlers set to normal.
Yes, start up really doesm't matter on this heli.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:27 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
rexless,
I checked the cell balance on the 2200 "no name" lipo and all seemed good after the initial charging. Recharged it last night after a 4 hour cool down (though it had cooled to room temp after 1 hour). Shows the proper voltages and balance. Repeat flight showed same response. I'm thinking its discharge rate is too low to keep up with the motors (stock). Just ordered two more nanotech 2000's from HK. They function well with the stock motors and should do fine with the brushless (when I wear the stockers out). Addicting for sure - only been at this three months and I'm totally hooked! Sure wish MJX would make a bird that's about 40 cm long. Nice in-between size from V911 to F45.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:40 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
rexless,
I checked the cell balance on the 2200 "no name" lipo and all seemed good after the initial charging. Recharged it last night after a 4 hour cool down (though it had cooled to room temp after 1 hour). Shows the proper voltages and balance. Repeat flight showed same response. I'm thinking its discharge rate is too low to keep up with the motors (stock). Just ordered two more nanotech 2000's from HK. They function well with the stock motors and should do fine with the brushless (when I wear the stockers out). Addicting for sure - only been at this three months and I'm totally hooked! Sure wish MJX would make a bird that's about 40 cm long. Nice in-between size from V911 to F45.
Not on the market just yet but here you go.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
BTW, a picture of the 2200 "no name" battery can be found by searching for "f45 2200 upgrade battery". I can't seem to paste a link.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:45 PM
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post

regards . . . g
Saw that in their 2013 catalog. Looks nice, but was hoping for something just a bit smaller. However......I'll probably buy it anyway! Addicting, addicting, addicting.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:06 PM
United States, IL, Somonauk
Joined Nov 2012
7 Posts
Howdy all

Just joined , nice forum! Been flying nitros and decided to get into electrics. Just bought a MJX-F45, great flying machine! Much appreciated on the mod tips in here!
Ridinspurs is offline Find More Posts by Ridinspurs
Last edited by Ridinspurs; Nov 20, 2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:06 PM
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,449 Posts
Quote:
rexless,
Sounds about right. I wonder if that 2200mah would be too much voltage for the tx. I guess probably since it's only 4 AA batteries.

I find it interesting how well the brushless F45 handles in cold weather where my 9116's won't fly for more than 3m before they drop to the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
regards . . . g
I'm interested in the flybarless F48. It's a bit small for my liking as I've come to appreciate the F45's size.
RCG Plus Member