HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:08 PM
Joined Oct 2012
115 Posts
can help me find a replacement motor motor equivalent to E 200

I want to upgrade the main motor for f 45

can use this motor replaced, by wrapping the wire?
himodel 2200/6 kv 2-3 cell li[po ?
future88 is offline Find More Posts by future88
Last edited by future88; Nov 13, 2012 at 11:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:22 AM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I'm with you on the one battery. It would be nice, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.
I still think that you could use one of these off your 11.1v pack to lower voltage for PCB and get rid of the 2nd pack.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:04 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,519 Posts
I think the weight might be about the same as the battery it would replace in which case the second battery still wins a seat on the aircraft.
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:53 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiichopper View Post
The turnigy battery (2000 mah) from Hobby King has the same JST discharge line (line from battery to chopper) as the stock battery, but the battery is significantly longer requiring modification to the battery holder. I am awaiting the 2200 mah lipo offered by techNtoys.com as it has the same general dimensions as the stock li-ion battery. Whether it is as good as the turnigy lipo battery will be evaluated soon. While I don't fly the choppers more than 7 minutes regardless of battery type, the lipo maintains a better power supply for the entire flight time as others have noted previously. I still use the stock charger - seems fine so far but I monitor the charge time closely.
Thanks hawaiichopper, eagerly awaiting your evaluation on the techNtoys battery.

Just tried to look for it at techNtoys.com but couldn't find it - the page always only shows 4 or 5 results and then can't scroll down . Think you could post a link to it please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
WARNING!

That 2100mAh pack you linked is NOT a LiPo!! It is actually a LiFePo4 which is 6.6v not 7.4v. Also the chemical makeup is totally different and you would need a charger capable of charging LiFePo4 batteries.

I seriously recommend the 2000mAh Nanotech Receiver pack as this will be the easiest solution.

The 2100mAh pack you linked is designed for Tx's which usually run off 4 AA batteries (6v). This is NOT a flight pack at all.
WOW! Thanks a lot slothy. I guess I'd better keep asking questions til I learn all the things I have to keep an eye out for. The wife probably wouldn't be too happy with me if I burned the house down...
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:52 AM
Head in the clouds
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
WOW! Thanks a lot slothy. I guess I'd better keep asking questions til I learn all the things I have to keep an eye out for. The wife probably wouldn't be too happy with me if I burned the house down...
Put it this way, if you charged that battery with the stock charger, fire would almost certainly result!
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:44 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Put it this way, if you charged that battery with the stock charger, fire would almost certainly result!
Or you could loose a limb or two as they become very unstable if charged with the wrong charger and have been known to explode and cause alot of damage.

It's a bit like this many smokers carry a lighter made of plastic and they have it in their pocket even at work ect, But they don't realise that they are walking around with the equivalent of 1 stick of gelegnite right next to the family jewels.

Thats why welders should never keep one in thier pocket.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:09 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
I still think that you could use one of these off your 11.1v pack to lower voltage for PCB and get rid of the 2nd pack.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40
The concept is good, but you need to power the rx in my case with 5 volts and the tail ESC with 7.4 so I could not use that without changing the ESC for the tail as well.
BThirsk is online now Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:40 AM
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,519 Posts
Can the BL tail only handle 7.4v? Do they make brushless in that size for 11.1 v?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:15 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
Can the BL tail only handle 7.4v? Do they make brushless in that size for 11.1 v?
The motors are good for 11.1 I think, but the ESC I have is only for 7.4.
It can be done, but not with the parts I have and I really never intended to use a separate RX. Now that I have, I could have done things differently. As it is with the 2 batteries, I have sufficient power between the 2 that I could fly well in excess of 10 minutes with no problems. I think for now, I will just fly it and forget about modifying further. I have 3 other helis that need some attention.
BThirsk is online now Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:03 PM
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,519 Posts
I hear you Brent! I have a bunch of copters sitting here untouched because I am loving flying this F45 above all the others. I've had very little issues with up to 20-30km winds now that I'm on the EH200 w/11.1v If anything now I'm afraid of how much speed it can pick up.

Thanks for the tip on balancing. It appears to have a very tiny tilt forward so I think I'm good there. I tried with the balance bar going front-to-back and it seems like there's an even tinier tilt to the left. So it looks like I got lucky just guessing!

I'm thinking it's time to break open one of the F45's I have in boxes for a second one. I have 2 more EH200's, and 4 ESCs here... which BTW, I think I forgot to mention on here that the AEORC 20amp ESC seems to work very nicely once you get it set right. The instructions are screwy and the programming card was flat out wrong but since I got it set it's been perfect ever since.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:19 PM
Joined Oct 2012
870 Posts
Stock battery: what alarm settings do you use?

I set the alarm (2 in 1 voltage checker and buzzer) to ring at 3.4 V, got only a few minutes of flight. Set it down and checked: All=7.37 V, No.1 = 3.66 V, No. 2 = 3.71 V. I'm going to set it at 3.3 V now, can I go any lower? Also at the end of charging using my small Skyartec balance charger, Total = 8.33, No. 1 = 4.10, No. 2 =4.25. So how come the two cells seem to have balanced out on discharge?
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:04 AM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
I set the alarm (2 in 1 voltage checker and buzzer) to ring at 3.4 V, got only a few minutes of flight. Set it down and checked: All=7.37 V, No.1 = 3.66 V, No. 2 = 3.71 V. I'm going to set it at 3.3 V now, can I go any lower? Also at the end of charging using my small Skyartec balance charger, Total = 8.33, No. 1 = 4.10, No. 2 =4.25. So how come the two cells seem to have balanced out on discharge?
I set mine at 3.2 for stock batteries and 3.4 for Lipos. I found that with the stockers, anything higher had a profound effect on runtime as if they developed some sort of memory like a NiCad. I would loose as much as 6 minutes.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:36 AM
Head in the clouds
Joined Apr 2012
774 Posts
Quote:
Are you connecting the battery's balance connector to the charger? There is no way the two cells should be so different after charging. A decent balance charger should have both cells be the same voltage. Possible your battery is defective also...
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:33 AM
Joined Oct 2012
870 Posts
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
I set mine at 3.2 for stock batteries and 3.4 for Lipos. I found that with the stockers, anything higher had a profound effect on runtime as if they developed some sort of memory like a NiCad. I would loose as much as 6 minutes.
I'll try 3.2 next, thanks!

Quote:
Are you connecting the battery's balance connector to the charger?
Yes I am, the balance charger is a very basic LC-1208 by Skyartec. Accucell 6 on the way though

If the battery were damaged, would it be balancing out on discharge?
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:09 AM
Head in the clouds
Joined Apr 2012
774 Posts
Quote:
:

I'll try 3.2 next, thanks!

Yes I am, the balance charger is a very basic LC-1208 by Skyartec. Accucell 6 on the way though

If the battery were damaged, would it be balancing out on discharge?
quite possibly, since the cells charge differently, they would no doubt discharge differently. Basically the Higher cell is catching up to the lower cell. You will find out for sure if it still has trouble balance charging when you get the Accucel6.

If it still won't charge correctly, I would be disposing that battery before anything major happens.