SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:57 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Tadek -
The F45 heli is a 'novelty' everywhere, really. It's made by a toy company, and not made by any of the major R/C heli firms (Align, Walkera, Eflite etc.). BUT it is probably the best 300 size learner - in its price bracket - on the market.
That being said, if all your friends fly the Solo Pro, and parts are available locally, you might be better off to go that way: particularly if you are going to be learning inside. But in 600+ flights, the only parts I've needed have been motors, one blade, and one main gear. Though any parts you do need (if you need any) are going to involve a bit of a wait. A pain.
However, I came from roughly where you are - a 4 chan coax - to the F45 with not much problem (and I'm old and clumsy!). And though I now mainly fly A 6 channel CP now, the MJX was the most sheer fun along the way.
And still is!
Good luck either way.
John.
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:22 PM
Joined Sep 2012
89 Posts
volleyboy

This is built as a tank... i have crashed it so many times (hard crashes).. just bend the flybar back and continue to fly... Cannot recommend it enough.

Make sure to buy extra blades, skids and batteries.. and you should be set for a long time.
mumilove is offline Find More Posts by mumilove
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:54 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
703 Posts
New F46 , 200 size.

http://www.mjxtoys.com/showProDetail...C%20HELICOPTER
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:57 AM
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
703 Posts
http://www.mjxtoys.com/products_heli...C%20HELICOPTER

F48 flybarless is coming
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:00 AM
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
You can also download the 2013 catalog for more info.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:16 AM
Head in the clouds
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
772 Posts
Quote:
Looks a lot like the Walkera Genius FP (including the green canopy)
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:47 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Quote:
My only experience in flying RC is with helicopter. I started with an indoor co-axial and a dozen helicopter later, now a 450 clone. What should I know about flying a RC plane. Do they fly better in the wind ? worse ? Do they compare to a 4 ch. heli in difficulty or a 6 ch. heli ? Something else I should know before doing the irreversible ?
I flew RC planes for several years before switching to helis. I did so because planes require a lot more space, that I didn't have. Planes are generally easier to fly, by a considerable margin. They give you time to react that you don't have with helis and do not require constant use of all 4 movement functions. The most difficult part of flying planes is taking off and landing. After flying an MWC X250 quad for awhile, I think I could fly most planes while eating a sandwich. However, flying most non-beginner planes well takes lots of practice and skill.

Wind handling capability is a function of size, weight, and wing loading. The more wing surface you have, the less air speed is required and the less wind it will handle; for a given size and weight.

One of the biggest advantages of planes is the durability and repair costs, especially of the latest high density and EPP foam planes. Serious damage can be repaired for very little cost, with foam safe CA, hot glue and gorilla glue. I have used gorilla glue to replace missing pieces of foam fuselages.

If you have the room, give it a try. You will like it. Planes can do a lot more things than helis can. I guess you could call them more dimensional.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:01 AM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
Joined Jun 2012
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
Looks a lot like the Walkera Genius FP (including the green canopy)
And the second color option is straight from the Blade 130X....

It was about time thou. Now let's wait for a price and a review... then there will be war.
Darsh is offline Find More Posts by Darsh
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:29 AM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
I know its probably been posted, but I cant find it with the search function.

I need to replace my stock motor, and wish not to wait from China, does anyone sell these in the US ?

I tried RCRoanoke, but they're out of stock.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:17 PM
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
I flew RC planes for several years before switching to helis. I did so because planes require a lot more space, that I didn't have. Planes are generally easier to fly, by a considerable margin. They give you time to react that you don't have with helis and do not require constant use of all 4 movement functions. The most difficult part of flying planes is taking off and landing. After flying an MWC X250 quad for awhile, I think I could fly most planes while eating a sandwich. However, flying most non-beginner planes well takes lots of practice and skill.

Wind handling capability is a function of size, weight, and wing loading. The more wing surface you have, the less air speed is required and the less wind it will handle; for a given size and weight.

One of the biggest advantages of planes is the durability and repair costs, especially of the latest high density and EPP foam planes. Serious damage can be repaired for very little cost, with foam safe CA, hot glue and gorilla glue. I have used gorilla glue to replace missing pieces of foam fuselages.

If you have the room, give it a try. You will like it. Planes can do a lot more things than helis can. I guess you could call them more dimensional.
Thank you for taking the time for this complete answer.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:25 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post

I need to replace my stock motor, and wish not to wait from China, does anyone sell these in the US ?

You might try ESky HBFP spare parts at xheli. They used a 370 motor wound for 7.4 lipo / 8.4 nimh.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:34 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Stock Motor

Quote:

Give techntoys.com a try. They have stock motors for $10 plus shipping (use USPS Priority). Nice folks to work with. Am trying out their 2200 mah lipo to see how it does as it's about the same size as the li-ion battery.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:35 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:

rcroanoke has motors from another bird that are the same, may need to swap the wires to make work though. Send them a message and ask. You can also try techntoys.com
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:07 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Great ! Thanks guys, I got 2 comming from Techntoys, cheap enough

I need this little chopper to get my fingers warmed up before I get on the 2 big boys I got
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:24 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
The New MJX-F46

Here's the MJX F46 at 50cm, sized in between the F45 and F47.

Still a flybar . . .
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo