HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 04, 2012, 10:53 AM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I just got finished converting my MJX to full brushless.
I use a Turnigy 9X transmitter and a FlySky 6ch Receiver I had from a 450.
I used a HK401B Gyro just because I had some extras and it was convenient to try.
The motor is a T1811-2000 2000KV Turnigy with a Hobby King Plush 6 amp Speed controller. I disconnect the Red wire from the speed controller to the Gyro because the Gryo is supplied power from the receiver.
The receiver is supplied power from the Main motor ESC which is running 11.1 Volts supplied by a 1500mah 11.1 volt battery..
The Tail ESC and motor is supplied power by a 500mah 7.4 volt battery.
The binding procedure is, turn to turn on the transmitter and set throttle hold, plug in the main 11.1 volt battery and wait to bind, then plug in the 7.4 volt tail motor.
I am using the stock F45 blade and have too much power. I had to de-tune the tail motor out put and am still tuning the gyro system. I have pretty much got ride of the tail wag. I have a 1500kv motor I may try that would result in lower output, probably closer to what is required.
Nice! Can't wait to see a vid of that one in the air.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:41 AM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Tail Pinion Mod/Pitch

Is the tail motor pinion a 0.4 mod or 0.3 mod? When I install the inrunner tail motor I want to make sure I get the correct pinion as I intend to use the stock mounting. The motor I am considering is 4100kv.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:46 AM
Still learning to fly
Germany, SH, Lubeck
Joined Aug 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
I just got finished converting my MJX to full brushless.
I use a Turnigy 9X transmitter and a FlySky 6ch Receiver I had from a 450.
I used a HK401B Gyro just because I had some extras and it was convenient to try.
The motor is a T1811-2000 2000KV Turnigy with a Hobby King Plush 6 amp Speed controller. I disconnect the Red wire from the speed controller to the Gyro because the Gryo is supplied power from the receiver.
The receiver is supplied power from the Main motor ESC which is running 11.1 Volts supplied by a 1500mah 11.1 volt battery..
The Tail ESC and motor is supplied power by a 500mah 7.4 volt battery.
The binding procedure is, turn to turn on the transmitter and set throttle hold, plug in the main 11.1 volt battery and wait to bind, then plug in the 7.4 volt tail motor.
I am using the stock F45 blade and have too much power. I had to de-tune the tail motor out put and am still tuning the gyro system. I have pretty much got ride of the tail wag. I have a 1500kv motor I may try that would result in lower output, probably closer to what is required.
Nice to see, now we have two of fully converted F45.
But as i see, you use the original F45 tailpropeller, you should use a 6*3 or 6*3,5 propeller. The original F45 propeller is a 6*6 prop and thats too much for the 1811 tailmotor, it could not reach its working speed and gets hot.
You should also use the propsaver of the 1811 motor as the prop flips off if you hit a tree etc. and the motoraxle is much more safe not to be bend.
With my TH9x transmittermodule i have alittle rangeproblem, it reaches only about 50 meters, so i ordered a FrSKY module and a FrSKY reciever, they should reach much more than i can see.
Hinnerk is offline Find More Posts by Hinnerk
Old Nov 04, 2012, 12:45 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Replacement Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
You can go to rcroanoke.com or techntoys.com. Both are in the US.
Ditto what Arrowshooter said. Techntoys is located in California so may take a bit longer but great folks.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:16 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinnerk View Post
Nice to see, now we have two of fully converted F45.
But as i see, you use the original F45 tailpropeller, you should use a 6*3 or 6*3,5 propeller. The original F45 propeller is a 6*6 prop and thats too much for the 1811 tailmotor, it could not reach its working speed and gets hot.
You should also use the propsaver of the 1811 motor as the prop flips off if you hit a tree etc. and the motoraxle is much more safe not to be bend.
With my TH9x transmittermodule i have alittle rangeproblem, it reaches only about 50 meters, so i ordered a FrSKY module and a FrSKY reciever, they should reach much more than i can see.
I have been tuning but was still getting way to much response to handle and got tail wag when turning.
I fixed it all with one procedure, which I have been preaching to everyone to do first, set the darn throttle positions in the ESC.
After I just did that, all tail wag dissappeared, heading hold is rock solid, and rudder response is normal. Also, the motor runs cool now. I have 30% expo on the rudder and it handles smooth as silk.
As for the prop saver, it is not compatible with the MJX prop and I'm not planning to run into any trees as the head on my Heli would also self destruct.
The combination I now have removes all the crash durability built into the F45 so crashing is not an option. It's like my 450, if you crash, you break a lot of stuff.
I reserve crashing for my minicp or v120d02s. They can take a lot.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Last edited by BThirsk; Nov 04, 2012 at 08:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Nov 05, 2012, 05:58 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,483 Posts
Quote:
I have been tuning but was still getting way to much response to handle and got tail wag when turning.
I fixed it all with one procedure, which I have been preaching to everyone to do first, set the darn throttle positions in the ESC.
After I just did that, all tail wag dissappeared, heading hold is rock solid, and rudder response is normal. Also, the motor runs cool now. I have 30% expo on the rudder and it handles smooth as silk.
As for the prop saver, it is not compatible with the MJX prop and I'm not planning to run into any trees as the head on my Heli would also self destruct.
The combination I now have removes all the crash durability built into the F45 so crashing is not an option. It's like my 450, if you crash, you break a lot of stuff.
I reserve crashing for my minicp or v120d02s. They can take a lot.
So now that your F45 is uncrashable you are losing out on it's funfactor BTW well done for your full brushless F45 and please post a vid of it soon in the air however I think that I will not mod mine anymore coz I think it's more worth it saving for a new 6 channel bird than keeping on upgrading this one!!
markkona is online now Find More Posts by markkona
Old Nov 05, 2012, 06:20 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
So now that your F45 is uncrashable you are losing out on it's funfactor BTW well done for your full brushless F45 and please post a vid of it soon in the air however I think that I will not mod mine anymore coz I think it's more worth it saving for a new 6 channel bird than keeping on upgrading this one!!
This is the last mod for mine as well.
I just needed it to handle more like the CP helis in terms of cyclic response.
The tail mod was just done for durability and the added power so the tail will not be overpowered by the main.
If you don't already have a suitable TX, I would not do this mod either. I only did it because I already had all the parts sitting in my spare parts bins so the only real cost was my time.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:12 AM
Joined Jun 2012
13 Posts
New MJX owner

Hello to all. I am awaiting arrival of my first MJX. I have read the previous posts starting back Feb 19 . I must say this is a very active and interesting thread. I look foward to taking part in future discussions about the MJX. I have been through co axials and presently fly a Funcopter.
Just thought I would try the MJX because its affordable and because of this very active and interesting thread.
Look foward to future disscusions
Would the Turnigy 2000mAh 2s1p 20-40 be a good second battery for the MJX ?
retromark1 is offline Find More Posts by retromark1
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:40 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by retromark1 View Post
Hello to all. I am awaiting arrival of my first MJX. I have read the previous posts starting back Feb 19 . I must say this is a very active and interesting thread. I look foward to taking part in future discussions about the MJX. I have been through co axials and presently fly a Funcopter.
Just thought I would try the MJX because its affordable and because of this very active and interesting thread.
Look foward to future disscusions
Would the Turnigy 2000mAh 2s1p 20-40 be a good second battery for the MJX ?
Welcome.
This is the one many are using.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...iver_Pack.html
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:30 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Hobby King Service

I ordered my EH200 on October 24th and received it today. That is fantastic service!!!
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:05 PM
Joined Oct 2012
799 Posts
I ordered the ESC, programming card and pinion on Oct 22, it is still being processed for shipment as of now, so the service is erratic at best, or maybe I got unlucky
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:28 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
I ordered the ESC, programming card and pinion on Oct 22, it is still being processed for shipment as of now, so the service is erratic at best, or maybe I got unlucky
Just remember that all shipping has been either very slow or stoped due to the massive storms that are happening across the US ect.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:12 AM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
I also got a couple of notifications from Chinese vendors that said some shipping may be delayed due to new regs in the customs system.

Not sure if that applies only to the USA or if its on their end.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:17 AM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
EH200 Mounting

It still makes me wonder if MJX did, or still does, have more plans for the F45.

The motor mounting plate has additional holes that line up perfectly with the EH200 and place the wires directly out the front. I simply had to enlarge them with a 7/64 drill bit and bolt it on. I had to order some M2.6x5 screws though as mine are too long.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:31 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
It still makes me wonder if MJX did, or still does, have more plans for the F45.

The motor mounting plate has additional holes that line up perfectly with the EH200 and place the wires directly out the front. I simply had to enlarge them with a 7/64 drill bit and bolt it on. I had to order some M2.6x5 screws though as mine are too long.
That plate is different from mine. The front on all the earlier ones was enclosed and we had to grind it out to get the wire through. Also, I think mine only had the 2 holes for the original motor.
Maybe one manufacturer is watching and listening to what people really want.