HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:34 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbowser View Post
I am still F45less and finally had to file a dispute against Firecabbage since it's been a month since I purchased it and the tracking number provided is still no good PLUS they have ignored repeated messages and e-mails. I don't understand the customer service mindset of some companies, I've even sat in the chat-box several times for over an hour when it showed "lin Salsa" was on-line and all I heard were crickets.

I guess I'll just pay a bit more and snag one off Amazon or fleabay...
Even though there are some sweet deals coming out of off-shore sellers, I will spend the little extra to save some of the agrivation. I do order from a couple of stores in China and 3 - 4 weeks is the norm.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:59 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Why you guys in North America even think of buying in China to save a few bucks beats me!
Out of about 20 orders there now, would have to say nearly a third have something go wrong (or occasionally don't arrive at all). And that's with EMS.
Without, I'm looking at 4-6 weeks, and 50% no show.

Earlier comments re FP versus (450) CP.
I totally agree, the FP is ten times the fun, and one tenth the angst. Why, then, do I spend 50-50 between the two? - masochism?

However, agree with the advantage of enhanced visibility at a distance as a real plus for older eyes .

PS - As an overseas supplier, HK stuff has always come on time, well packed, and as described. The exception!
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:19 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Eh200

Well, since the EH200 is back in stock I went ahead and orderd one to compare to the Park 370. Now the search is on the a 10t 2.3mm pinion. ARG!
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:28 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Arrowshooter -
Try the Blade BLH1609. Available at your LHS, 9T admittedly - but exactly fits the EH200, mod 0.5, and actually works better than the 10 (for me).
Good luck!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:00 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz View Post
Arrowshooter -
Try the Blade BLH1609. Available at your LHS, 9T admittedly - but exactly fits the EH200, mod 0.5, and actually works better than the 10 (for me).
Good luck!
How much monkeying did you have to the mounting of the motor with the 9T?
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:06 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
None at all on one (it was a bit tight to begin with).
On the second, SLIGHTLY elongated the mounting holes (with the tip of a hot soldering iron) and works just fine. For an outrunner, You'll have to extend an existing opening for the wires anyway.
Easy mod!
John.
Ps - Won't affect your ability to revert to the Park (if you decide to) at all.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:11 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Cool, I will consider that. Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:29 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbowser View Post
I am still F45less and finally had to file a dispute against Firecabbage since it's been a month since I purchased it and the tracking number provided is still no good PLUS they have ignored repeated messages and e-mails. I don't understand the customer service mindset of some companies, I've even sat in the chat-box several times for over an hour when it showed "lin Salsa" was on-line and all I heard were crickets.

I guess I'll just pay a bit more and snag one off Amazon or fleabay...
If you're getting close to the cutoff date, file your disput.
The reason shipments are not coming quickly is there was a week holiday about 4 weeks agoe in China. I have an order from oomodel that the tracked for me yesterday and they said it was stuck in Chinese customs for 1 week and then in post for another. It supposedly left China on the 10th, 20 days after I ordered.
They seem to take their holidays very seriously and then it puts a complete backlog on the system. I had the same thing last January and February because of holidays.
As they told me yesterday, be patient.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:40 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Why you guys in North America even think of buying in China to save a few bucks beats me!
Out of about 20 orders there now, would have to say nearly a third have something go wrong (or occasionally don't arrive at all). And that's with EMS.
Without, I'm looking at 4-6 weeks, and 50% no show.

Earlier comments re FP versus (450) CP.
I totally agree, the FP is ten times the fun, and one tenth the angst. Why, then, do I spend 50-50 between the two? - masochism?

However, agree with the advantage of enhanced visibility at a distance as a real plus for older eyes .

PS - As an overseas supplier, HK stuff has always come on time, well packed, and as described. The exception!
I have had in excess of 100 orders out of China and have never had one lost. Why do we order out of China. Availability. Speed of service. If I order from Helipal, I usually get in about 8 days. If I order from the US, 14 days. Freight cost from helipal on a 2 pound order, $12.00. US orders are often up to 25.00 for the same size. I have about 3 suppliers in the US who are fair on freight.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:27 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
BThirsk -
I'm a bit startled by those figures (even though daughter lives in US).
Courier service from any major city to any major city in Aust is only about 2 -3 days: HK Aust warehouse put my 450kit order (big box) on my doorstep in 2. For $A8.
Can't see why on earth US is so much less efficient, but certainly does explain your reasoning in ordering ex China.
John
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:55 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
BThirsk -
I'm a bit startled by those figures (even though daughter lives in US).
Courier service from any major city to any major city in Aust is only about 2 -3 days: HK Aust warehouse put my 450kit order (big box) on my doorstep in 2. For $A8.
Can't see why on earth US is so much less efficient, but certainly does explain your reasoning in ordering ex China.
John
US Postal Service for you.

There are many options, from the 10-14 day cheepie, to the way over priced 1-2 day delivery. As BThirsk states, there are some US companies that do a great job and a very reasonable rate (rcroanoke.com and techntoys.com are a couple), and others that take their time unless you pay them more money.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:20 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
I live and learn then, Arrowshooter.
Over here, there does seem to be more distinction made between the supplier and the courier: if the vendor has a real world address, you can (and I do) use my own preferred service. And it's a fiercely competitive business.
As another instance of the differing systems, my LHS has gotten the servos and gyro for me (for the heli kit) from their interstate wholesaler overnight.
On the other hand, daughter assures us that McD's burgers are twice the size over there. Priorities!
Cheers
John.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:07 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,495 Posts
I'm finding some orders from HK/China take as little as 10 days but most often they land around 30. A few have been in the 40-50 day range recently. I've had I think 2 orders not show up and the first was cancelled with full refund. The second the sender claims they are resending but I have my doubts. I took a chance on ebay for that one. Otherwise I've done ~40-50 orders so all told it's been ok.
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:12 PM
United States, TX, Crowley
Joined Aug 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
If you're getting close to the cutoff date, file your disput.
The reason shipments are not coming quickly is there was a week holiday about 4 weeks agoe in China.
I understand the mechanics of shipping from China as I have been buying non RC related parts from there for years. This is not a shipping delay but a 100% lack of communications and a tracking number that is still no good.
justinbowser is offline Find More Posts by justinbowser
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:47 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
769 Posts
Just to add to the shipping debate, All my orders from HobbyKing, MyRCMart and MiracleMart all seem to be around 6 business days to my door. And that is with regular shipping.

My F45 came from Aliexpress (1st Global of Shanghai. INC) although they don't appear to sell on AliExpress anymore.

And that took 5 business days EMS which cost me $104 incl. shipping...

BangGood however, don't get me started...

Also eBay can be ridiculously slow, especially when they ship "Economy" from China/HK seems they stick them on an old Tall Ship and sail it over...
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89