SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:16 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Do we think that lengthening the tail boom will help to resist some of the bobbing that we experience?
No but that just made me want a tail cam... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinnerk View Post
Hello to all,
this is what i did the last three days:
I removed the PCB from the F645 and placed my Flysky reciever, then i placed a GA250, wich has got a wonderfull new Firmware ( http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=1493174&pp=50 ) then i configured the gyro and went out to fly... and it works! The gyro is very stable in heading-hold-modus, in rate-mode it drifts clockwise, but as the heading-hold-modus is really fine, you donīt really need the rate-mode. The only thing i have to do for now is to trim the pirostops, as the heli sometimes bounces on hard stops. The heli could be moved very sensitive now with the TH9x, it is such a pleasure now to do exact turns in small places, i could not do this with the original transmitter. A big compliment to OlliW, who did the job on the GA250 firmware and to all the others, who made the ER9 Firmware for the TH9x and other TX -> they did a great job!
Wow. How much would the tx + rx cost for that setup? When can we see some video of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by totse View Post
Damn...Im starting to have sputtering with my tail motor. when it starts up..the tail wont go..untill i give it a little tap.
Does the metal teeth dont look completely straight..but ive never looked at them until now.do i need a new motor?
Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz View Post
PCloud-
The 'built for MJX' camera is pretty low res (640 x 480 from memory) and isn't really optimal for F45 AP. Rexless's video a few pages back (eg) is much better quality than anything I've done with the FO3432.
The extra weight of the keychain cam is really inconsequential - I think Markkona strapped a mobile phone under his heli back in the day.
I've ordered the Rexless cam (ebay) despite having 2 standard MJX compatible cams.
The 808#16 is much lighter than the 1080p camera I shot this with today:
F645 - First flight w new blades on windy day (4 min 3 sec)

The F45 has no problem handling the weight of this camera. You can tell it's carrying it but it doesn't have any notable adverse affect on performance. This video is my first successful flight using my now fully upgraded F45 (for now). The only thing I'd consider now is moving to brushless tail and possibly replacing the stock transmitter & receiver after studying what Hinnerk has done.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:52 AM
OlliW
Joined Sep 2009
1,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinnerk View Post
Hello to all,
this is what i did the last three days:
I removed the PCB from the F645 and placed my Flysky reciever, then i placed a GA250, wich has got a wonderfull new Firmware ( http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=1493174&pp=50 ) then i configured the gyro and went out to fly... and it works! The gyro is very stable in heading-hold-modus, in rate-mode it drifts clockwise, but as the heading-hold-modus is really fine, you donīt really need the rate-mode. The only thing i have to do for now is to trim the pirostops, as the heli sometimes bounces on hard stops.
The heli could be moved very sensitive now with the TH9x, it is such a pleasure now to do exact turns in small places, i could not do this with the original transmitter.
A big compliment to OlliW, who did the job on the GA250 firmware and to all the others, who made the ER9 Firmware for the TH9x and other TX -> they did a great job!
nice job!

As regards the drift in rate mode, I think you should try to improve that as the gyro will then work better also in HH mode. To me it sounds as if the servo out put signal is not trimmed. I don't have a FP, but with CPs it is standard practice to adjust your tail such that in it doesn't (or almost doesn't) drift in rate mode, by e.g. adjusting the length of the tail rod link or the tail servo position. There is a comment on that in the instruction manual BTW. In your case I guess you may wish to play a bit with the Servo Mid parameter.

As regards the bouncing, this could also be an issue of the ESC which runs the tail motor. ESCs have no problems with accellerating motors quickly (put power into the motor+rotor system), but not nessecarily with decellerating them (take power out of the motor-rotor system) - unless they have a break. That's a common issue with bl tails. For the Blade mCPX, where a lot mods in this direction were made, this led to the development of a specific firmware, called BLHeli which is by sskaug (Steffen), since it turned out that only with break the tail would work well. You may wish to have a look at http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=390517 for BLHeli. Here http://www.olliw.eu/2012/owsilprog-tutorials/ you find a cheap way to build the required programmer.

cheers

BTW: you provided the wrong link to the new GA250 firmware, that's another one
OlliW is online now Find More Posts by OlliW
Last edited by OlliW; Oct 23, 2012 at 02:24 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:29 AM
Still learning to fly
Germany, SH, Lubeck
Joined Aug 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlliW View Post
nice job!

As regards the drift in rate mode, I think you should try to improve that as the gyro will then work better also in HH mode. To me it sounds as if the servo out put signal is not trimmed. I don't have a FP, but with CPs it is standard practice to adjust your tail such that in it doesn't (or almost doesn't) drift in rate mode, by e.g. adjusting the length of the tail rod link or the tail servo position. There is a comment on that in the instruction manual BTW. In your case I guess you may wish to play a bit with the Servo Mid parameter.

As regards the bouncing, this could also be an issue of the ESC which runs the tail motor. ESCs have no problems with accellerating motors quickly (put power into the motor+rotor system), but not nessecarily with decellerating them (take power out of the motor-rotor system) - unless they have a break. That's a common issue with bl tails. For the Blade mCPX, where a lot mods in this direction were made, this led to the development of a specific firmware, called BLHeli which is by sskaug (Steffen), since it turned out that only with break the tail would work well. You may wish to have a look at http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=390517 for BLHeli. Here http://www.olliw.eu/2012/owsilprog-tutorials/ you find a cheap way to build the required programmer.

cheers
Hello Olli, nice to see you here!
My plan is to build your BLHeli programmer with arduino, as the original SIL-Prog is really expensive for just programming the ESC one time.
Today i will play a little with the Rudder-Mid parameter and i put on the brake-mode in the tail-esc, i hope this will help a little.

Thanks again for your fantastic work!
Hinnerk is offline Find More Posts by Hinnerk
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:32 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
641 Posts
Yet another new model at MEIJAXIN TOYS, the T43, a 3 channel coax

http://www.mjxtoys.com/showProDetail...C%20HELICOPTER

Who knows, maybe there are others to come ??

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:50 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
Yet another new model at MEIJAXIN TOYS, the T43, a 3 channel coax

http://www.mjxtoys.com/showProDetail...C%20HELICOPTER

Who knows, maybe there are others to come ??

Roland
Huh? MJX already have plenty of 3Ch coaxes

Plus this one looks to be the same size as the F45.. Nothing amazing... If it were say half the size of the F47 (Solo Pro, V911, mSR etc.) then that would be cool
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:21 AM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Message from HK -
Stock arrival on EH200.
They only lasted a week last time!
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:21 AM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
24 Posts
EH200 is in stock now

EH200 Brushless Outrunner 4100kv is in stock, only 10 left.
kozack is offline Find More Posts by kozack
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:22 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
641 Posts
Fun or stress ???

Today, I emptied 2 batteries on the F45, and had lots of fun.
Banked turns, hedgehopping, passages at "full speed" with the noise of the blades cutting the air,although the F45 has it's limits and is not so precise to fly, each time I fly it, I learn a little bit and have a grin from one ear to the other after my batteries are emptied.

Yesterday I tried one more time to "fly" the Walkera V200D03 I bought some weeks ago.
Oh my God, it's nothing but stress.
This thing is so nervous, I'm just happy to be able to hover 5 minutes without crashing, and after that I'm completely exhausted
It's discouraging...
I must admit I should not habe buy this beast, I'm not ready for it and the fun-factor equals zero.
So I will try to sell it, I ordered a Master CP instead, wich, after reading about it on some forums, should be more stable and more adequate for a CP beginner.
And it's also more robust, with the V200D03 I have allways the fear to break something if I don't land on the skids or in grass (that also adds stress !).

After flying helicopters since may of this year, I see I have learned a lot, but I have still a lot to learn !!
And my learning curve sometimes seems very flat !!!

But anywat, I have all my life to learn (or what remains of it, I'm 51 ), so let's see the future with optimism !

Have nice flights and smooth landings.

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:50 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,483 Posts
It's funny, but in the spring I had ordered a Walkera CP thinking I'd be ready for it even though I had yet to figure out the DH9116. Fortunately for me, the vendor had made a mistake in the listing about which TX it was shipping with so I took an extra hard look at it and opted not to buy it at that time. That's when I decided to buy the F45 based on recommendations in the DH9116 and V911 threads. I've been wanting a CP mostly for the wind ability - but now that I've become reasonable with a V929 plus with the upgrades to the F45 - I find I can fly in sufficient winds so my desire to learn CP is more academic than anything else. So I too will wait - likely at least until sometime next year or even later. I am thinking of getting a hobby-grade quad for doing nice stable video flying and to learn more about some of the other technologies like virtual orientation, GPS etc. I can't see me opting out of F45's anytime soon!
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:50 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,757 Posts
Quote:
Banked turns, hedgehopping, passages at "full speed" with the noise of the blades cutting the air,although the F45 has it's limits and is not so precise to fly, each time I fly it, I learn a little bit and have a grin from one ear to the other after my batteries are emptied.

Yesterday I tried one more time to "fly" the Walkera V200D03 I bought some weeks ago.
This thing is so nervous, I'm just happy to be able to hover 5 minutes without crashing, and after that I'm completely exhausted
It's discouraging...
I must admit I should not habe buy this beast, I'm not ready for it and the fun-factor equals zero.
So I will try to sell it, I ordered a Master CP instead, wich, after reading about it on some forums, should be more stable and more adequate for a CP beginner.
And it's also more robust, with the V200D03 I have allways the fear to break something if I don't land on the skids or in grass (that also adds stress !).

After flying helicopters since may of this year, I see I have learned a lot, but I have still a lot to learn !!

But anywat, I have all my life to learn (or what remains of it, I'm 51 ), so let's see the future with optimism !

Roland
I am sure the Master will be more suitable to learn one, and it will do pretty amazing 3D for a motor driven tail. If and when I get that good, I'll do a demo.
I spend about 15 minutes every day one the phoenix flight sim. It really helps to get your orientail down.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:53 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
It's funny, but in the spring I had ordered a Walkera CP thinking I'd be ready for it even though I had yet to figure out the DH9116. Fortunately for me, the vendor had made a mistake in the listing about which TX it was shipping with so I took an extra hard look at it and opted not to buy it at that time. That's when I decided to buy the F45 based on recommendations in the DH9116 and V911 threads. I've been wanting a CP mostly for the wind ability - but now that I've become reasonable with a V929 plus with the upgrades to the F45 - I find I can fly in sufficient winds so my desire to learn CP is more academic than anything else. So I too will wait - likely at least until sometime next year or even later. I am thinking of getting a hobby-grade quad for doing nice stable video flying and to learn more about some of the other technologies like virtual orientation, GPS etc. I can't see me opting out of F45's anytime soon!
Get on when you are ready. I am going to keep flying the F45 and doing improvements as I got. I can fly it a 200 feet high and still not worry. I can't do that with my CPs.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:54 AM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Roland, I think we're getting spoiled by flying the F45, I'm the same way with my B450, even the funcopter is stressfull. I just wish somebody made something bigger that flies like the F45, my eyesight isnt real good anymore,I'm 55 and the small helis get orientation lost real quick at any distance for me. Lots of learnig for me too, and getting better all the time.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:22 PM
Still learning to fly
Germany, SH, Lubeck
Joined Aug 2012
56 Posts
Quote:

It's discouraging...

Roland
Roland,
I totaly agree to you, i got my f645 in august and have done about 80-100 flights til now. I enjoy flying the F645 very much, even if there are sometimes very hard crashes, but with the F645 you just pick it up and start again. I got a walkera 22e CP from the friend of my daughter. He had crashed the heli and couldnīt manage to repair it, so he gave it to me. This DF 22e is really hard to controll, its allways like balancing eggs on a flat tablet.

Hinnerk
Hinnerk is offline Find More Posts by Hinnerk
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:56 PM
United States, TX, Crowley
Joined Aug 2012
8 Posts
I am still F45less and finally had to file a dispute against Firecabbage since it's been a month since I purchased it and the tracking number provided is still no good PLUS they have ignored repeated messages and e-mails. I don't understand the customer service mindset of some companies, I've even sat in the chat-box several times for over an hour when it showed "lin Salsa" was on-line and all I heard were crickets.

I guess I'll just pay a bit more and snag one off Amazon or fleabay...
justinbowser is offline Find More Posts by justinbowser
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:22 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Oct 2012
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbowser View Post
I am still F45less and finally had to file a dispute against Firecabbage since it's been a month since I purchased it and the tracking number provided is still no good PLUS they have ignored repeated messages and e-mails. I don't understand the customer service mindset of some companies, I've even sat in the chat-box several times for over an hour when it showed "lin Salsa" was on-line and all I heard were crickets.

I guess I'll just pay a bit more and snag one off Amazon or fleabay...
I ordered mine from Amazon. Cost was $120 including shipping but at least it gets delivered in about 10 days if in the lower 48, 16 or so days to Hawaii. Plus you will get good service on returns if something is really screwed up.
hawaiichopper is offline Find More Posts by hawaiichopper