HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:18 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Wendouree
Joined Apr 2012
724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarcow View Post
I guess since I am a beginner I should focus on keeping the canopy.

I've found some what I assume to be the lightest tx i can visually judge by in the chinese online market, however it goes by the 900-1200mhz band. If you have any experience in FPV, would this interfere with the F45's 2.4Ghz band?

Additional Info:
This is the tx/rx http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=10602006165
This is the camera http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=9326239094&
As rexless mentioned, that TX is way too big.. Even a T-Rex 450 would be unsettled by that. You need to look much smaller, and I know they are out there.

Regarding the frequency and interference, the only time the FPV setup will really cause issues is if it was also 2.4GHz. If the frequency is different, eg 900MHz, 1.3GHz or 5.8GHz it should be fine
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:51 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
Wow! That is impressive. I think the stock blades are dangerous enough, but those look deadly.
The big lesson to learn is that with a brushless motor those suckers continue to spin very fast, with no stick, until they stop. Brushed motors stop pretty quick.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:32 PM
Joined Jul 2012
50 Posts
Help fix the swashplate problem

Can someone please upload the photos of original swashplate , servo connector ...
I just took the whole mechannic out to check for vibration , and after install back i just confuse about how to connect the buckle right . Please look at the red circle in my picture . this stick is always at the highest position ( i can use my finger to adjust it lower but when rotate it goes back to the highest position). It makes the heli go backward and crash immediately after take off . Please someone help me fix this . Thanks .
noname2x is offline Find More Posts by noname2x
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:50 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname2x View Post
Can someone please upload the photos of original swashplate , servo connector ...
I just took the whole mechannic out to check for vibration , and after install back i just confuse about how to connect the buckle right . Please look at the red circle in my picture . this stick is always at the highest position ( i can use my finger to adjust it lower but when rotate it goes back to the highest position). It makes the heli go backward and crash immediately after take off . Please someone help me fix this . Thanks .
Need to see how your servo arms are set with the radio bound.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:01 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname2x View Post
As arrowshooter said above. You must also get your blades straight and the flybar level after the heli is bound.
That will show a very close similation of where the guide is when the blades are spinning.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:35 AM
Joined Oct 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
I may be reading this wrong but if I don't think you'll have much luck hoisting 160g transmitter on an F45. Even the 34g keychain camera I use for filming aerial video is noticeable.
160g is for the receiver, which isn't an issue any case. The camera is about 8g. There was no information on how heavy the transmitter is but I saw information that transmitter of the same size is at around 22g without the metal casing.
solarcow is offline Find More Posts by solarcow
Last edited by solarcow; Oct 19, 2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:53 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,370 Posts
I see. I didn't take a solid look at the link as I was in the middle of a busy work day. I have read people talk of tiny fpv setups so I expect you will find something that works. My question is this... why the F45? Having done quite a bit of AV with mine I find it a challenge to get use able footage. It tends to be very bouncy when descending or doing fast movements. Would imagine flying fpv would be difficult. I am testing out a V929 and it seems to be underpowered but smoother. I'm considering moving my video efforts to a custom quad and keeping he F45 just for he simple fun of fixing and flying.

I have never tried FPV flying and am still quite a noob to rc flight so forgive me - I just want to understand.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:20 AM
Joined Oct 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
I see. I didn't take a solid look at the link as I was in the middle of a busy work day. I have read people talk of tiny fpv setups so I expect you will find something that works. My question is this... why the F45? Having done quite a bit of AV with mine I find it a challenge to get use able footage. It tends to be very bouncy when descending or doing fast movements. Would imagine flying fpv would be difficult. I am testing out a V929 and it seems to be underpowered but smoother. I'm considering moving my video efforts to a custom quad and keeping he F45 just for he simple fun of fixing and flying.

I have never tried FPV flying and am still quite a noob to rc flight so forgive me - I just want to understand.
1. It's cheap and easy to get in china (student budget). It's not big enough to cause a dent in my finances that will make my parents wonder why I'm wasting money on toys lol.
2. I just really wanted to try out fpv, that i can fly outside, see rooftops and all that.
3. It's the perfect size between toy sized and pro sized.
4. Usable indoors and outdoors. (I can test it out and practice it a bit indoors).
5. Im also a noob.
6. Can't get a nicely sized quad here than can carry an fpv setup.
7. F45 is the smallest size you can put a basic fpv setup on that you can get a fair distance and height with (sure there are smaller indoor fpv systems, but what's the point, you can see that from your own physical perspective anyway).
8. I dont intend to have the best fpv experience but rather a cheap bare-bones one that is fairly enjoyable. If I enjoy it, I'll invest in it later on.
9. A working fpv system on this model will really make it shine as one of the best heli's to get started with! It already has a video recording add-on and good reviews, so it only needs decent fpv capability.
10. Lastly, this size I can easily fly without having to travel far. I think I can fly it in the space right between the dorms or at a nearby park (bicycle distance).

Anyways, Im looking at 800yuan ($128) for the entire thing (not including the viewing monitor/glasses; ill just use my lappy somehow). This amount I can easily save for 2 weeks.

My next problem is the power source for the fpv system. The F45 has a weird 7.4volt battery going on. Both my transmitter and camera work at 12v, so I have no idea what to do there.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:34 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
Quote:
1. It's cheap and easy to get in china (student budget). It's not big enough to cause a dent in my finances that will make my parents wonder why I'm wasting money on toys lol.
2. I just really wanted to try out fpv, that i can fly outside, see rooftops and all that.
3. It's the perfect size between toy sized and pro sized.
4. Usable indoors and outdoors. (I can test it out and practice it a bit indoors).
5. Im also a noob.
6. Can't get a nicely sized quad here than can carry an fpv setup.
7. F45 is the smallest size you can put a basic fpv setup on that you can get a fair distance and height with (sure there are smaller indoor fpv systems, but what's the point, you can see that from your own physical perspective anyway).
8. I dont intend to have the best fpv experience but rather a cheap bare-bones one that is fairly enjoyable. If I enjoy it, I'll invest in it later on.
9. A working fpv system on this model will really make it shine as one of the best heli's to get started with! It already has a video recording add-on and good reviews, so it only needs decent fpv capability.
10. Lastly, this size I can easily fly without having to travel far. I think I can fly it in the space right between the dorms or at a nearby park (bicycle distance).

Anyways, Im looking at 800yuan ($128) for the entire thing (not including the viewing monitor/glasses; ill just use my lappy somehow). This amount I can easily save for 2 weeks.

My next problem is the power source for the fpv system. The F45 has a weird 7.4volt battery going on. Both my transmitter and camera work at 12v, so I have no idea what to do there.
You could look for the smallest 3s battery you can find. It might fit in te back lower frame area.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:25 AM
Joined Oct 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
You could look for the smallest 3s battery you can find. It might fit in te back lower frame area.
Those batteries (the smallest packages I see) are about 100+ grams. That would be too heavy to lift.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:58 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,370 Posts
I would imagine you could build a simple serial connector for 3 small lipos.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:59 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Those batteries (the smallest packages I see) are about 100+ grams. That would be too heavy to lift.
This one is 19gr.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:02 AM
Joined Oct 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Although that is probably the best option, they don't ship in china and I can't find a local seller nor online one (in china) that carries that.
Smallest I found in China was 500mah and weighs in at 45g.

Do you think a A23 alkaline battery would work? It's rated at 12v.
Last edited by solarcow; Oct 19, 2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:57 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,711 Posts
Quote:
Although that is probably the best option, they don't ship in china and I can't find a local seller nor online one (in china) that carries that.
Smallest I found in China was 500mah and weighs in at 45g.

Do you think a A23 alkaline battery would work? It's rated at 12v.
It might. At 8gms, you could run several in parallel.
What is the power requirement for the RX and Camera.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:11 PM
Joined Oct 2012
780 Posts
Shims: How tight should the blade holder be?

Quote:
The sweet spot is to shim and tighten the blade grip until you just remove the clearance. The blades should have just enough friction to hold themselves straight. A slight shake of the heli should allow them too move. When the blades get up to speed, the blades should be able to find their center.

What do you mean by "enough friction to hold straight..."

Hold straight in the vertical position? If the blade grip is allowing free movement of the blades, is it too loose?
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar