SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:30 AM
Registered User
rpc4's Avatar
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Where can I get new plug/wire for new V911 batteries skid does not come with it. preferably US supplier.
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:49 AM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumilove View Post
Perfect.. just ordered one to get hold on a servo arm (and have the servo as backup.. live in Denmark and there is 3 weeks delay on shipping - better be safe)


I almost bought a Walkera master cp and a mini cp today.
I flipped the coin.. three times negative... clean sign not to buy them... think the wife will kill me or something :0)
You got that wrong on the coin. That was the positive side saying you should buy them.
I has the MasterCP and it is very easy to handle. I have a MiniCP on the way for in house flying.
BThirsk is online now Find More Posts by BThirsk
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:12 PM
Eternal beginner
Rollmops67's Avatar
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
646 Posts
F45 versus V200D03

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumilove View Post
I almost bought a Walkera master cp and a mini cp today.
I flipped the coin.. three times negative... clean sign not to buy them... think the wife will kill me or something :0)
3 weeks ago I bought a Walkera V200D3 wich is the same size as the Master CP, but with a brushless motor and a torque tube transmission to the tail rotor. (I didn't want a brushed motor, because I don't want to run in the same problems of motor dying while flying than on the F45)
It is also more fragile than the Master CP, which is build like a tank.
I am flying helis only since about may of this year, but with the F45 i have no problems, I am able to do nice banked turns and fly quite quick.
And most important : I have FUN with the F45 !

With the V200D03 it's another story.
I have no problem to take off or to land, because it is perfectly trimmed.
Also, with the variable pitch, to stay at the same height is far more easy than with the F45 (at least in normal flight mode)
But just to hover (tail in, don't even think nose in) drains my brain in 5 minutes !
On the F45, if you don't touch the cyclic, it hovers on place (assuming there it's no wind and it is properly trimmed).
On the other side, the V200D03 asks for constant cyclic stick inputs to compensate his tendancy to drift, forth, back, left or right.
It's not possible to release the cyclic stick for 2 seconds, the heli then drifts, and becomes faster and faster.
And in this cases I notice that my reactions (eyes see >> brain "calculates" >> fingers give stick inputs) are far to slow for the V200D03.
So for the moment, I am happy when I'm able to hover for a battery pack without crashing
I did have one rough landing (far from a real crash), the heli tipped over the skids at landing and the still turning rotor was stopped by grass, this was enough to strip the main gear... (very little teeth, the gear of the Master CP seems more robust)

Conclusion : I have yet to learn a lot, so that my reactions become quicker and more instinctive.

I don't know if there is a difference in "nervosity" between the Master CP and the V200D03 (maybe Bthirsk has an answer ?!), maybe the Master CP is more predictible ?

Anyway, was makes heli flying interesting is to know that you have never finished to learn !

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Last edited by Rollmops67; Oct 14, 2012 at 12:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:27 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumilove View Post
BTW... i crashed again... last night... 15-20 meters..

The same problem i always have... it flies away from me.. i give 100 % reverse cyclic... nothing... i give very, very little throttle.. it moves back a little but gains more hight... i have the throttle on 45 %.. rudder on 60 % ... the rest on 100%...

I think i just need to use the rudder and fly nose in to get it back... i have no problem with forward and left cyclic... only reverse and right... hmm
That is very odd. Have you made sure your swashplate is level with zero trim and transmitter and heli powered on? I have always had excellent reverse. At this time I have moved elevator and ailerons to the next outer position (5th hole), but I did not have this even before. The left rudder is always going to be easier as the movement is made with the tail rotor turning off and the main rotor's torque rotating the body. In fact I use left turns to try and 'rest' the tail rotor a bit. My throttle is at 65%, ailerons and rudder at 90% and elevator at 75%. I had the elevator also at 90, but found that it was going like a bullet with forward cyclic so turned it down to 75%
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:36 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post

I did have one rough landing (far from a real crash), the heli tipped over the skids at landing and the still turning rotor was stopped by grass, this was enough to strip the main gear... (very little teeth, the gear of the Master CP seems more robust)

Roland
Were the teeth stripped because the motor was still running when the rotor blades hit the grass?
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:39 PM
Eternal beginner
Rollmops67's Avatar
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
Were the teeth stripped because the motor was still running when the rotor blades hit the grass?
Yes I think so.
I cut throttle in the moment I touched down, but maybe a little too late...

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:52 PM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
3 weeks ago I bought a Walkera V200D3 wich is the same size as the Master CP, but with a brushless motor and a torque tube transmission to the tail rotor. (I didn't want a brushed motor, because I don't want to run in the same problems of motor dying while flying than on the F45)
It is also more fragile than the Master CP, which is build like a tank.
I am flying helis only since about may of this year, but with the F45 i have no problems, I am able to do nice banked turns and fly quite quick.
And most important : I have FUN with the F45 !

With the V200D03 it's another story.
I have no problem to take off or to land, because it is perfectly trimmed.
Also, with the variable pitch, to stay at the same height is far more easy than with the F45 (at least in normal flight mode)
But just to hover (tail in, don't even think nose in) drains my brain in 5 minutes !
On the F45, if you don't touch the cyclic, it hovers on place (assuming there it's no wind and it is properly trimmed).
On the other side, the V200D03 asks for constant cyclic stick inputs to compensate his tendancy to drift, forth, back, left or right.
It's not possible to release the cyclic stick for 2 seconds, the heli then drifts, and becomes faster and faster.
And in this cases I notice that my reactions (eyes see >> brain "calculates" >> fingers give stick inputs) are far to slow for the V200D03.
So for the moment, I am happy when I'm able to hover for a battery pack without crashing
I did have one rough landing (far from a real crash), the heli tipped over the skids at landing and the still turning rotor was stopped by grass, this was enough to strip the main gear... (very little teeth, the gear of the Master CP seems more robust)

Conclusion : I have yet to learn a lot, so that my reactions become quicker and more instinctive.

I don't know if there is a difference in "nervosity" between the Master CP and the V200D03 (maybe Bthirsk has an answer ?!), maybe the Master CP is more predictible ?

Anyway, was makes heli flying interesting is to know that you have never finished to learn !

Roland
The MasterCP is very stable. I did very little adjusting on the setup.
I had it out last night just checking all my setups.
I had it up about 10 feet and just let go of the AIL/ELV stick to see what it would do. It just hung in the position and orientation for about 20 seconds until I carried on flying. If you move to one side slowly and left off the stick, it will slowly level out. It still will move to that side because of inertia, but will be level and maintain altitude. It is about as close to a beginner CP Heli of this size that I can imagine.
I also had my V120DO2S out a few minutes earlier. It would be more like Your V200D03 for reaction only even faster. It does not self stabilize at all and is extremely fast. I usually fly large circles in front of me and it moves very fast toward you. It is a good, durable Heli, but not really a beginner like the Master.
Both the helis have a coarse main gear, the V120 is MOD .5 and the Master is MOD .6 so the don't have the stripping main gear issue the V200 and V400 have. The Master does have a brushed motor, but it is the same motor from the much larger V400 and has excess power and after 5 minutes of running, it is only luke warm. Brushless conversion is also very easy.
BThirsk is online now Find More Posts by BThirsk
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:09 PM
Eternal beginner
Rollmops67's Avatar
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
The MasterCP is very stable...
...
I had it up about 10 feet and just let go of the AIL/ELV stick to see what it would do. It just hung in the position and orientation for about 20 seconds until I carried on flying. If you move to one side slowly and left off the stick, it will slowly level out. It still will move to that side because of inertia, but will be level and maintain altitude. It is about as close to a beginner CP Heli of this size that I can imagine.
Aha, interesting, the V200D03 would drift away faster and faster...
Quote:
The Master does have a brushed motor, but it is the same motor from the much larger V400 and has excess power and after 5 minutes of running, it is only luke warm.easy.
Aha (again !), intersting too.
So this would mean the main motor is not under stress as on the F45...
May consider to buy one then, in BNF version, seeing that I have allready a Devo Tx.

Best regards

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:13 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
Hi all,
i read big parts of this thread, but is difficult for me to find infos about my problem:
my f45 sometime has small 'blackout', sometime just half second and the fly survives,
sometime the ely 'switchs off' and fall down! :-O
After that, the RC seems not working, and the white led light in two by two lamp (similar when you switch off and on the RC). Impossible to bind until i switch offf the f45 and restart the procedure. Very frustrating. Today the f45 'switched off' during fly for 3 times, and for 3 times i had to switch off and on the heli to bind again it with the tx. At the fourth fly the main motor slows down and died.
I tried to connect a 12 lamp to the motor wires and the lamp dim regular in according to the throttle command, so the ESC seems to work, so for sure the motor is DEAD, and ok, i will replace it... BUT: what about the 'blackouts'?
they were a symptom of the motor problem or is a separate issue?
i must replace tx, rx and motor???? :-OOO
davef45 is offline Find More Posts by davef45
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:01 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2012
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davef45 View Post
Hi all,
i read big parts of this thread, but is difficult for me to find infos about my problem:
my f45 sometime has small 'blackout', sometime just half second and the fly survives,
sometime the ely 'switchs off' and fall down! :-O
After that, the RC seems not working, and the white led light in two by two lamp (similar when you switch off and on the RC). Impossible to bind until i switch offf the f45 and restart the procedure. Very frustrating. Today the f45 'switched off' during fly for 3 times, and for 3 times i had to switch off and on the heli to bind again it with the tx. At the fourth fly the main motor slows down and died.
I tried to connect a 12 lamp to the motor wires and the lamp dim regular in according to the throttle command, so the ESC seems to work, so for sure the motor is DEAD, and ok, i will replace it... BUT: what about the 'blackouts'?
they were a symptom of the motor problem or is a separate issue?
i must replace tx, rx and motor???? :-OOO
If you ask me, i think i will start by changing the receiver board. It's cheap: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Mj...9-p-46451.html

Then take it from there... i don't think it can be the engine/motor.. they are rather simple in design and contain minimal "electronic" inside to cause such glitches.

If the above does not work, then try to change the TX... but i bet you that the problem is the receiver board.
mumilove is offline Find More Posts by mumilove
Last edited by mumilove; Oct 14, 2012 at 04:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:06 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2012
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
You got that wrong on the coin. That was the positive side saying you should buy them.
I has the MasterCP and it is very easy to handle. I have a MiniCP on the way for in house flying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
3 weeks ago I bought a Walkera V200D3 wich is the same size as the Master CP, but with a brushless motor and a torque tube transmission to the tail rotor. (I didn't want a brushed motor, because I don't want to run in the same problems of motor dying while flying than on the F45)
It is also more fragile than the Master CP, which is build like a tank.
I am flying helis only since about may of this year, but with the F45 i have no problems, I am able to do nice banked turns and fly quite quick.
And most important : I have FUN with the F45 !

With the V200D03 it's another story.
I have no problem to take off or to land, because it is perfectly trimmed.
Also, with the variable pitch, to stay at the same height is far more easy than with the F45 (at least in normal flight mode)
But just to hover (tail in, don't even think nose in) drains my brain in 5 minutes !
On the F45, if you don't touch the cyclic, it hovers on place (assuming there it's no wind and it is properly trimmed).
On the other side, the V200D03 asks for constant cyclic stick inputs to compensate his tendancy to drift, forth, back, left or right.
It's not possible to release the cyclic stick for 2 seconds, the heli then drifts, and becomes faster and faster.
And in this cases I notice that my reactions (eyes see >> brain "calculates" >> fingers give stick inputs) are far to slow for the V200D03.
So for the moment, I am happy when I'm able to hover for a battery pack without crashing
I did have one rough landing (far from a real crash), the heli tipped over the skids at landing and the still turning rotor was stopped by grass, this was enough to strip the main gear... (very little teeth, the gear of the Master CP seems more robust)

Conclusion : I have yet to learn a lot, so that my reactions become quicker and more instinctive.

I don't know if there is a difference in "nervosity" between the Master CP and the V200D03 (maybe Bthirsk has an answer ?!), maybe the Master CP is more predictible ?

Anyway, was makes heli flying interesting is to know that you have never finished to learn !

Roland
I will definitely buy them at some time.. but i crash so often with the f45 that i think it's better to improve my skills first.. before paying 400$ for two cp helis which i will spend most of my time and money repairing.

But glad that my choice of heli models is not way off :0)
Master cp for outside fun (more wind resistant) and the mini cp for indoors and calm days.
mumilove is offline Find More Posts by mumilove
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:10 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2012
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
That is very odd. Have you made sure your swashplate is level with zero trim and transmitter and heli powered on? I have always had excellent reverse. At this time I have moved elevator and ailerons to the next outer position (5th hole), but I did not have this even before. The left rudder is always going to be easier as the movement is made with the tail rotor turning off and the main rotor's torque rotating the body. In fact I use left turns to try and 'rest' the tail rotor a bit. My throttle is at 65%, ailerons and rudder at 90% and elevator at 75%. I had the elevator also at 90, but found that it was going like a bullet with forward cyclic so turned it down to 75%
Well... it hovers almost perfect.. see this video:
Stor helikopter (0 min 39 sec)


On low altitudes, i have no problem.. it's only when i reach high altitudes, like 20+ ... the heli will only move forward, right and higher... if i give it 100% cyclic for reverse or left.. it will stand still for moment then start to move.. like it's trying to build momentum.. but with right or forward.. it's like instant movement.

Again.. it hovers great and on low altitudes there is no visible difference between the cyclic orientations.
mumilove is offline Find More Posts by mumilove
Last edited by mumilove; Oct 14, 2012 at 04:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:24 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2012
89 Posts
I wish i had a monkey

So... i crashed again... DAMN TREES... always in the way..
This time it got stock... would not get down... got me a big ball and kept trying to get it down.. 10 min later i tried with a latter... hmm.. i finally gave up... went home and wished i had a monkey for a pet...

15 min later... i got a floor sweeper from the bathroom and tried to reach the branch it was on.. a couple of attempts and BINGO.. :0)

Sadly the heli went nose first and hit the ground.. The canopy was damaged.. and the heli would not react to any aileron. Took the canopy of and found the switches on the receiver board were knocked of.. put them back on and checked all servos and motors.. gave it a try and it was hovering just fine

This machine is BAD AS* that's for sure.
mumilove is offline Find More Posts by mumilove
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:41 PM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumilove View Post
Well... it hovers almost perfect.. see this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPtSyxIKgJA

On low altitudes, i have no problem.. it's only when i reach high altitudes, like 20+ ... the heli will only move forward, right and higher... if i give it 100% cyclic for reverse or left.. it will stand still for moment then start to move.. like it's trying to build momentum.. but with right or forward.. it's like instant movement.

Again.. it hovers great and on low altitudes there is no visible difference between the cyclic orientations.
Try increasing your throttle to about 80%. When you are getting up high, there is more wind movement. To counteract that, you need to increase throttle as you give forward or reverse cyclic. This will keep the flybar from counteracting your cyclic movements.
BThirsk is online now Find More Posts by BThirsk
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:20 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumilove View Post
If you ask me, i think i will start by changing the receiver board. It's cheap: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Mj...9-p-46451.html

Then take it from there... i don't think it can be the engine/motor.. they are rather simple in design and contain minimal "electronic" inside to cause such glitches.

If the above does not work, then try to change the TX... but i bet you that the problem is the receiver board.
tnx mumilove, i'll change the RX and the motor (however, the motor is dead, becausa a car lamp connected to the esc dim perfectly.)

i have never heard an issue like this, (blackouts during the fly) reading forums. Disappointed.
davef45 is offline Find More Posts by davef45
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion On self stabilising single-rotor helis (FP/CP) and comparison to quadcopters and coax LMF5000 Electric Heli Talk 10 Apr 13, 2014 03:59 PM
Discussion UAV systems Single Rotor vs Multi Rotor iskoos UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 2 Jan 06, 2012 11:51 PM
Question Upgrading from Co-Axial to FP Single Rotor Judo JoNny Electric Heli Talk 57 Sep 20, 2010 01:10 PM
Discussion Best FP single rotor 4 CH Heli? helinewbie617 Micro Helis 76 Oct 31, 2009 08:16 PM
For Sale will trade my orbiter coaxial for a fp or cp single rotor heli micro heli Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Sep 05, 2007 02:36 PM