HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:34 AM
Germany, BW, Göppingen
Joined Aug 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumppi T View Post
Hi,

It's the smaller one close to the tail-motor plug (installed horisontal). I don't understand either why it doesn't work with the original FET, but i fried accidentaly the original FET......replaced it with the DH9104:s FET...and now its running

The FET is: CEP73A3G

It was very easy to install. Just cut the original FET:s connectors and then solder the FET away (It's soldered to the board from it's back). Solder 2 cm wires to the original FETs connection points (2) and one 2cm wire to the area where the original FET was fixed to the board. Solder two wires to the new FET in same order as the original. The third wire goes to the center connector. Then put some sticky tape behind the new FET and attach it in some good place. I put mine just onto the main circuit
Is it the first or the second one in the photo?

Just now I unsoldered number 1, but there was no third connection
And the left little connector came off... now nothing is working anymore, even when I soldered everything back together.... umpffff... I know why I don't like that complicated electronic stuff
so for now I think I'll need a new PCB board... or how can I attach the left connector to the board again?
Stoersender is offline Find More Posts by Stoersender
Last edited by Stoersender; Oct 11, 2012 at 04:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:58 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoersender View Post

And the left little connector came off... now nothing is working anymore, even when I soldered everything back together.... umpffff... I know why I don't like that complicated electronic stuff
so for now I think I'll need a new PCB board...
I'm not sure what FET they are talking about, but I have a question... What do you have connected to the LED socket on the board? those wires don't look like the LED wires

slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:14 AM
Germany, BW, Göppingen
Joined Aug 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
I'm not sure what FET they are talking about, but I have a question... What do you have connected to the LED socket on the board? those wires don't look like the LED wires

I've modded the normal searchlight cause I didn't like the white LED mounted to the canopy.

I've put two LEDs to the side, one is red and one blue.
They're signaling the binding status and are working as positioning lights when it's darker outside

Here you can read more about how I did it:
F45 - modded "searchlight" mod
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:42 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
765 Posts
Quote:
I've modded the normal searchlight cause I didn't like the white LED mounted to the canopy.

I've put two LEDs to the side, one is red and one blue.
They're signaling the binding status and are working as positioning lights when it's darker outside

Here you can read more about how I did it:
F45 - modded "searchlight" mod
Oh yes, I remember reading that now. Cool Just making sure you weren't trying to use that to power the Tail ESC or something silly :P
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:57 AM
Germany, BW, Göppingen
Joined Aug 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
Oh yes, I remember reading that now. Cool Just making sure you weren't trying to use that to power the Tail ESC or something silly :P
nono never^^
for now I'm grounded because my pcb board is done... I tried to unsolder the FET and the left contact came off. Now I'm unable to solder it back together...
And the tail motor doesn't work because of that...
I hate myself for trying such a stupid thing
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:00 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,757 Posts
Quote:
Give me a minute and I'll test it for you

if it's not true I'll just have to resolder the cut wire...

edit:

so I just tested your theory, but nothing happend.
The ESC just beeped the "no signal" beep.
I tested both wires, red and black.

Haven't had to cut anything... I remembered that the pins can be pushed out of the plug

now I'm soldering a new FET to the board...
No, I did not expect that would fix your problem. I am just wondering if that is what created it in the first place. If the ESC is supplying power to the converter via the BEC circuit, is the power being fed back to the PCB causing an overload on the FET and burning it out.
I saw a write up on a blade conversion and all that fellow did was use the signal wire to the ESC. He said the only thing that did not happen is the LEDs on the converter did not light up, but otherwise it functioned fine. He specifically stated, DO NO LEAVE THE POWER HOOKED UP. He removed both the red and black pins, but never stated the reason.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:11 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
Well after over 30 days waiting for the slow boat from China to arrive, my 1000mah 3s battery arrived today. So, I soldered an adapter together and hooked it up to my the ESC for my EH200 - mounted the Walkera #4 blades and did some tests. First test - spinning up to about 75% throttle was fine. The power was amazing but something strange happened after 75% - the blades lost their strength and started to twist and flap resulting in a massive drop in thrust. So I figured with me sitting there holding down the helicopter sure but what about outside flying? It's dark so I took it out front of my house and flew around a bit over the pavement. Again, things seemed pretty smooth up to about 75% throttle. When I climbed much past that (had to do it quick due to a small space) the blades had destabilized and the F45 came flying at my head. I ducked and it smashed nicely into a rock wall. The blades shattered and the flybar was bent a little but otherwise no damage. Since the blades couldn't handle the motor and the flybar bent back easily I would say it was no big deal but a great lesson. Mostly it was hilarious!

So now I'll have to fly stock blades until I try the ones Brent suggested in the first place.
While you're ordering stuff, oldoz suggested a 9 tooth pinion, blade part number BLH1609. I would get one of those as well. It will slow things down just a little and will give you more spread and feel on the throttle. I am going to pick one up as well.
Be carefully with the stock blades. They will flutter as well at high speed.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:43 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,478 Posts
I think this is good advice. I shall look for a 9 tooth pinion, thanks Brent!
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:41 AM
Micro Heli mods
Finland, Tuusula
Joined Mar 2012
181 Posts
Quote:

so for now I think I'll need a new PCB board... or how can I attach the left connector to the board again?
Oh damn Number 1 is the right one.

Ok.....now i think i understand what happened to you. When you were removing the FET, the "silver" area was cut away. You can solder the third wire behind the PCB (white wire in my photos .... and it goes to the mid connector of the new FET).

Tumppi T is offline Find More Posts by Tumppi T
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Tumppi T; Oct 11, 2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:30 AM
Germany, BW, Göppingen
Joined Aug 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumppi T View Post
Oh damn Number 1 is the right one.

Ok.....now i think i understand what happened to you. When you were removing the FET, the "silver" area was cut away. You can solder the third wire behind the PCB (white wire in my photos .... and it goes to the mid connector of the new FET).

ok I figured something like that. I just wasn't sure if I got rid of the right one

I put the soldering iron a little bit to long on the connector and it peeled off

But thanks for the pics they help a lot
maybe I'm able to get working again by tomorrow...
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:16 AM
Joined Oct 2012
802 Posts
HELP: Is my upper plastic head broken?

Is the linear cut which I've circled normal or has it been broken? (Was going to apply CAL to it, but it seems like it may have been engineered)
Please help!
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:49 AM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
It might work just fine.
Do we know what the rpm is for the stock brushed tail motor is?
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:55 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
Is the linear cut which I've circled normal or has it been broken? (Was going to apply CAL to it, but it seems like it may have been engineered)
Please help!
The cut is not normal, next step will be a broken loop.
And when a loop breakes, the heli becomes barely controlable.
So if I where you, I wouldn't fly with this loop
This is a common issue here (i had it 4 times) but some people have solutions.
For me I tried Oldoz's one :
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3115
It works perfectly, no broken loop since i did the mod !

Look some pages back, others have also similar solutions.

Nice flights and smooth landings !

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:10 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Do we know what the rpm is for the stock brushed tail motor is?
Not for sure. I will try to get a good reading tonight. I was having issues with my optical tach. I'll try again to get an exact reading.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:27 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Not for sure. I will try to get a good reading tonight. I was having issues with my optical tach. I'll try again to get an exact reading.
Thanks. Kinda like an idea where it is at compared to other styles of motors.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter