HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:22 AM
Joined Oct 2012
883 Posts
Walkera RK 370 SD motor to replace stock motor?

Anyone know if this will provide at least the same power as the stock motor?
Lentar is online now Find More Posts by Lentar
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:32 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,774 Posts
A different Tx would require an outboard gyro and mixer, which would require complicated setup. Results could be nice, but that would ruin the ease of setup and use that this heli is nice for.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:04 AM
Still learning to fly
Germany, SH, Lubeck
Joined Aug 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
Anyone know if this will provide at least the same power as the stock motor?
The walkera 370 SD is designed for a 3s setup, you won´t get enough power out of it in the F45. Better try to go brushless.
Hinnerk is offline Find More Posts by Hinnerk
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:58 AM
Head in the clouds
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
A different Tx would require an outboard gyro and mixer, which would require complicated setup. Results could be nice, but that would ruin the ease of setup and use that this heli is nice for.
If you use an equivalent all-in-one RX board such as a Walkera RX from a V400D02 (I think), this will have the Gyro etc all built in just like the F45. you would just need to change the connectors for the motors/servos to make them match.

A couple people have successfully used E-Sky RXs with it, and one even got an 72MHz RX working without a huge effort.
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:37 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
In order to use another board in this heli you would need one that will work with a 6 channel transmitter with CCPM mixing and a flybar. The only electronics I can think of that fit this criteria is the ESky HBCP (V2 or V3) and the HBCT. Walkera V400D02 might work if you defeated the 3 axis gyro. In any case, the cost of the transmitter and board would probably be at least $60 - $80, unless you found something used.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:55 AM
Head in the clouds
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
In order to use another board in this heli you would need one that will work with a 6 channel transmitter with CCPM mixing and a flybar. The only electronics I can think of that fit this criteria is the ESky HBCP (V2 or V3) and the HBCT. Walkera V400D02 might work if you defeated the 3 axis gyro. In any case, the cost of the transmitter and board would probably be at least $60 - $80, unless you found something used.
Why couldn't you use a similar FP board? Just curious...
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:39 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
I don't think this heli requires mixing. The ELV only uses the ELV servo independent of the AIL servo. Same with the AIL, it only uses the AIL servo.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:43 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Well broken loops and a little breeze almost cost me my heli today.

Flying around the park minding my own business and I start heading for some trees for some reason, so I goosed the throttle to clear them. Thinking the breeze blew it over there I spun around to head back but all I did was climb. I was thinking it must really be blowing up there so I turned sideways and tried to bank into the wind, but I had no control. Now I am up about 300 feet, out over a fenced in school yard about the same distance, and the more I tried the further out it went. When it was just a speck, I decided to just cut the throttle and let it drop, running back to my truck at the same time.

I am in a residential area and when I got to where I thought the heli fell I started looking up in the trees and was able to find one homeowner who would look in his backyard for me (I don't think anyone else was awake yet). Nothing. I then walked up to the next street over figuring which way the wind may have taken it, and there it was laying in the ally. LUCKED OUT! How it worked it's way between the houses, trees and power lines I will never know because the chip on my video camera ended up full before I went out of control. Would have been a good one.

Only damage beside the loops was a bent up balance bar and broken tail motor.

This leads me to the inevitable fixing of the loops which I just finished and I will try in a few days. Used a piece of brass and epoxy.
Did you check for enough clearance on the bottom of the hoops with your addition. The ball links come very close to the hoops as it is when you apply Full AIL and ELV at the same time.
I think that is a possible cause of the hoops breaking on some units where the Ball link actually pushes on the hoop.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:11 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I don't think this heli requires mixing. The ELV only uses the ELV servo independent of the AIL servo. Same with the AIL, it only uses the AIL servo.
My mistake. I thought it had a 120° swashplate, but I might have been thinking of something else.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:11 PM
Brakes? Who Needs Brakes?
United States, WV
Joined Jun 2012
36 Posts
TopsToys.com, NEVER again!

Well I just thought I would write here to let everyone know that PayPal froze
the order amount on Oct 3rd and will be refunding my full purchase amount
in the next 5 to 10 days.

They said they did not get a reasonable response from TopsToys over this
dispute so they are closing the claim by creating the refund.

I will never again deal with Tops and I caution anyone else who thinks of dealing
with them -- Don't!

I am ordering my stuff from RC Roanoke and if they don't have it in stock, I will
order from HobbyKing from now on.

This has been a real experience -- I wanted my Heli back in the air Before Cold
Weather but now I might be flying it in the snow... LOL
jspcrepair is offline Find More Posts by jspcrepair
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:33 PM
Joined Oct 2012
883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinnerk View Post
The walkera 370 SD is designed for a 3s setup, you won´t get enough power out of it in the F45. Better try to go brushless.
From what I have been able to research, this motor is used in the V200D02, which uses a 2s setup (7.4v), so shouldn't it be OK? I basically want a drop-in type of motor, so would avoid going brushless.
Lentar is online now Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:01 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
From what I have been able to research, this motor is used in the V200D02, which uses a 2s setup (7.4v), so shouldn't it be OK? I basically want a drop-in type of motor, so would avoid going brushless.
The one for the V200 is 7.4v, but it's hard to say what the power is. The V200 weights a lot less than the MJX.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:07 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
This is a short inside test of my new flybar mod. It is fairly easy to handle now.
MJX F45 Flybar1 (0 min 47 sec)

Some pictures below of the flybar system and the swashplate.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:07 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Quote:
That's a much lighter heli and that motor was barely adequate.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:47 PM
Germany, BW, Göppingen
Joined Aug 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
This is a short inside test of my new flybar mod. It is fairly easy to handle now.
http://youtu.be/_njO6pgRtlI

Some pictures below of the flybar system and the swashplate.
That looks pretty damn good!

Did you use 450 or 250 paddles?
Stoersender is offline Find More Posts by Stoersender