SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:05 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname2x View Post
how to balance helicopter blade . I've never heard . just heard about balance prop
If you have a vibration in the blades, you need to balance or replace the blades.
To balance, you need to place the blades on a round shaft and find the center of gravity of the blade. Mark both blades at this point. Then match the blades to make sure the center of gravity is the same. If not add weight on on at the tip to get them both the same.
Once you have done this, weight each blade and add weight to the lighter blade at the center of gravity point you marked in the previous step until it is the same as the heavier blade. You will now have a perfectly balanced set of blades.
The flybar is more of an issue to balance. You need a dubro balancer to properly do this. All I can suggest is spinning the head without the main blades on and adding tape to the flybar until it spins vibration free. It'S trial and error with this method.
I use 5 minute epoxy to add weight once I determine how much needs to be added and where.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:17 AM
The Netherlands, UT, Nieuwegein
Joined Sep 2012
78 Posts
Guys,

Did anyone try to put bigger blades on the tail motor to gain more force in order to solve the tail spin problem ?

Just not shure if it would hit the main blades than ?
eminemin is offline Find More Posts by eminemin
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:12 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eminemin View Post
Guys,

Did anyone try to put bigger blades on the tail motor to gain more force in order to solve the tail spin problem ?

Just not shure if it would hit the main blades than ?
The blades are not the problem. It is the motor that does not have enough power and speed. Bigger blades would surely kill the motor fast.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:41 AM
Germany, BW, Göppingen
Joined Aug 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
Yes you're right.

Me neither.
I don't remember very well, but I think this was about what I had on my heli before I programmed max and min throttle.

I think you can programm it as many times as you want.
Try again !

Happy flying and smooth landing !

Roland
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
When you program for stick, make sure your tail motor is unplugged.
Program the stick positions and after you hear the final beeps to signal done as in the instructions, unplug the power to the pcb.
Leave the tail unplugged and bind again. Make sure you are getting just the 2 beeps for cell count when it binds and initializes the ESC.
I had issues with one ESC that it would often enter program mode on binding. I don't know if it was the ESC or. The way the pcb functioned.
Damn... I figured it out. The english manual that was send with the ESC is crap. I googled a little bit and found sthing that's really working:
  • Power up the ESC by plugging in the battery (no battery connection directly to the ESC).
  • Bind
  • ESC and PCB connected by the servo plug.
  • Throttle stick up.
  • Connect PCB with the battery -> double beep
  • Throttle down. -> double beep and a long beep

I didn't buy the 18A ESC, but the 30A... Was cheaper when I ordered it and has the same dimensions (and 6gr heavier, but that didn't matter).
Plus I wanted to be on the safe side, not overheating the ESC under full throttle.
Maybe since you got the 18A ESC, there was a better manual send with it. Mine was crap
Stoersender is offline Find More Posts by Stoersender
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:43 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
685 Posts
Hi, My ( electronic) stock F45 was consuming to much energy, battery was warmer than usual and flight was lasting half than usual. I changed the PCB and everything is back to normal now, hope it can help someone.

I changed my tail boom for a carbon 10 mm tube from Hobbyking. Fit is stiffer but great. Didn't have a crash yet, the real test is coming.

The nice orange cab from the S031, available in others colors, is quite easy to fit to the F45. The carbon tail fin of a V2 450 is also easy to fit. I got more agility with a reduction of the weight of the flybar, I really recommend this mod.

January 2013: I don't recommend the CF tail boom, both broken in two in a small crash. A lot less robust then stock boom.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Last edited by fauconnier; Jan 28, 2013 at 07:48 PM. Reason: new facts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:45 AM
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
Hi, My ( electronic) stock F45 was consuming to much energy, battery was warmer than usual and flight was lasting half than usual. I changed the PCB and everything is back to normal now, hope it can help someone.

I changed my tail boom for a carbon 10 mm tube from Hobbyking. Fit is stiffer but great. Didn't have a crash yet, the real test is coming.

The nice orange cab from the S031, available in others colors, is quite easy to fit to the F45. The carbon tail fin of a V2 450 is also easy to fit. I got more agility with a reduction of the weight of the flybar, I really recommend this mod.
I forgot , with the S031 cab, the motor stay a lot cooler.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:53 AM
Joined Oct 2012
802 Posts
Drop-in replacement for main motor and battery?

What are the preferred choices if you do not want to make any modification, and get at least the same performance as the original main motor (though a motor that would last longer would obviously be preferred!). Also what battery choice of the correct dimension and at least 1500 mAH like the original?
Best wishes,
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Last edited by Lentar; Oct 05, 2012 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Adding title
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:46 AM
Joined Jul 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
If you have a vibration in the blades, you need to balance or replace the blades.
To balance, you need to place the blades on a round shaft and find the center of gravity of the blade. Mark both blades at this point. Then match the blades to make sure the center of gravity is the same. If not add weight on on at the tip to get them both the same.
Once you have done this, weight each blade and add weight to the lighter blade at the center of gravity point you marked in the previous step until it is the same as the heavier blade. You will now have a perfectly balanced set of blades.
The flybar is more of an issue to balance. You need a dubro balancer to properly do this. All I can suggest is spinning the head without the main blades on and adding tape to the flybar until it spins vibration free. It'S trial and error with this method.
I use 5 minute epoxy to add weight once I determine how much needs to be added and where.
I did remove the blade , and let the flybar rotate alone . i hold it with hand and i can really feel my arm vibrate like hell . Yeah ... i try to balance with the tape at you said , but not sucess . I think the vibrate comming from motor itself and maybe from the big gear . because i did crash sometime .
noname2x is offline Find More Posts by noname2x
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:53 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
I did remove the blade , and let the flybar rotate alone . i hold it with hand and i can really feel my arm vibrate like hell . Yeah ... i try to balance with the tape at you said , but not sucess . I think the vibrate comming from motor itself and maybe from the big gear . because i did crash sometime .
Usuall the motor and main gear won't cause vibration unless the main gear is cracked or some teeth deformed or missing. Check the main shaft for straightness. It may have been bent in the crash.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:57 AM
Joined Jul 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
Usuall the motor and main gear won't cause vibration unless the main gear is cracked or some teeth deformed or missing. Check the main shaft for straightness. It may have been bent in the crash.
How can i take the flybar out ? I think about buy the new one and replace it .
noname2x is offline Find More Posts by noname2x
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:59 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:

I really like your aluminum guide on the head. I'll have to make one of those if I ever break a guide.
Very nice.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:01 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
How can i take the flybar out ? I think about buy the new one and replace it .
You need to get something to tap out the pin holding the flybar in the head. There where posts on using a watch strap pin remover to do this.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:48 AM
Germany, BW, Göppingen
Joined Aug 2012
70 Posts
Quote:

can you give us some closer photos of the alloy guide?
it looks interesting
Stoersender is offline Find More Posts by Stoersender
Old Oct 05, 2012, 02:47 PM
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoersender View Post
can you give us some closer photos of the alloy guide?
it looks interesting
Voila....
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:07 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Voila....
That's nice!
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Last edited by arrowshooter; Oct 05, 2012 at 03:14 PM.