HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:25 AM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Lentar -
As Roland says. The little bumps under the left hand skid supports are for a similar purpose - (i.e., to assist with a more vertical takeoff). Even tilts to the right at rest!

Best
John

Edit - see this was already in Rollmops answer - my mistake.
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:34 AM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Something of interest to those doing BL conversions maybe.

Standard Blade 9t mod 0.5 pinion is an exact fit on the EH200 motor - available in most LHS's for a few dollars. Blade item BLH1609. Works well for me.

PS - has anyone got a 2S substitute for the EH200 BL working yet?
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by OldOz; Oct 03, 2012 at 05:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:39 AM
Brakes? Who Needs Brakes?
United States, WV
Joined Jun 2012
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdawg View Post
The only one I trust in China is Hobbyking. they are in HongKong which is China ...but different.LOL...Usually 10 to 14 days delivery which I can live with and if they have in the USA warehouse 2 days.....ZDAWG
I have heard that HobbyKing is good, and since they DO have a US based
Warehouse, I will order from them if not RC Roanoke from now on.

I just had to open a dispute through PayPal over TopsToys because the last thing
they said was on Sept 19 and I have replied and emailed them but gotten nothing
back.

Thanks for listening and -- Sorry for posting this in a "Somewhat" unrelated topic
but I just had to let people know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note: I have been looking at the MJX F45 and I like it so I might be getting one
as soon as I get some other things in order.

Considering they are also a Fixed tail rotor (no swash or aileron control like 5 and 6 channel),
How well do they fly and last?
jspcrepair is offline Find More Posts by jspcrepair
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:04 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspcrepair View Post
On a side note: I have been looking at the MJX F45 and I like it so I might be getting one
as soon as I get some other things in order.

Considering they are also a Fixed tail rotor (no swash or aileron control like 5 and 6 channel),
How well do they fly and last?
Though I do not have any experience with CP helicopters, I have to say the F45 flies great. It does everything that I want it to, and can take a serious crash with maybe a minor scratch.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:27 PM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspcrepair View Post
I have heard that HobbyKing is good, and since they DO have a US based
Warehouse, I will order from them if not RC Roanoke from now on.

I just had to open a dispute through PayPal over TopsToys because the last thing
they said was on Sept 19 and I have replied and emailed them but gotten nothing
back.

Thanks for listening and -- Sorry for posting this in a "Somewhat" unrelated topic
but I just had to let people know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note: I have been looking at the MJX F45 and I like it so I might be getting one
as soon as I get some other things in order.

Considering they are also a Fixed tail rotor (no swash or aileron control like 5 and 6 channel),
How well do they fly and last?
Hobby King is great. I have just received my 44 order from them and have never had an issue.

The MJX has ELV add AIL control, just no pitch as it is fixed pitch.
The motor drive tail works very good and the gyro is exceptional for a cheap heli.
It compares to the Walkera V400D02 and the Blade SR.
Motor drive tails are not as good as belt or torsion, but they are also less trouble. There is no user set up required.

If you want a good, stable heli that you can fly without constant attention to orientation, you can't go wrong with this one.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:50 PM
Registered User
War Horse's Avatar
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspcrepair View Post
I have heard that HobbyKing is good, and since they DO have a US based
Warehouse, I will order from them if not RC Roanoke from now on.

I just had to open a dispute through PayPal over TopsToys because the last thing
they said was on Sept 19 and I have replied and emailed them but gotten nothing
back.

Thanks for listening and -- Sorry for posting this in a "Somewhat" unrelated topic
but I just had to let people know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note: I have been looking at the MJX F45 and I like it so I might be getting one
as soon as I get some other things in order.

Considering they are also a Fixed tail rotor (no swash or aileron control like 5 and 6 channel),
How well do they fly and last?
You cant go wrong with the F45, it will be one of the better helis you can get and it will lay a good foundation for flying CP helis in the future. In the meantime this one wont break the bank like a CP will. I've spent more money on minor crashs with my B450 than if I had bought 4 F45's.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:51 PM
Registered User
The Netherlands, NB, Valkenswaard
Joined Sep 2012
11 Posts
Hi everyone,

Im stil learning whit the f45, and not jet that far to go brussles.
I,m looking around to upgrade the main rotorblades, have one of jou experince what other than stok blades works wel?
Most peopele that write about other than stok, has a brussles motor, and those blades don,t work whit the stok motor.
dakie is offline Find More Posts by dakie
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:26 PM
Registered User
Germany, BW, Göppingen
Joined Aug 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakie View Post
Hi everyone,

Im stil learning whit the f45, and not jet that far to go brussles.
I,m looking around to upgrade the main rotorblades, have one of jou experince what other than stok blades works wel?
Most peopele that write about other than stok, has a brussles motor, and those blades don,t work whit the stok motor.
Don't use any other blades than the stock ones with the stock motor! I tried several and nothing is as good as the stock ones.



For wooden 8° pitch blades (white ones) the motor isn't turning fast enough. And the HoneyBee FP2 blades (black) are working best with a brushless motor, too.

So overall, keep it stock! It's the best solution if you plan on flying with the stock motor.

I've written a little conclusion into my blog, comparing stock blades to HB FP2 blades:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1738923
Stoersender is offline Find More Posts by Stoersender
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:34 PM
Registered User
Schiksie's Avatar
The Netherlands, GE, Weurt
Joined Sep 2012
374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Do you have all the hardware, like the brass bushings for the Balance Bar Rocker and the pin that goes through the Blade holder? If so I would love to know where you got them so I could do the same thing. I would like a third bird to experiment with.
Dont know the first part Arrow ......but here they have stuff i couldnt find anywhere like the screws and mainshaft iron :P

http://feala.com/


http://feala.com/mjx-F645-F45-RC-hel...-F45-parts.htm
Schiksie is offline Find More Posts by Schiksie
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:08 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schiksie View Post
Dont know the first part Arrow ......but here they have stuff i couldnt find anywhere like the screws and mainshaft iron :P

http://feala.com/


http://feala.com/mjx-F645-F45-RC-hel...-F45-parts.htm
Thank you. Those two pieces I am looking for will be tough.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:36 PM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakie View Post
Hi everyone,

Im stil learning whit the f45, and not jet that far to go brussles.
I,m looking around to upgrade the main rotorblades, have one of jou experince what other than stok blades works wel?
Most peopele that write about other than stok, has a brussles motor, and those blades don,t work whit the stok motor.
Back in the spring before I installed a brushless motor, I used the same 10 degree extreme blades I am now using, but put a 12 tooth mod.5 pinion on the stock motor to speed up the head speed. The drag on the motor was much the same as stock because of the lower pitch, but the head speed was increased which gave better response.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:19 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Color

Have too many red canopies. Couldn't help myself.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:02 PM
Registered User
The Netherlands, ZH, Rotterdam
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Have too many red canopies. Couldn't help myself.
I couldn't help myself too, but I had an extra tail and canopy, finished this today.

I'm decided not to decorate it any further, I hope this helps to see the helicopters orientation when it is far away, decoration often works like dazzle painting.

Regards
Flyor is offline Find More Posts by Flyor
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:40 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyor View Post
I couldn't help myself too, but I had an extra tail and canopy, finished this today.

I'm decided not to decorate it any further, I hope this helps to see the helicopters orientation when it is far away, decoration often works like dazzle painting.

Regards
Nice. I still need to do the tail parts too.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Last edited by arrowshooter; Oct 03, 2012 at 05:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:44 PM
Ol' Chap. MJX F45!
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2012
19 Posts
Can't wait for my F645, it's going to be a great one hopefully.
I'm thinking of adding a heat sink on once I get the hang of it.
Is this a good idea? I heard that it overheated pretty fast.
PCloud is offline Find More Posts by PCloud
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion On self stabilising single-rotor helis (FP/CP) and comparison to quadcopters and coax LMF5000 Electric Heli Talk 10 Apr 13, 2014 02:59 PM
Discussion UAV systems Single Rotor vs Multi Rotor iskoos UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 2 Jan 06, 2012 10:51 PM
Question Upgrading from Co-Axial to FP Single Rotor Judo JoNny Electric Heli Talk 57 Sep 20, 2010 12:10 PM
Discussion Best FP single rotor 4 CH Heli? helinewbie617 Micro Helis 76 Oct 31, 2009 07:16 PM
For Sale will trade my orbiter coaxial for a fp or cp single rotor heli micro heli Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Sep 05, 2007 01:36 PM