HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:27 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schiksie View Post
now all off a sudden the tail engine runs faster than the main engine so the heli starts spinning around when i try to lift off. This happens randomly and sometimes it still flies but als than i noticed that the lift off the heli is also far less than it used to be. Now i even cant fly it anymore cause most off the time the main engine is outpowered by the tail engine.

Cheers Schiksie
Maybe you have a gyro problrm, look here :
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...o#post22539589

Roland
Rollmops67 is online now Find More Posts by Rollmops67
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:14 AM
The Netherlands, GE, Weurt
Joined Sep 2012
377 Posts
Mmmm yes i read that one Roland....seems to be that problem exactly. Well have a new board incoming so that should fix it. Gonna try and solder this board when it arrives cause i have all the parts to build a second F45 from scratch :P. Do you know by any chance how the binding of the transmitter on a new receiver board will go ?
Schiksie is offline Find More Posts by Schiksie
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:24 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
I fly the MJX F45 for 2 months now and i love this helicopter cause its so fun to fly and its a good beginner helicopter.

But now i have a strange problem. 2 weeks ago in main flight the main engine died after just like 35 flights so i got a new engine and it was flying great again. Than 4 days later the tail engine also died and i also replaced it but than it started to act wierd. I had 5 normal good flights and it didnt crash but now all off a sudden the tail engine runs faster than the main engine so the heli starts spinning around when i try to lift off. This happens randomly and sometimes it still flies but als than i noticed that the lift off the heli is also far less than it used to be. Now i even cant fly it anymore cause most off the time the main engine is outpowered by the tail engine. Here is what i did to try and solve it :

- for the second time i replaced the main engine but that doesnt solve it. Now the few times it does fly it seems like that engine is still not getting full power goes to lift it up it has to be on full trottle.
- Also i replaced the tail engine again to see if that had a glitch in it...doesnt solve it.
- I reset the remote several times and adjusted the settings but also that dont fix it, also not in reset default values.
- i have 4 batteries so that cant be the problem.

Does anybody have any idea what is causing this ? Can it be something is wrong with the electronics on the mainboard ?
I have ordered a new mainboard to see if that maybe fixes it or does someone maybe have another sugestion ?
Also does does anyone know how i will link my transmitter to the new receiver board ? cause its not in the manual....or will this just go automatically ?

Cheers Schiksie
If the lift on the Heli is not good, it might be an indication that you have a power supply issue. You have changed both motors and have lots of batteries, so that should not be an issue.
Check the JST connector in the frame to make sure it is not corroded. Check all the wires from the up to the PCB. JST connectors are not the best and will often result in extreme power losses.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Sep 30, 2012, 02:55 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Which way does it rotate when you punch the throttle?
Hmmm... I can't actually remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
I don't think it will be a problem.
In this special case (cranking up the throttle to 100% very very fast) the tail is only overwhelmed (at least on my heli) as long as the RPM of the main rotor changes from lazy to crazy. The fast changing in RPM induces a high torque, once the rotor has stabilized, the tail rotor holds up fine.
But as I allready said, in normal fly you never have to (eehhh, I hope ) to crank up the throttle like that.
I flew 6 batteries (more or less 1h and 10 mn) with the brushless motor and had no issue with the tail not holding up.

Roland
I was out again this morning and for whatever reason when I blasted off like a madman the tail held just fine. So now I'm confused as I thought I had duplicated the result but today I tried a few times and the tail held just fine throughout. I can only guess that yesterday perhaps the wind contributed to the problem. I was in a completely different location today.

I love to skim along the ground at around 15-30cm altitude and sometimes I need to jam the throttle hard to avoid obstacles. I haven't had any problems in those situations yet. Have you noticed the body of the helicopter flopping around at times while the blades and flybar seem to be rotating quite smoothly? I think it happens most when trying to and up in a hover after a crazy move - especially when it's a bit windy.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New Quad Design
Old Sep 30, 2012, 03:49 PM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
640 Posts
First CP heli flight

Some weeks ago, I bought a Walkera V200D03.
After studying how to programm the Transmitter, understanding all the things that were new for me (throttle and pitch curves), buying some spare parts, and finaly feeling ready, I tried to take of and emptied 3 batteries in hovering.
Man, this thing is nervous in comparison to the F45 .
But at the same time it's also more precise.
But by taming the reactions (dual rate, less agressive throttle and pitch curves) it is managable, although, for now it's still a lot of stress (it remembers me the first flights I had with the F45 )

In conclusion : I still have lots to learn , and flying the F45 remains a lot of fun !

Have nice flights and smooth landings

Roland
Rollmops67 is online now Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Sep 30, 2012, 04:24 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
Some weeks ago, I bought a Walkera V200D03.
After studying how to programm the Transmitter, understanding all the things that were new for me (throttle and pitch curves), buying some spare parts, and finaly feeling ready, I tried to take of and emptied 3 batteries in hovering.
Man, this thing is nervous in comparison to the F45 .
But at the same time it's also more precise.
But by taming the reactions (dual rate, less agressive throttle and pitch curves) it is managable, although, for now it's still a lot of stress (it remembers me the first flights I had with the F45 )

In conclusion : I still have lots to learn , and flying the F45 remains a lot of fun !

Have nice flights and smooth landings

Roland
The more you fly it, the more you'll like it.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 04:49 PM
The Netherlands, GE, Weurt
Joined Sep 2012
377 Posts
Quote:
If the lift on the Heli is not good, it might be an indication that you have a power supply issue. You have changed both motors and have lots of batteries, so that should not be an issue.
Check the JST connector in the frame to make sure it is not corroded. Check all the wires from the up to the PCB. JST connectors are not the best and will often result in extreme power losses.
Hello Thirsk, no the connector is fine and that wouldnt explain why the tailmotor goes flat out even with a little throttle and is outrunning the mainmotor. I can also see now in binding...it seems to take longer as it should so i suspect that the gyro is not doing what it should do anymore. Ill just replace the board and than start fiddelibg around with this one :-). Its strange cause the heli flew just fine and had no hard crashes.

Well in the mean while iam flying my HBK 3 now :P and i have a Walkera V120D02S incoming also :-)
Schiksie is offline Find More Posts by Schiksie
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:32 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
i have all the parts to build a second F45 from scratch :P.
Do you have all the hardware, like the brass bushings for the Balance Bar Rocker and the pin that goes through the Blade holder? If so I would love to know where you got them so I could do the same thing. I would like a third bird to experiment with.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:46 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
I finally got a chance to do my FLybar modification.
It is the flybar that makes this heli a little docile.
I have removed the weights, shortened the rods, and install paddles with an additional weight for tuning.
The first test hovers in the house were almost unmanageable. After some tuning and changing. I took it outside for some testing. At 100%, it handles just about the same as my 450CP without dual rates.
I then set ElV and AIL to 80% and took it for a short fly. In fast forward flight, it is not very self stabilizing anymore, much like a collective pitch heli.
The only time it does have a tendency to self stabilize is when you move slowly or during hover.
I will post a video after some additional tuning.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:18 PM
Ol' Chap. MJX F45!
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2012
19 Posts
Hey guys, I'm ordering this heli and I wanted to make sure that this the 100% right helicopter for me!

I don't want to order a helicopter that I would end up regretting so I was wondering if someone could help me.

A few questions I have

#1: Is it very durable, does it break easily?
#2: I am a beginner with RC Helicopters (Or any RC Stuff) is this a bad heli to get when you're just starting?
#3: Is it worth it, or are there better helicopters out there?
#4: Are there any recommended MODS for me to install?
#5: Can it fly right out the box?

Please help! I really want to get a great plane. I am also thinking about ordering the camera that can be equipped to it.

Please if you can get back to be a.s.a.p I'd be grateful.
Thanks guys!

Regards, PCloud
PCloud is offline Find More Posts by PCloud
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:46 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCloud View Post
Hey guys, I'm ordering this heli and I wanted to make sure that this the 100% right helicopter for me!

I don't want to order a helicopter that I would end up regretting so I was wondering if someone could help me.

A few questions I have

#2: I am a beginner with RC Helicopters (Or any RC Stuff) is this a bad heli to get when you're just starting?

Please help! I really want to get a great plane. I am also thinking about ordering the camera that can be equipped to it.

Please if you can get back to be a.s.a.p I'd be grateful.
Thanks guys!

Regards, PCloud
It is very durable.
If you take it slow, it is a very stable Heli to learn on.
It is probably one of the best for the price.
You don't need any mods until you are comfortable flying the stock Heli.
Usually it does fly out of the box. As in anything, there are exceptions.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:27 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
It is very durable.
If you take it slow, it is a very stable Heli to learn on.
It is probably one of the best for the price.
You don't need any mods until you are comfortable flying the stock Heli.
Usually it does fly out of the box. As in anything, there are exceptions.
+1

Great heli if you have the room to fly it.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:27 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Since you will have both motors to try, you can give everyone a review after you have tested them.
The tail motor has only been an issue for some. Both Markkona and I have used the brushless and I have never had a tail issue.
The tail motor will just bearly handle the added power, but it does suffice. A brushless tail would solve any issues.
This combo will be the first up to bat. Park 370 4100kv Inrunner and a Turnigy 25A SC. Both should be at my door within the week. Now to find a programming card stateside.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Oct 01, 2012, 02:41 AM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
Joined Jun 2012
325 Posts
Guys, quick question: can anyone tell me the average RPM of the tail rotor in stock setup? Thanks
Darsh is offline Find More Posts by Darsh
Old Oct 01, 2012, 04:05 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, Rotterdam
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCloud View Post
1 yes and no, see my post http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post22368583
2 yes but if you never held an tx before, find a similator, this one is free http://sim.tomsrc.com/page.php?31
3 yes and yes but not for this price.
4 yes, but fly out of the box a while first, read this group a lot of tips and mods are there.
5 yes if you can

See the link below, read the Flying pages, you don't have to follow it but it might help to understand some things.
http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

Regards
Flyor is offline Find More Posts by Flyor