HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 07, 2012, 02:47 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,669 Posts
Nix dolles , nur der Testhüpfer vor dem Flug! MJX (0 min 41 sec)

Seems the MJX F45 can cheaply be turned into brushless the main motor at least!! I have to see if I find somewhere a good explanation before I embark on this new mod!!
markkona is online now Find More Posts by markkona
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2012, 06:11 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
Seems the MJX F45 can cheaply be turned into brushless the main motor at least!! I have to see if I find somewhere a good explanation before I embark on this new mod!!
I t dosn't look to good to me it looks like he has either no flying skills at all or that tail is uncontrolable and IMO if you are going to change motors ect you might as well just buy another heli with what you want in it or buy a Titain 450 cp
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old May 07, 2012, 06:22 AM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
I t dosn't look to good to me it looks like he has either no flying skills at all or that tail is uncontrolable and IMO if you are going to change motors ect you might as well just buy another heli with what you want in it or buy a Titain 450 cp
But if I understood correctly he said total cost was 35Euro!! I guess when main motor eventually dies for that price it will be a worthwhile upgrade no?? that is if you can make it work with the tail motor!! Did you see the vid Samuelson posted in the previous page flying with a 3cell lipo?? the F45 had tremendous power compared to stock battery but I think pcb life will be way shorter with prolonged use of that lipo IMO.
Old May 07, 2012, 10:28 AM
Heli Fever
Joined Feb 2011
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelsonbm View Post
Check my last video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a__NQ...ature=youtu.be

and here is a picture of the lake, flying 10 MJX F45 helicopters at the same time

its almost stock only servo arms mod, so for those who think that MJX is not a good outdoor flyier I made this video.

Samuel,
I like your video very much. How can you fly this heli more than 8 mins? I also want to mod my mjx F45. Have you changed to brushless motor? It seems that it handle wind quite well. Have you used wooden blade?
Besides, the mod in servo arms, What have you made with this heli? Using much more powerful battery?
Please give me hint!
hk_ho is online now Find More Posts by hk_ho
Old May 07, 2012, 11:24 AM
Joined Aug 2010
83 Posts
Quote:
But if I understood correctly he said total cost was 35Euro!! I guess when main motor eventually dies for that price it will be a worthwhile upgrade no?? that is if you can make it work with the tail motor!! Did you see the vid Samuelson posted in the previous page flying with a 3cell lipo?? the F45 had tremendous power compared to stock battery but I think pcb life will be way shorter with prolonged use of that lipo IMO.
I saaw that video but this guy is useing a brushless converter that is a totallt waste of money, he could conect the esc directly in the free servo chanel just as I did,

that saves money and its more effective (less electronics)

I had tried wooden blades but I still have the problem that they have only 8 degrees, my brushed 3 cell batery mod can spin them pretty well to lift the helicopter, but the tail motor cant hold that much speed!

so for the moment im still useing the stock blades, just with shims to tight them,
and Im useing the servo mod,

why can I fly 9-11 minutes?? I dont know maybe the Honey bee supper motor with the heat sink, is giving me the better performance

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESKY-Honey-b...item20b2ab9dac

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EK1-0224-000...item1e6d24aaa7

so today I have this:

flying pretty well

MJX F45 with:

Servo mod, shimm blades, honey bee supper motor 10t pinion, heat sink

flying little heavy (needs some work):

MJX F45 with

Servo mod, shim blades, honey bee supper motor 10t pinion, heat sink, and:

External 30 A brushed ESC, 1300 mAh 3 cell battery for main motor, 500 mAh 2 cell battery for the rest of the helicopter (this is what is flying in my video)

MJX F45 Rc helicopter MOD (3 min 59 sec)

working on:

MJX F45 with

Servo mod, hardder blades (could be wooden),brushless motor,

External 30 A brushless ESC, 1300 mAh 3 cell battery for main motor, 500 mAh 2 cell battery for the rest of the helicopter, Metal Swash plate mod (MUST SEE, this could be the best mod for flying outdoors)

loonger boom, so this will help the tail, to be stronger.

I will be mixing mods to have the better performance with still durable helicopter,

I will post pictures of the metal swash plate mod, im useing a Big lama swash plate, but needs some adjust it doesent fit) its longer balls to place the links will give more movement to the blades, so will be like 3 times the "servo mod"

Waiting for your coments
samuelsonbm is offline Find More Posts by samuelsonbm
Old May 07, 2012, 11:28 AM
Joined Aug 2010
83 Posts
Swash plate mod

check the pictres

This mod needs a mod in the swashplate stop plastic
Old May 07, 2012, 11:49 AM
Joined Apr 2012
108 Posts
Going outside for some outdoor fun and I wish I had a camera but while I wait for it I'm gonna mount my samsung galaxy on it and have some fun lol. Wish me luck hope the heli don't throw the phone out haha.. see you guys in 8 min

Ok I said 8 min but the battery said 2 min hahaha nevermind the samsung galaxy way too heavy and it only lift off for 2min suck suck. Charging battery for another go... cheers
TonganSojah is offline Find More Posts by TonganSojah
Last edited by TonganSojah; May 07, 2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: samsung galaxy way too heavy
Old May 07, 2012, 01:45 PM
Joined Apr 2012
108 Posts
Hey guys I'm charging my battery and it was red for 30 min but then it turns yellow???? I took it off unplug the charger and plug it in, the charger turns green then when I connect the battery it goes back to yellow.... hmm I don't know what's wrong hope its still charging...

Anyone have any idea?? Oh and I'm still using the stock battery and the charger
Old May 07, 2012, 03:51 PM
Joined Aug 2010
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonganSojah View Post
Hey guys I'm charging my battery and it was red for 30 min but then it turns yellow???? I took it off unplug the charger and plug it in, the charger turns green then when I connect the battery it goes back to yellow.... hmm I don't know what's wrong hope its still charging...

Anyone have any idea?? Oh and I'm still using the stock battery and the charger

mm it looks like your charger is dead, dont worry you didnt miss to much the stock charger sucks, even this charger its better:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Titan-B3-LiP...item1e6936a002

I have many of them, and they chaarger 1.5 A, so they battery is charged in 1 hour,

I know its better a slow charge for long life to your batteries, but for 7 USD per battery? I preffer to fly more the same day, and have to buy a LIPO soon, than flight less to take care of the Li-Ion batteries,
Old May 07, 2012, 04:38 PM
Joined Jan 2012
518 Posts
samuelsonbm that charger says it is for a 11 volt battery. Use caution.

TonganSojah do yourself a faver and spend a bit more and get a good charger.
Saying batteries are cheap is fine but plan ahead to the future.
freezywilly is offline Find More Posts by freezywilly
Old May 07, 2012, 05:07 PM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,669 Posts
Tonga your charger isn't dead the led turns yellow when the Lipo battery is almost fully charged don't worry leave it for another 10-20minutes charging and it will turn green and stop charging. I know ther are better chargers out there but I have 7.4v 6400mah batteries like the stock one and I have been charging them over a year with the cheap wall charger supplied with them nd they have held up fine so far.
Old May 07, 2012, 05:13 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezywilly View Post
samuelsonbm that charger says it is for a 11 volt battery. Use caution.

TonganSojah do yourself a faver and spend a bit more and get a good charger.
Saying batteries are cheap is fine but plan ahead to the future.
The charger does both, 2 and 3 cells. It is the same as a turnigy I have.
They work ok, but not as good as the computer balance chargers.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old May 07, 2012, 05:14 PM
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hk_ho View Post
Samuel,
I like your video very much. How can you fly this heli more than 8 mins? I also want to mod my mjx F45. Have you changed to brushless motor? It seems that it handle wind quite well. Have you used wooden blade?
Besides, the mod in servo arms, What have you made with this heli? Using much more powerful battery?
Please give me hint!
I get 9-11minutes flights too with stock battery only gripe I have is that stock motor gets very hot from 8 mins flight upwards so I try to stop flying after 6-7minutes to avoid burning it!!! I have a esky one on order but will use stock motor till it dies out or get very weak that it affects performance.
Old May 07, 2012, 06:05 PM
Joined Apr 2012
108 Posts
Quote:
Tonga your charger isn't dead the led turns yellow when the Lipo battery is almost fully charged don't worry leave it for another 10-20minutes charging and it will turn green and stop charging. I know ther are better chargers out there but I have 7.4v 6400mah batteries like the stock one and I have been charging them over a year with the cheap wall charger supplied with them nd they have held up fine so far.
Thanks for the info, yes I took off the battery for one min then charge it again and it was fine. And did you say that you have a 7.4 6400mah? Wow can it fit on the f45? That would be freaking sweet haha. Anyways if you know where I can buy it from then please give me the link. Thanks
Old May 07, 2012, 06:29 PM
Joined Aug 2010
83 Posts
MJX F45 Brushless Mod by Samuelson

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyxkH...eature=g-all-c

there is anything complicated in this mod

you only need a 18-30A Brushless ESC

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html

and a Brusless motor, the one that MOKI155 suggest

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_4100kv.html

looks pretty wel, because its light, fits on the frame and 4100 KV its a pretty good one

you only need to have the brushless motor and brushless esc

1.-Replace the brushed motor for the brushless motor,

2.-Connect the brushless motor to the brushless ESC,

3.- Connect the brushless ESC signal, to the free servo conector

4.- if you are going to use the same batteries you already have (suggested for those who want a plug and play mod) you need to make a Y JST (see the picture) must be 2 Cell 7.4v Battery

5.- (option) If you want to use 3 Cell battery, you dont need the Y conector, you need 2 batteries, one 2cell light weight (could be 500 mah battery) to conect in the PCB MJX helicopter, and a 3 cell battery 1000-1300 mAh to conect in the brushless ESC, (this option its difficult, and is not suggested for those who are not related to adapt things in helicopters) and is not proved to be better than 2 cell battery

RC Helicopter MJX F45 Brushless mod video UPGRADE (1 min 55 sec)

indeed theory of the formula the Rotor head speed will be like this

2 cell battery with the 25 A brushless Es and the 4100kv Brushless motor MOKI115

4100kv X 7.4 (average voltage) = 30340 RPM (motor)

X 10 (10 t pinion) / 140 marin gear teeth = 2167 RMP ( rotor head)

of course we have to take in mind the efficient % from factory, that could be like 90% still pretty good mod.

really good!! over 2000 RPM rotor head for a 12 degree blades its really good power, and the weight of the helicopter will be the same motor its lighter but the weight if the ESC will complete de 450 grams Total weight

and with a full charge battery the RPM of rotor head could be 24007

and has the next PROs:

you can use the same batteries you already have, you can use the same pinion so any mod in the frame will be needed.

2400-2000RPM rotor head full and average charged battery

in the other hand we have this motor

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_5250kv.html

with the same formula it will give us 3000- 2700 rotor head full and average charged battery that is Actually Too much for a 12 degree blades, maybe useing a 8t pinion will be better, or use a 8 degree wooden blades

PRO:

even more power

allows you yo use wooden blades 8 degree

CONS:

battery consumition (less time flight)

Need a new pinion the 2mm pinion doesnt fit on it. and a 3mm diameter pinion with 9-11t, could need a little mod in the frame holes to fit the motor without friction.

with wooden blades, the rotor speed head, could be too muhh for the tail motor,

so you will need:

hardder tail blade or

longer tail boom (to reduce the force needed.

will be as dangerous as a 450 helicopter.

For those who are starting with your MJX F45 helicopter, enjoy it brushed motor, and do this mod after 70 -100 flight when your brushed motor die.

Waiting for you coments suscibe yo my youtube channel!
Last edited by samuelsonbm; May 07, 2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: picture added