SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:18 PM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Hi Guys, New MJX wantabe pilot here.

Found this thread and read a bit here and there.

I've had my copter about a week. Today on my 5th flight I crashed into a tree. I misjudged the distance as I was about 50 yards out. The helicopter appears to be physically undamaged. I can't see any damage inside or out to the wires or the circuit boards, but now it will not bind. I recharged the battery and still no joy.

When I plug the battery in, the servos kick the push-rods up but that's it. I can here a mild beep when I turn on the transmitter, but no binding takes place.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Any ideas about what is wrong.

I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks
Crackup is offline Find More Posts by Crackup
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:08 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,503 Posts
Hey Crackup,
I seem to have the most luck when I plug in the F45 first, then turn on the transmitter about 1s later, do a throttle to top then bottom, wait a second, run through full motion on aileron and elevator, then I can usually spin right up.
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:12 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,503 Posts
Upgrading F45

Does anyone know what the screw sizes are that the EH200 uses? It looks like I may need to either set the pinion upside-down or put a spacer in between the motor and the mount to get it to line up with the main gear properly. Either way I'd like to have that screw size and the screw size for the main shaft. The main gear has a screw head that's stripped. I think I can get it off but I'd need to replace it with something.
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:16 AM
Joined Aug 2012
23 Posts
I'm planning to go brushless.. can the gurus provide me the details and links for to get the necessary parts..

What are the specifications that I need to look for when buying brushless motor?
What are the specifications that I need to look for when buying esc (I need to get this too right)?
What are the specifications that I need to look for when buying motor pinion or can i just the pinion that comes with the brushless motor?
Do I need to change the tail motor as well or can I just use stock motor? How about using HBV2 tail motor? Can it work?

In order to go brushless what else there do I need to modify or change?
Shazlee60 is offline Find More Posts by Shazlee60
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:51 AM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Shazlee -

Motor
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11881

Pinion
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=11198

ESC
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=2168

- all thanks due to Markkona's pioneering work earlier this year

Note - the 10T pinion isn't available just yet, but 9T and 11T are (from HK)

Good Luck!
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:00 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
770 Posts
To add to OldOz's post, the Stock tail will hold up just fine!

Only be sure to let it cool back to ambient temperature before flying again, as it gets a little hotter due to working a little harder.
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:25 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
Does anyone know what the screw sizes are that the EH200 uses? It looks like I may need to either set the pinion upside-down or put a spacer in between the motor and the mount to get it to line up with the main gear properly. Either way I'd like to have that screw size and the screw size for the main shaft. The main gear has a screw head that's stripped. I think I can get it off but I'd need to replace it with something.
Don't laugh!!! I used to screws from a broken wall switch, the small ones that are on the inside and secure the wiring to the switch from the back if I'm not mistaken!! The main shaft screw size?? I used a pinion that you have to hammer on gently to the shaft so don't know how to answer you there!! But if you go to a local ironmonger I guess they can find two screws and washers to fit to your EH200 BL motor!! Good luck
markkona is online now Find More Posts by markkona
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:33 AM
The Netherlands, UT, Nieuwegein
Joined Sep 2012
78 Posts
Trying to lift the heavy beast, it was not working..... find out it was spinning the wrong direction or not...

Kyosho Caliber 30 (0 min 44 sec)

MOV 0146 (1 min 35 sec)

No something ellse is wrong with the settings of my transmitter i think, blades spin the right direction
eminemin is offline Find More Posts by eminemin
Last edited by eminemin; Sep 20, 2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:46 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackup View Post
Found this thread and read a bit here and there.

I've had my copter about a week. Today on my 5th flight I crashed into a tree. I misjudged the distance as I was about 50 yards out. The helicopter appears to be physically undamaged. I can't see any damage inside or out to the wires or the circuit boards, but now it will not bind. I recharged the battery and still no joy.

When I plug the battery in, the servos kick the push-rods up but that's it. I can here a mild beep when I turn on the transmitter, but no binding takes place.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Any ideas about what is wrong.

I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks
Check the gyro. It is the square flat piece that sticks up on the PCB. It may have come loose. If your good at soldering, you may be able to reattach it. Some have had it fall off when just touching it after a crash.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:08 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Check the gyro. It is the square flat piece that sticks up on the PCB. It may have come loose. If your good at soldering, you may be able to reattach it. Some have had it fall off when just touching it after a crash.
Mmhh...
I allready had a gyro problem, but that didn't prevent binding of the transmitter.
The only effect was that the tail motor ran allways at full speed.

Take a look under the main printed circuit board, the receiver circuit is connected there, maybe there's a problem here...

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:34 AM
Joined Aug 2012
71 Posts
does anyone have tips to set up the tx?
it's seems like it came standard with everything at 90 percent.

What all did this mean?
totse is offline Find More Posts by totse
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:11 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
I think they are 2.6mm. I used a 3mm CF spacer in mine and epoxied in place. I wanted to beaf up the motor mount and it served both purposes.
I have several screw assortments for metrics. If you have a local hooby shop, they will have Jesus bolts that will work for you main gear. Also, there is thread lock for plastic part number 19920 made by permatex that you might want to use on there.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:13 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
Mmhh...
I allready had a gyro problem, but that didn't prevent binding of the transmitter.
The only effect was that the tail motor ran allways at full speed.

Take a look under the main printed circuit board, the receiver circuit is connected there, maybe there's a problem here...

Roland
If only some of the connctions are bad, it probably would bind. I can't say for sure on this heli, but on most all in one boards, the gyro check is part of the binding process and if it fails, binding stops.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:28 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eminemin View Post
Trying to lift the heavy beast, it was not working..... find out it was spinning the wrong direction or not...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SNucShsL68

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsAq-7c_9e8

No something ellse is wrong with the settings of my transmitter i think, blades spin the right direction
My guess is the swash plate is not level.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:00 AM
Still learning to fly
Germany, SH, Lubeck
Joined Aug 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
If only some of the connctions are bad, it probably would bind. I can't say for sure on this heli, but on most all in one boards, the gyro check is part of the binding process and if it fails, binding stops.
I remember someone wrote some days ago, he had a problem with binding. The problem in this case was a defect in the mode switch. I mean the switch on the left and right side, to toggle the stickmode, maybe he should check this.
Hinnerk is offline Find More Posts by Hinnerk