to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:27 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
It probably won't fit under the PCB mouning tray.
The one Rexless pointed out will fit. It is the biggest and best choice anyone has found that will fit.
BThirsk is online now Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:34 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,475 Posts
Quote:
It looks like a good fit but for the price I am more than happy with what I have. If anything it has me up in the air too long already.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 12, 2012, 06:01 PM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
It probably won't fit under the PCB mouning tray.
The one Rexless pointed out will fit. It is the biggest and best choice anyone has found that will fit.
I am very sure that the Turnigy is tops, but:
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Sep 12, 2012, 06:21 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,757 Posts
Quote:
I guess someone would have to buy it and see what mah it really has.
If it is smaller than the original at that power, they have better technollogy than anyone else.
BThirsk is online now Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Sep 12, 2012, 06:28 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I guess someone would have to buy it and see what mah it really has. If it is smaller than the original at that power, they have better technology than anyone else.
Especially considering it's 18g lighter to boot.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 12, 2012, 06:33 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
765 Posts
I would get the Turnigy Nano-Tech for sure. They have much better voltage holding, ie while flying the battery will drop from 8.4 to 7.9 within a minute or 2, then sit around 7.6-7.8v for most the flight and only drop once it is depleted. Where as the stock seems to drop fairly steadily from 8.4 down to flat in a more linear manner.

(ps those voltages are load voltages, when you stop flying the voltage will rise again by 0.2-0.4v or so)

Also that 2200mAh battery may just fit, but I very much doubt it's really 2200mAh, unless it's only 5C or something pathetic..

2000mAh NanoTech is by far the best choice. Also it can be charged up to 5C happily, that's 10A! Giving a charge time of only 12 minutes. Although to be safe I'd only charge it around 2-3C. With the B6 or Accucel6 you can only go up to 5A charge rate anyway which is 2.5C for this battery.
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:08 PM
Joined Aug 2012
71 Posts
The nanotech looks like the best option to me too..
but it looks like it ships from singapore

Im super impatience..I might try to find an US seller before i got for that one. I dont want another month long wait like i got from banggood
totse is offline Find More Posts by totse
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:16 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Joined Apr 2012
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by totse View Post
The nanotech looks like the best option to me too..
but it looks like it ships from singapore

Im super impatience..I might try to find an US seller before i got for that one. I dont want another month long wait like i got from banggood
Hobbykings international warehouse is in hong kong I'm pretty sure. Either way, when I've ordered from them it only takes 7-10 business days MAX to Australia via regular shipping. And this is for LiPo's not just non volatile parts.
Just don't order over the weekend as it sometimes takes a few days for them to process the weekends worth of orders. I suggest order on Wednesday's.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:14 PM
The Netherlands, UT, Nieuwegein
Joined Sep 2012
78 Posts

http://www.topstoys.com/mjx-rc-helic...ah-p-1344.html
eminemin is offline Find More Posts by eminemin
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:34 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Joined Apr 2012
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eminemin View Post
Still think the Turnigy NanoTech is better and still don't totally believe the 2200mah rating.

To be honest the Turnigy is worth getting just so you don't have the drop in performance after 5mins flying. I find the stock battery got weak after 5 mins in the air, even though it still had 7.8v. My turnigys however don't feel weak until around 10mins. And the extra C output gives greater power at full charge to. Especially good for emergency throttle pumps
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:42 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
Still think the Turnigy NanoTech is better and still don't totally believe the 2200mah rating.

To be honest the Turnigy is worth getting just so you don't have the drop in performance after 5mins flying. I find the stock battery got weak after 5 mins in the air, even though it still had 7.8v. My turnigys however don't feel weak until around 10mins. And the extra C output gives greater power at full charge to. Especially good for emergency throttle pumps
Not to mention this is a Li-Lion not a Li-Po Battery and I wouldn't bother with it as Li-Po's are better.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:50 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, Rotterdam
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
Quote:
Is the left one your stock battery? That seems to be a Li-ion, my stock battery looks the same but is a Li-Po according to the info on it
Flyor is offline Find More Posts by Flyor
Old Sep 13, 2012, 05:03 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Joined Apr 2012
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyor View Post
Is the left one your stock battery? That seems to be a Li-ion, my stock battery looks the same but is a Li-Po according to the info on it
yea... they all say its a LiPo but we as a group here at RCG have a strong feeling that it is a Li-ion. Either they are trying to trick us, or they simply don't realise there is a difference.

They DO make LiPo's in round cells, but they are usually expensive rather than cheap.

Also someone mentioned charging their stock battery as a Li-Ion with the iMax B6 (to 8.2v) and only got a few minutes out of it. I have always charged my stock battery as a Li-ion to 8.2v and it flies around 10-12 minutes just fine.. (LiPo's charge to 8.4v)
Old Sep 13, 2012, 05:32 AM
Germany, BY, Passau
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
yea... they all say its a LiPo but we as a group here at RCG have a strong feeling that it is a Li-ion. Either they are trying to trick us, or they simply don't realise there is a difference.

They DO make LiPo's in round cells, but they are usually expensive rather than cheap.

Also someone mentioned charging their stock battery as a Li-Ion with the iMax B6 (to 8.2v) and only got a few minutes out of it. I have always charged my stock battery as a Li-ion to 8.2v and it flies around 10-12 minutes just fine.. (LiPo's charge to 8.4v)
LiPo or Li-ion ???
The Stock Charger has 8.4V Output so it must be a LiPo....
Or they put the wrong Charger into it....
mooses866 is offline Find More Posts by mooses866