HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:39 AM
The Netherlands, UT, Nieuwegein
Joined Sep 2012
78 Posts
Yesterday, flew my F645 with windspeeds up to 28km

Crashed for 3 times and one of the times i even managed to crash the thing to the only car that was parked in the whole area, yes.. my own car !

Even though except some scratches on my car, the heli is still without damage.
Its just to much windspeed to handle without any modifications, you can realy feel that it have not enough power to handle it. Ones the wind picks it up its very difficult to get out that direction without using a lot of space and for that risc of losing the connection.

Anyway still think the best way to control the heli is to go out there and throw the heli in the wild

I have a video but its just to embarassing to show, its recorded by someone who just dont now how to hold the camera in his hands...

Greets

PS. Yes i tried to keep it low
eminemin is offline Find More Posts by eminemin
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:03 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyor View Post
My blade holders didn't have to much play, so the shims made it too tight I guess, but a sweet spot should be right, a litlle play keeps it from rocking, too much play makes it slower to respond.

Regards
The sweet spot is to shim and tighten the blade grip until you just remove the clearance. The blades should have just enough friction to hold themselves straight. A slight shake of the heli should allow them too move. When the blades get up to speed, the blades should be able to find their center.
I have only had the bobbing effect once and I think it is an issue with the flybar trying to stabilize the heli and and you are hovering/descending in your own blade was. Changing to forward flight immediately corrected the situation.
BThirsk is online now Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:30 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Hi BThirsk,

I have been looking into them for quite a while now and they have very good reviews and you can vertualy hover hands free.
Here is the link to the US seller parkrcmodels.com
And the Forums Park Flying Models
Skyartec

I would like to get one direct from Park Flying Models in the US but Postage would kill me so I will have to get one from either China or Australia which comes from China anyway.

Reviews. Skyartec X3
Skyartic X3V3
Maybe they'll cut you a deal and you can promote in Australia.
I can't wait for your reviews. I would try one, but I just bought a Walkera MasterCP and I'm budgeted out right now. It is about the same size only has a 6 axis gyro. I wanted to try one with the 6 axis to see what it's like. If it flies as good as my 120, I'll be happy.
These guys are out of stock right now, but good price for you.
Last edited by BThirsk; Sep 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:02 AM
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
The sweet spot is to shim and tighten the blade grip until you just remove the clearance. The blades should have just enough friction to hold themselves straight. A slight shake of the heli should allow them too move. When the blades get up to speed, the blades should be able to find their center.
I have only had the bobbing effect once and I think it is an issue with the flybar trying to stabilize the heli and and you are hovering/descending in your own blade was. Changing to forward flight immediately corrected the situation.
Thanks BThirsk and others for advise. I had not shimmed the blades yet and they were pretty sloppy. The gyro was also tilted off to one side so I straightened it out. That may have happened in one of the crashes though. I will try again tonight.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:45 PM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eminemin View Post
Its just to much windspeed to handle without any modifications, you can realy feel that it have not enough power to handle it. Ones the wind picks it up its very difficult to get out that direction without using a lot of space and for that risc of losing the connection.
Hello !

When the wind is about to take my heli away, I have a solution :
I place the heli perpendicular to the wind (so the wind comes from the left or the right side), and use the aileron to fight the wind.
It has more authority sideways then forth or back.
Try that the next time it's windy

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Last edited by Rollmops67; Sep 12, 2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:51 PM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
650 Posts
New heli !

Today a new helicopter arrived at home, a Walkera V200D03 with a CP head.
This will be the next step after the F45.
I will begin to study the user manuals of the heli and of the transmitter extensively and have lots of other flights with my F45s, before I take the Walkera in the air.
No 3D flying intended for now, I preffer more "realistic" flying.

That said, today, to have my fix, I flew 2 batteries on the F45, it was a little windy (that's a good training !) and I had lots of fun !
And today Hobbyking shipped my EH 200 motor and the ESC.

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:07 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
Hello !

When the wind is about to take my heli away, I have a solution :
I place the heli perpendicular to the wind (so the wind comes from the left or the right side), and use the aileron to fight the wind.
It has more authority sideways then forth or back.
Try that the next time it's windy

Roland
I mostly agree with Roland. I have often had luck turning sideways to the wind, fighting with full aileron while also diving hard forward, punching the throttle to build up forward speed, then diving into the wind. It's a bit freaky as I find the helicopter will dive towards the ground quite fast at times and I've had a few close calls, but this move has saved me more than once.
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:12 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinnerk View Post
Yes, LiPo is the mode you should use. At the end not just look at the complete voltage, meassure each cell to check out, if the ballancer is OK. A difference of 0.01 to 0.02 is OK, more ist bad
LiPo is the way. The battery I charged on LiIo only lasted 3 minutes. Thanks for the help.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:14 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Shimming helped, no more bobbing! I should have done that to start but was in a hurry to get this one in the air. Thanks to all who suggested.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:42 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
Want to see what happens when you don't buy a simple $3 voltage meter/buzzer-alarm?

"Oh the Carnage"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srupzD0QdQE
A stop watch (I use the one on my cell phone) is the next best thing. Limit my flights to 8 min with a fully charged stock battery.

Looks like she took a pretty good hit ... guess you fulfilled your board name.

Might want to just order a whole new F45 and use that one for spare parts.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:46 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
Today a new helicopter arrived at home, a Walkera V200D03 with a CP head.
This will be the next step after the F45.
I will begin to study the user manuals of the heli and of the transmitter extensively and have lots of other flights with my F45s, before I take the Walkera in the air.
No 3D flying intended for now, I preffer more "realistic" flying.

That said, today, to have my fix, I flew 2 batteries on the F45, it was a little windy (that's a good training !) and I had lots of fun !
And today Hobbyking shipped my EH 200 motor and the ESC.

Roland
You will love it once you get used to it. If you have Phoenix Flight sim, the Blade SR flies closest to what that one will if you want to practice up.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 02:05 PM
The Netherlands, UT, Nieuwegein
Joined Sep 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
I mostly agree with Roland. I have often had luck turning sideways to the wind, fighting with full aileron while also diving hard forward, punching the throttle to build up forward speed, then diving into the wind. It's a bit freaky as I find the helicopter will dive towards the ground quite fast at times and I've had a few close calls, but this move has saved me more than once.
Yes, thats something what have to get in to my vingers as long as i practise and i even do when i fly but likeyou say sometimes it almost with the speed of the wind it dives to the ground and most time you can save it but this time it came sidewarts i lost control and it crashed sidewards to the side of my car

Its recorded very bad but you can see the wind is all the time trying to get the heli in his grip, i try to control it but its not a easy thing. Dont listen to the guy who is talking in the video its not me and he is annoying without any knowledge about the hobby..

MJX F45 F645 Helicopter with much wind (3 min 21 sec)
eminemin is offline Find More Posts by eminemin
Old Sep 12, 2012, 02:25 PM
Joined Aug 2012
71 Posts
has anyone found a reliable battery for this heli. i notice a lot of people experimenting. But can't find any sure answers.

otherwise i will by a spare stock battery
totse is offline Find More Posts by totse
Old Sep 12, 2012, 02:33 PM
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by totse View Post
has anyone found a reliable battery for this heli. i notice a lot of people experimenting. But can't find any sure answers.

otherwise i will by a spare stock battery
I am getting steady 9 - 9.5 minutes out of my stock packs with alarm set to 3.4v.
I don't feel the need for a LiPo at this point.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 03:12 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,535 Posts
Excellent Lipo for Stock F45
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=23820
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless