HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 02, 2012, 09:59 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,698 Posts
Thanks for that video, markkona, it looks like this heli does what I want it to do with no cheap 3 axis gyro gremlins (Walkera V370D01). This does not look boring to me. It is flying at fast speeds in both directions and it looks like wind is going from right to left in this video, is that correct. You say this is with a BL motor, a reasonable upgrade after frying the original motor. How do you plug an ESC into this board? Is there a throttle out? The brushed ESC is built in, right? I'm going to have to add this to my collection, but maybe in October, after I get rid of something I don't fly. I already have airsoft rifles on the way this month!

Another question, can servos be replaced with standard 9g servos if they fail? Like the HXT900? I have lots of those.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:05 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
I recommended the V370D01 to an experienced "beginner" several years ago. He had unusual circumstances (product availability, location, constant wind, budget, etc.). It did not turn out so good. Durability and reliability were poor. The early 3 axis gyro model used performs poorly. It was basically the original crappy UFly with a flybarless head, so most people avoided it. It has everything you don't want in a heli (poor motors, gear driven tail, weak servos, bad gyro, and flimsy head).
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Sep 02, 2012, 12:13 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
I recommended the V370D01 to an experienced "beginner" several years ago. He had unusual circumstances (product availability, location, constant wind, budget, etc.). It did not turn out so good. Durability and reliability were poor. The early 3 axis gyro model used performs poorly. It was basically the original crappy UFly with a flybarless head, so most people avoided it. It has everything you don't want in a heli (poor motors, gear driven tail, weak servos, bad gyro, and flimsy head).

Yep! However, it did teach me to "balance on a ball" and progress in my learning. It's a challenge to hold a hover, while it looks like the F45 hovers like a coax pretty much
Old Sep 02, 2012, 12:53 PM
Spain, Valencian Community, Burriana
Joined Mar 2012
119 Posts
well guys this has been the result of the flight on Friday with air, with the new lipo did very well, also thanks to the mod of the servo ran much, save a couple of compromising situations, but in the end I could not stop and tap first to a signal of traffic and then a paper, single has broken the tail (the tube) and main shaft, already have asked for it, good also the axle bolt (it has been impossible to remove it and I asked for a new one)... next flight cut before...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Geso is offline Find More Posts by Geso
Old Sep 02, 2012, 01:45 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Yep! However, it did teach me to "balance on a ball" and progress in my learning. It's a challenge to hold a hover, while it looks like the F45 hovers like a coax pretty much
I hope you aren't the beginner I recommended the V370D01 to.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Sep 02, 2012, 02:25 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,698 Posts
No, although I do think we spoke about it at one point. It was a gift from my father, so I am determined to make it fly. I put smaller Big Lama blades on it to increase headspeed, and after I replace the expensive stripped servo, I'm going to turn the gyro gains down a bit to see if it will stop moving itself. It either overcorrects or resists then allows sudden movement. I've had this thing stand on it's tail many times.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 05:06 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank183 View Post
I finally found the time to change the main shaft of my F45. Now, everything worked well and everything looked good to me.

First test flight in the garage turned out that it rolled left and flew forward and I needed about 40% aileron trim to the right and some 20% elev. trim to the back to hover stable. I found this a bit weird, but ok.

Now, in the grass the heli turned out to hover stable but in flight it very quickly went out of control. When I was frustrated before that I wasn't able to nick and roll enough now it was the opposite. After rolling either right or left and kept on rolling towards this direction and even full stick input to the opposite direction had almost no effect. Same with foward/backward. It just kept on rolling and crashed.

After the crashes I often found that one of the connecting rods to the flybar was disconnected, but not always.

Now I double checked everything. On the ground the servo movements looked just fine to me. Having the rotor spinning on the ground with 15% or so and moving the sticks into any direction it looked just fine to me. I compared the whole rotor head from swash plate to flybar with my other F45 and everything looks and moves just the same.

This is really strange. Has anybody ever experienced such a thing ? Is it possible to mount something wrong ?

I would be grateful for any hint ...

Best regards
Frank
Can the Flybar move freely? and is it balanced?

If the flybar is stiff, it can cause the heli to get stuck flying in one direction. I have experienced this problem on my small SoloPro 260a (100 size).

Especially since you mentioned the dogbone links were coming off, I have a feeling something is restricting the flybars movement. Whether its the pivot pin, or one of the ball links is stiff. Check all the moving parts of the head and make sure they move freely.

It is also possible one of the dogbone links is TOO loose, and falls off mid flight and causes the crash. So also check they don't pop off too easily
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:14 PM
geo68
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geso View Post
well guys this has been the result of the flight on Friday with air, with the new lipo did very well, also thanks to the mod of the servo ran much, save a couple of compromising situations, but in the end I could not stop and tap first to a signal of traffic and then a paper, single has broken the tail (the tube) and main shaft, already have asked for it, good also the axle bolt (it has been impossible to remove it and I asked for a new one)... next flight cut before...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
looks like a new mustang in scrap yard
geo68 is offline Find More Posts by geo68
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:17 PM
geo68
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
The more i look, the more i get ill.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:37 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Sorry for your misfortune Geso. Have crashed (all) mine on occasion into just about everything, including a brick wall.
All but once, could fly away from the scene - F45 is one tough bird.
Not quite clear from your post how your own disaster happened, but hope you're back in the air soon
Best
John
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by OldOz; Sep 02, 2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:50 PM
geo68
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz View Post
Sorry for your misfortune Geo. Have crashed (all) mine on occasion into just about everything, including a brick wall.
All but once, could fly away from the scene - F45 is one tough bird.
Not quite clear from your post how your own disaster happened, but hope you're back in the air soon
Best
John
This wasn't my crash but feel the pain
Old Sep 02, 2012, 09:11 PM
geo68
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
It's going on 3 weeks since i had mine in flight.
Main motor strong, tail burnt, cracked gyro traces, waiting hurts. Gonna throw it in garbage and spend on better. Do more research and find. It sucks lookin at a promising option, only to be disappointed. Some R good and i got crap. Mainland version is best. F45 not f645. Gonna go poke some chinese swank! see ya!
Old Sep 02, 2012, 09:21 PM
geo68
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
ooops she seen that, oh well. I LOVE RC!!!!!!!!!!!! puddy is good too but you cant make it work with a TX.. or can U
Old Sep 02, 2012, 09:32 PM
John
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Geo - well, your names were similar! (fixed)
This purports to come from MJX itself: price is for two, but picture clearly shows Chinese box.
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
Agree others have said F45 is better, but mine are F645. OK ....so far! (300+ flights).
Luck!
John
PS - depends on what the servo is connected to?!
OldOz is offline Find More Posts by OldOz
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 02, 2012, 09:34 PM
geo68
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
I miss and i miss my lady f45