SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 10, 2012, 08:26 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmewse View Post
Hi all, I've done 6 flights now with mine and it's going pretty well, i do have a Q though.

can the throttle response be tuned at all? as in hover i have to adjust the stick quite a lot to keep height (indoors) it's either just to much or not quite enough to hold altitude.

Also can anyone suggest any exercises for improving my control and confidence?
The throttle/height issue is common on fixed pitch helis. Also, the smaller the room, the more it affects this Heli as it is quite large and moves a lot of air inside.
Get outside and do low figure eights so you get the feel of the controls.
Do circles around you both ways.
Then do circles in front of you both ways.
This will help you master the controls and orientation.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2012, 08:41 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
You should see the enormous amount of properties for sale we have in Malta plus old houses abandoned and falling apart and yet they keep on claiming new land and building even if there are no buyers for all these empty apartments!!! Even built up areas are being defaced coz from 3 years back villas are being sold and turned into these apartment blocks I will soon be flying my F45 on an obstacle course of low and high buildings hehe
We a lucky in Canada. We have so much land set aside for parks and still enough for the developers as you can see in many of the videos posted.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 09:04 AM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Yep I am retired as of 1996 due to health, I have Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia (Complicated) which also includes up to 47+ nurological disorders and I am wheelchair bound so I have all day to play with my heli's
That remembers me what I saw last month :
I was driving home from holidays in Austria on my motorcycle, and suddenly saw a RC helicopter flying about 300 feet at my right.
I saw then there was a little RC-field not far from the street, an, curious as I am, I went there.
Well the heli was a big and superb ALIGN T-REX 700 and...
the guy flying it was in a wheelchair.
So you are not the only one, Whizgig !

I wish you a not too difficult move, and still many hours of flying your F45

Regards, Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:53 PM
Micro Heli mods
Finland, Tuusula
Joined Mar 2012
181 Posts
BL tail

I don't understand my BL tail motor...

I have these parts:
- brushed to brushless converter: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xtreme-Bru...d=373906723707
- Turnigy 1230 BL 4500kv inrunner: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_4500kv.html
- Turnigy 6A ESC: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html

The converter works fine and motor also when running slow on the ground.

But when i put more power (turn head right on the ground) it kind of cuts off....and doesn't start until i stop running the main motor (turn the throttle off)

Is there some settings wrong with the ESC or is the BL inrunner totally wrong to work with my ESC ?
Tumppi T is offline Find More Posts by Tumppi T
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Tumppi T; Aug 10, 2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:02 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,525 Posts
None of these links work...
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:10 PM
Micro Heli mods
Finland, Tuusula
Joined Mar 2012
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
None of these links work...
Thank's. I fixed the links
Tumppi T is offline Find More Posts by Tumppi T
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: VCTRC 450 Pro V2 (T-Rex clone)
Old Aug 10, 2012, 03:39 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumppi T View Post
I don't understand my BL tail motor...

I have these parts:
- brushed to brushless converter: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xtreme-Bru...d=373906723707
- Turnigy 1230 BL 4500kv inrunner: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...or_4500kv.html
- Turnigy 6A ESC: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html

The converter works fine and motor also when running slow on the ground.

But when i put more power (turn head right on the ground) it kind of cuts off....and doesn't start until i stop running the main motor (turn the throttle off)

Is there some settings wrong with the ESC or is the BL inrunner totally wrong to work with my ESC ?
The controller has a low volt cut-off.
First, set the cut-off to soft. It would be nice if you could turn that off, but most you can't.
Next, set the low voltage cut-off to the lowest setting.
I am assuming your ESC is getting it's power directly from the battery?

Also, on the converter, what type of signal is it designed for. They are not all the same.
Maybe draw a diagram of how you have everything wired.
Last edited by BThirsk; Aug 10, 2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 06:04 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
This is my latest project could have bought a lot of Mjx f45's but I got sick of waiting for parts all the time and burnt pcb and motors. Soooooooooooo I went for broke.

Ray
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Aug 10, 2012, 06:22 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc4 View Post
This is my latest project could have bought a lot of Mjx f45's but I got sick of waiting for parts all the time and burnt pcb and motors. Soooooooooooo I went for broke.

Ray
You probably made a wise move. You got the TREX right off the batt.
Most of us buy cheap clones and then replace half the pieces with align parts.
Let us know how the co-pilot works.
I have the Flymentor on my 600, but I broke the tail slider cause I was too stupid to recheck gyro direction before testing. 2 weeks wait for new one.
I'll be curious to see how they compare.
Maybe went you get comforatable with it, you could do a little video and put on your blog area.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 06:39 PM
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
You probably made a wise move. You got the TREX right off the batt.
Most of us buy cheap clones and then replace half the pieces with align parts.
Let us know how the co-pilot works.
I have the Flymentor on my 600, but I broke the tail slider cause I was too stupid to recheck gyro direction before testing. 2 weeks wait for new one.
I'll be curious to see how they compare.
Maybe went you get comforatable with it, you could do a little video and put on your blog area.
I tried to set the whole thing up on a Futaba 10C and couldn't get the Align 780 Gyro to work. So I said to hell with it and set it up on a Flysky 9 TH (same as Turnigy 9 TX) Works fine in level flight. I'm no Allen Szbo but it's as great or better than 4 ch and it loves the wind. Lift off is a little nerve racking putting all your trust in computer, Haven't done any crazy stunts yet. I probably would get shot if I brought it home in pieces.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 06:52 PM
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
The IR remote for the Co-pilot is awesome in pre flight mode it gives weather, checks everything levels swash plate to whatever terrain your sitting on and gives you a "good to go flying" if something is wrong it will alert you before lift off. Only had it up a few times but it impressed me. They also make a system for 4 ch helis for about 60-70 USD.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined Oct 2011
95 Posts
F45-645 parts

For anyone in the states..[url]http://www.rcroanoke.com...will be selling parts as of Aug 13. I used them alot on the 9116 and they are easy to work with...In Virginia and 3 day delivery to most states.
ZDAWG
zdawg is offline Find More Posts by zdawg
Old Aug 11, 2012, 01:21 PM
Spain, Valencian Community, Burriana
Joined Mar 2012
119 Posts
do you know of any website that sells the bnf f45? I have just broken the pcb, but but the bnf is very expensive prefer have one spare and to modify it...: Rolleyes:
Geso is offline Find More Posts by Geso
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:54 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geso View Post
do you know of any website that sells the bnf f45? I have just broken the pcb, but but the bnf is very expensive prefer have one spare and to modify it...: Rolleyes:
Fire cabbage on aliexpress sell a not completely assembled F45. I think it was about 80 to 85 US dollars including freight.
Can be used for parts or you can finish assembly for complete unit.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 03:23 AM
Spain, Valencian Community, Burriana
Joined Mar 2012
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Fire cabbage on aliexpress sell a not completely assembled F45. I think it was about 80 to 85 US dollars including freight.
Can be used for parts or you can finish assembly for complete unit.
I I buy a rtf unit at fire cabbage about 84 $
Geso is offline Find More Posts by Geso