HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:01 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
rexless's Avatar
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,527 Posts
Well I found this for EH-200
http://www.aeorc.com/english/?product-148.html
http://www.electriflite.co.uk/store/...h200-4100.html
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:55 AM
Eternal beginner
Rollmops67's Avatar
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juang1430 View Post
Hi there Chris....... My f45 seems a bit wobbly starting a few days back. I don't quite sure why, although it has crossed my mind that maybe the wind is the main culprit here as I usually flew it below the ceiling fan.. And when I switched off the fan, the wobbling decreased... However, it just won't go away fully... I never crashed the heli and its only flown indoor todate.. Any solution to this?
Good morning !

It could come from a bent flybar that hasn't be well restraighten...
Also test your servos, if the arms have too much free play, this can also be a reason.

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 04:50 AM
Registered User
Germany, BW, Göppingen
Joined Aug 2012
70 Posts
I'm struggling with two battery packs right now:
What is the difference between
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dproduct=23820
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dproduct=11907

I'm just curious why the pack with 2000 mAh is lighter AND smaller than the 1800mAh.
I know the C rates are different, but is that the reason why a stronger battery pack could be lighter and smaller?
It makes no sense to me
Stoersender is offline Find More Posts by Stoersender
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 05:39 AM
Eternal beginner
Rollmops67's Avatar
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoersender View Post
I'm struggling with two battery packs right now:
What is the difference between
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dproduct=23820
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dproduct=11907

I'm just curious why the pack with 2000 mAh is lighter AND smaller than the 1800mAh.
I know the C rates are different, but is that the reason why a stronger battery pack could be lighter and smaller?
It makes no sense to me
For the same capacity a lipo battery has a tendency to be heavier when the maximum discharge current increases.
So for example a lipo battery with 2000 mAh and a maximal discharge current of 20C will "normaly" be lighter then a battery with the same capacity but a maximal discharge current of 40C.
There are also other factors like the technology and (or) the quality of the cells.
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 05:45 AM
Registered User
Germany, BW, Göppingen
Joined Aug 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
For the same capacity a lipo battery has a tendency to be heavier when the maximum discharge current increases.
So for example a lipo battery with 2000 mAh and a maximal discharge current of 20C will "normaly" be lighter then a battery with the same capacity but a maximal discharge current of 40C.
There are also other factors like the technology and (or) the quality of the cells.
Thx for your help that makes sense
Stoersender is offline Find More Posts by Stoersender
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 06:08 AM
Head in the clouds
slothy89's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoersender View Post
I'm struggling with two battery packs right now:
What is the difference between
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dproduct=23820
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dproduct=11907

I'm just curious why the pack with 2000 mAh is lighter AND smaller than the 1800mAh.
I know the C rates are different, but is that the reason why a stronger battery pack could be lighter and smaller?
It makes no sense to me
The actual main reason for the weight difference is the Wire and connector used.

The 2000mAh battery uses a small and light JST connector with around 20-24 AWG wire. Where as the 1800mAh battery uses the much thicker 12 AWG wire with a chunky XT-60 connector. These two alone would make up the 15g difference very quickly.
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 06:10 AM
Registered User
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Jul 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
Good morning !

It could come from a bent flybar that hasn't be well restraighten...
Also test your servos, if the arms have too much free play, this can also be a reason.

Roland
Hi Roland, thanks for assisting me on this. I'll check the servo accordingly, thanks again, cheers!
juang1430 is offline Find More Posts by juang1430
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 06:22 AM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
The first one are the people who make it for hobby king, it think. They just don't sell at very good price, which is common for most manufacturers.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 07:52 AM
Registered User
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Jul 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
Good morning !

It could come from a bent flybar that hasn't be well restraighten...
Also test your servos, if the arms have too much free play, this can also be a reason.

Roland
Hi Roland, I m back.... It appears that the servo arms & flybar are just fine. The only problem here is due to the tail motor which had became so hot during flight just now. I stopped the flight right away when the tail started to turn by itself without any movement of rudder joystick. I'll try to check the tail rotor gear in a moment to see if it is still okey... adios!!
juang1430 is offline Find More Posts by juang1430
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 10:05 AM
Registered User
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Jul 2012
90 Posts
Thats it!!! tail motor is dead...... have to get me a good replacement.. A bit reluctant to use the old type.. dead during the 39th flight only!!
juang1430 is offline Find More Posts by juang1430
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 10:28 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
rexless's Avatar
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,527 Posts
This is the same as what just happened to me. My tail motor got too hot I believe and just fried completely. I can't even get it to twitch. It was a hot 37 degrees here that day. From what I can see everyone recommends continuing to use the stock tail motor - some put on a heat sink to reduce the chances of heat killing the motor.
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:11 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
rexless's Avatar
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
The first one are the people who make it for hobby king, it think. They just don't sell at very good price, which is common for most manufacturers.
That would be interesting if they are the manufacturer but yeah the price isn't so exciting.

I'm not having much luck. The closest alternatives I can find are seemingly very different.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/75m60-heli...08-3500kv.html
http://www.hobbypartz.com/86ma54-2205-4500kv.html
http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dym-0012.html (no specs)

Hmm.. I just found this listing:
http://www.pronto.com/shop/250-brushless-motor

It has a couple that seem to be on the right track:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...s-Motor-3600KV
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...s-Motor-5600kV
http://compare.ebay.com/like/220984272166

Man, this is hard work!
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 09, 2012, 12:21 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
gordonzo's Avatar
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by juang1430 View Post
Hi there Chris....... My f45 seems a bit wobbly starting a few days back. I don't quite sure why, although it has crossed my mind that maybe the wind is the main culprit here as I usually flew it below the ceiling fan.. And when I switched off the fan, the wobbling decreased... However, it just won't go away fully... I never crashed the heli and its only flown indoor todate.. Any solution to this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by juang1430 View Post
Thats it!!! tail motor is dead...... have to get me a good replacement.. A bit reluctant to use the old type.. dead during the 39th flight only!!
IME just hovering is very hard on the motors. A friend of mine continuously hovers his until there is no lift (despite my warnings - I suggested he hover 5 min and allow some cool down, then fly a few more minutes). He got about 35 flights on his (first) main motor and 40 or so on his tail motor. His solution is to stock up on motors.

My F45 is flown mostly outdoors in a large field or park. No problems so far.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 05:28 PM
Registered User
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Jul 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
IME just hovering is very hard on the motors. A friend of mine continuously hovers his until there is no lift (despite my warnings - I suggested he hover 5 min and allow some cool down, then fly a few more minutes). He got about 35 flights on his (first) main motor and 40 or so on his tail motor. His solution is to stock up on motors.

My F45 is flown mostly outdoors in a large field or park. No problems so far.

regards . . . g
My main motor is still okey, but don't know until when. Yes, I usually flew mine for 10 to 12 minutes continuously
juang1430 is offline Find More Posts by juang1430
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2012, 05:35 PM
Registered User
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Jul 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
IME just hovering is very hard on the motors. A friend of mine continuously hovers his until there is no lift (despite my warnings - I suggested he hover 5 min and allow some cool down, then fly a few more minutes). He got about 35 flights on his (first) main motor and 40 or so on his tail motor. His solution is to stock up on motors.

My F45 is flown mostly outdoors in a large field or park. No problems so far.

regards . . . g
Maybe the best solution for this kind of flying is heat sink and air scoop...
juang1430 is offline Find More Posts by juang1430
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion On self stabilising single-rotor helis (FP/CP) and comparison to quadcopters and coax LMF5000 Electric Heli Talk 10 Apr 13, 2014 03:59 PM
Discussion UAV systems Single Rotor vs Multi Rotor iskoos UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 2 Jan 06, 2012 11:51 PM
Question Upgrading from Co-Axial to FP Single Rotor Judo JoNny Electric Heli Talk 57 Sep 20, 2010 01:10 PM
Discussion Best FP single rotor 4 CH Heli? helinewbie617 Micro Helis 76 Oct 31, 2009 08:16 PM
For Sale will trade my orbiter coaxial for a fp or cp single rotor heli micro heli Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Sep 05, 2007 02:36 PM