HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2012, 01:20 AM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,501 Posts
@Slothy89 oh now you've done it. Now I want to try that and see if it would work! I never thought of starting an emergency preparedness routine.

Or I guess I could just hook up a half dozen small motors with small blades along the tail all in parallel so that if any one fails the other 5 can take over! Ok, it's late and I have been sitting in the hot sun all day... nevermind...
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 01:58 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, Rotterdam
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
My red MJX f45 seems dead now,the indicator light is working right after open the heli,but It can not bind the TX at all,there is no any reaction after you open the TX,maybe it's can not connect the heli?or the battery run out?
Check if you did not accidently moved on of the two throttle changing buttons, if they are not in the correct position then you can't use the remote. Even if one of the two is slightly of position it fails to work.

Regards
Flyor is offline Find More Posts by Flyor
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:13 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
@Slothy89 oh now you've done it. Now I want to try that and see if it would work! I never thought of starting an emergency preparedness routine.

Or I guess I could just hook up a half dozen small motors with small blades along the tail all in parallel so that if any one fails the other 5 can take over! Ok, it's late and I have been sitting in the hot sun all day... nevermind...
Worth doing! If you just hold full left rudder, you should be able to synchronise the Elev and Aileron to the heli rotation to ease it across. Watch some video's of skilled pilots performing PiroFlips with 6Ch heli's. especially those which show the TX.

I myself have not successfully done it, but I know it is possible
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Aug 07, 2012, 06:08 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
Your tail motor failing on you was probably a rare occurence mine is still going strong after 50 plus flights coupled with BL main motor and it is very cheap to replace I think it's more wise to keep a couple spare I bought a whole tail assembly complete with tail boom for $13 from aliexpress!!
I agree. The converting the tail to brushless is not as easy as the main motor.
You will require Moki's method or installing a convertor or using a different receiver and replacing most of the electronics.
I have only replaced one tail motor and the original was just getting weak, it never failed. I have at least 40 to 50 flights on the new motor using the 11.1Volt brushless and the tail is handeling just fine.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:22 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyor View Post
Hi All,

I'm new on this group, bought my first F-45 a week ago, I have a small Walkera Lama2 and an Esky Lama V4 both coaxial, the F-45 is a complete different cookie :-) I did some tail in hovering in my living room the f-45 is to big to do anything else, but when I took it outside for its first flight what a difference, it flies, even in some wind, it handles really well, great machine, I love this machine,

But read on for the horror story:

Last night I did some hovering in the living room, the F-45 -fully trimmed- was rock solid, I thought lets feel how the gyro holds the tail by moving/rotating the helicopter by hand, I reached out an grabbed the helicopter, well that went great, the gyro tried to hold the tail steady by in- or decreasing the tail rotor speed, but here screwed up completely, at that time the remote slips in my other hand causing a full throttle, the helicopter rocketed upwards, slammed at full speed against the ceiling, I panicked and quickly moved the throttle completely down, of course immediately resulting in turning the helicopter into a fast falling brick, I reacted quickly by trying to break the fall with my foot, quick thinking om my part :-) but I moved my foot with the speed of a pro soccer player aiming for a coal in the World Cup and kicked the helicopter with great force under a nearby coffee table, yikes......... to make the disaster complete somehow I managed to give a full throttle again, resulting in a loud flapping “heartbreaking” noise from under the coffee table, and after that complete silence.................... nothing, just the ticking of the old French comtoise clock on the wall behind me.

Oke, eh right......... new hobby then, something safe, origami, throwing cotton balls, after a while I bend over to pick up the remnants of what once had been a beautiful RC heli from under the table........... but surprise, no remnants, I found the helicopter as....... well as a helicopter, no scattered parts, not even broken parts, just slightly bend tails struts not even a broken tail rotor.

Fully astonished I inspected the thing from top to bottom I couldn't find anything broken, just a very small crack in a not so important part, I hooked up the battery again, flicked on the remote, throttle up down to bind the set, took a deep breath and slowly moved the throttle up, right stick slightly to the right to compensate the drift, the F-45 as if nothing has happened took off and hovers rock solid as before :-)

Well done MJX, this thing is build as a tank, I know for sure that my Walkera or Esky had not survived this mishandling on my part, surely in the future something will break during a crash but it can take a while before that happens.

Excuse my English, I hope you enjoyed it anyway.
Happy flying guys :-)
I thought I was the only one that did stuff like that. Your right about the Walkera I accidently went full throttle and hit the ceiling and bounced around the room and did lots of damage. Took some stitches with that one. It is one tuff Heli.

Ray
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:31 PM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
644 Posts
Broken loops on main shaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by east_sider View Post
Easy questions for anyone/everyone - Does anyone here experience constant breakage of the loops on the main shaft? I'm on my third one already. The first two lasted about 20 batteries each. If not (or if so), does your heli have the '7' (bent) connectors or straight ones? Any suggestions to prevent breakage? Thanks in advance for the input!
I have 2 F45's and yes, I broke a loop on each one.
On the first it was on a crash (I think, I noticed the missing loop a few days later), but on the second I had never a hard crash and can't figure out when the loop broke.
The funny thing is the heli flies well with just one loop, but it's not reassuring to fly with a missing loop.
I ordered 5 main shafts on banggood, hope the don't take too long to arrive...

Have nice flights and smooth landings

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Aug 08, 2012, 04:23 PM
Joined Aug 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67 View Post
I have 2 F45's and yes, I broke a loop on each one.
On the first it was on a crash (I think, I noticed the missing loop a few days later), but on the second I had never a hard crash and can't figure out when the loop broke.
The funny thing is the heli flies well with just one loop, but it's not reassuring to fly with a missing loop.
I ordered 5 main shafts on banggood, hope the don't take too long to arrive...

Have nice flights and smooth landings

Roland
what is a loop?
AmitP is offline Find More Posts by AmitP
Old Aug 08, 2012, 04:59 PM
The Netherlands, ZH, Rotterdam
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc4 View Post
I thought I was the only one that did stuff like that. Your right about the Walkera I accidently went full throttle and hit the ceiling and bounced around the room and did lots of damage. Took some stitches with that one. It is one tuff Heli.

Ray
You're not the only one, search for "Gobelus MJX" on Youtube, he does some very weird stuff with helicopters................... very weird .
Flyor is offline Find More Posts by Flyor
Old Aug 08, 2012, 05:10 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Joined Apr 2012
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitP View Post
what is a loop?
It is the plastic part on the main shaft which the link from the swash to the blades passes through. The loops are there to ensure the swash rotates correctly with the rotation of the rotor.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:27 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,501 Posts
So I'm on Hobby King over the last week and it looks like the upgrades people like BThirsk are using are out of stock. I'm searching Ebay and Aliexpress for similar items and it seems there's nothing else I can find in the 4000kv brushless outrunners that has a weight anywhere near 23g. I can find alternatives for the lipos and not knowing much about ESC's it does look like there are others that might work.

I have the items set on my wishlist for now - but there must be somewhere else we can get the motor, gear and ESC ?
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:31 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Joined Apr 2012
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
So I'm on Hobby King over the last week and it looks like the upgrades people like BThirsk are using are out of stock. I'm searching Ebay and Aliexpress for similar items and it seems there's nothing else I can find in the 4000kv brushless outrunners that has a weight anywhere near 23g. I can find alternatives for the lipos and not knowing much about ESC's it does look like there are others that might work.

I have the items set on my wishlist for now - but there must be somewhere else we can get the motor, gear and ESC ?
I'm with you rexless, I have the EH200 and pinion wish listed with email notification on stock arrival. I found a couple different ESCs on HK which should also work fine. Such as: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=2168
Old Aug 08, 2012, 07:39 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
I'm with you rexless, I have the EH200 and pinion wish listed with email notification on stock arrival. I found a couple different ESCs on HK which should also work fine. Such as: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=2168
That ESC will work fine.
And yes, there are lots of other places to get motors. You just have to check sizes and make sure the bolt spacing is correct.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:57 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
3 Posts
Try beltal.com to see if they have it. They accept Paypal and I always shopping on it.
beltal is offline Find More Posts by beltal
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:12 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Joined Apr 2012
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beltal View Post
Try beltal.com to see if they have it. They accept Paypal and I always shopping on it.
Any chance you work for them? after all your name is there name.. Will have a look though
Old Aug 09, 2012, 12:27 AM
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Jul 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
Any chance you work for them? after all your name is there name.. Will have a look though
Hi there Chris....... My f45 seems a bit wobbly starting a few days back. I don't quite sure why, although it has crossed my mind that maybe the wind is the main culprit here as I usually flew it below the ceiling fan.. And when I switched off the fan, the wobbling decreased... However, it just won't go away fully... I never crashed the heli and its only flown indoor todate.. Any solution to this?
juang1430 is offline Find More Posts by juang1430