HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 05, 2012, 02:56 PM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitP View Post
anyone has something to say about this store/product?

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Mj...9-p-46451.html
I bought my second F45 there, and also some spare parts.

Pros : free shipping, good prices, I placed 3 orders so far and didn't had any problems.

Con : ass for many shops in China, delivery takes between 2 and 4 weeks (at least here in France)

Roland
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2012, 03:04 PM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
640 Posts
F 45 sliding to the right at high speed

For my last flights, I was on a large meadow, and i could fly fast forward for long distances.
I noticed that the faster the helicopter goes, the more it has a tendancy to slide to the right (I have to correct his trajectory with left aileron).
It's the same with my 2 F45's.
I am new in helicopters (only about 4 months with coaxes and 1 month with the F45), so i don't know if this behaviour is normal or not.

Maybe someone can enlighten me, thanks !

Roland

Edit : After a little brainstorming I suspect this could comme from the fact the heli has a fixed pitch and the rotor turns clockwise, so the blade coming from the back to the front (on the left side of the heli) has more lift (speed of the blade and of the heli adding on the left side and substractiong on the right side) ??
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Last edited by Rollmops67; Aug 05, 2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 03:35 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders37 View Post
Hi! RCCrashTestDummy, i found a place who indicate dimension information about fuselage and it's seem to fit on the F45. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bell-UH-1-Fu...item5648a3f2b0

Me, i must buy another F45 because i kill him in a very good crash on the nose, i will buy this fuselage and paint it in winter sad day.
Thanks R37!

Sorry to hear about your F45 though I think I'll order a second one as well because I know it's just a matter of time before I plow this thing into the ground.

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Aug 05, 2012, 03:37 PM
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
No problem with the flybar.

I believe the F45 is about 300 size. The canopy was a 450 size that I trimmed to be similar size. It is still 10+/- grams heavier, though.

regards . . . g
Kewl, thanks G.

-Pat
Old Aug 05, 2012, 03:46 PM
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinnerk View Post
Hello F45 friends!
i´m glad ifound this forum, so much information...
I got my F645 ( european F45 ) for a week now and made some changes:
First i put a washer under the swashplate to reduce the axial space of the rotor axle.
Then i placed heatsinks on the motors.
After i read of broken gyros, i put a big drop of hotglue around it to prevent it gets broken.
Today, after the mainmotor still gets very hot, i put a ventinghole into the canopy and covered it with mesh of stainless steel. This mod is very efectife, the mainmotor stays very much cooler after this.
The next mod i plan is to change both of the motors to brushless with BLheli controller for the tailmotor.

Hinnerk, thank you for posting those pictures, very helpful. I plan to use/make several of those mod's myself. Could you explain what effect the washer under the swashplate has on the F45?

Thanks,

-Pat
Old Aug 05, 2012, 03:59 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Hello F45 friends!
First i put a washer under the swashplate to reduce the axial space of the rotor axle.
After i read of broken gyros, i put a big drop of hotglue around it to prevent it gets broken.
Today, after the mainmotor still gets very hot, i put a ventinghole into the canopy and covered it with mesh of stainless steel. This mod is very efectife, the mainmotor stays very much cooler after this.
The next mod i plan is to change both of the motors to brushless with BLheli controller for the tailmotor.

Great job on canopy mod. Looks like it was done by a Pro. Brushless motors get hot to not as hot but they get hot. The ESC's get plenty warm also So any ventilation through there has got to help. The Dynam GY 192 is an economical head lock Gyro The Esky Telebee gyro is way to expensive and I didn't notice any difference. I wish they sold an ARF version of the MJX F45 then we could build them the way we want and maybe save a little. Take a look at the design of the Funcopter sometime.
rpc4 is online now Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Aug 05, 2012, 05:22 PM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
Joined Jun 2012
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc4 View Post
Great job on canopy mod. Looks like it was done by a Pro. Brushless motors get hot to not as hot but they get hot. The ESC's get plenty warm also So any ventilation through there has got to help. The Dynam GY 192 is an economical head lock Gyro The Esky Telebee gyro is way to expensive and I didn't notice any difference. I wish they sold an ARF version of the MJX F45 then we could build them the way we want and maybe save a little. Take a look at the design of the Funcopter sometime.
That would be cool. Or, we could design or own kit so every beginner that wants to can build his own. I've been trying to do this for quite sometime, but doesn't seem like a very popular idea so it's hard to find support.
Darsh is offline Find More Posts by Darsh
Old Aug 05, 2012, 05:45 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
765 Posts
Quote:
Hello F45 friends!
The next mod i plan is to change both of the motors to brushless with BLheli controller for the tail motor.
one thing I might mention is with your main motor heatsink, rotate it 180 degrees so it's on the back of the motor. You will need to bend the middle two fins inwards a little to make it fit, but I find that it works a lot better this way. My motor is warm rather than hot to the touch just by doing this.
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Aug 05, 2012, 06:13 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc4 View Post
I wish they sold an ARF version of the MJX F45 then we could build them the way we want and maybe save a little.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh View Post
That would be cool. Or, we could design or own kit so every beginner that wants to can build his own. I've been trying to do this for quite sometime, but doesn't seem like a very popular idea so it's hard to find support.
I think I agree with you guys. Since my tail motor blew I have ordered another stock tail but I'm trying to figure out where to go next. I really like the 11v BL mod that many are doing on here but now I'm wondering if I should be converting my tail motor to brushless? Then my next thought is, how can I reduce weight at the same time? I would imagine a carbon fibre main body would be much lighter. Then what about the main shaft and the swash and so on and so forth and then BOOM - my head explodes!
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 05, 2012, 06:35 PM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
Joined Jun 2012
325 Posts
Well, i've been entertaining for a split second the idea of installing a belt driven tail once the stock brush tail wears out, but the position of the elevator servo pretty much prevents this. I've taken some measures: main shaft is 6mm thick, and tail is 10mm. Now, while an esky king bee 3 uses a 10mm tail, a 6mm main shaft is unheard of, afaik, so i have no idea where to get the belt pulley. Or a better head for that matter, because i think that placing the swash under the main blades (the opposite as it is now) would increase responsiveness enough to make things interesting, but still maintain a decent stability.
Darsh is offline Find More Posts by Darsh
Old Aug 05, 2012, 06:52 PM
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh View Post
I'm with you. If we were forced to build our own Helicopter we would better understand what was going on with the mechanics of the thing. I'm thinking of anyone I teach how to fly installing a Co-pilot system on it. The money saved in parts is well worth it. and low end ones are becoming more affordable. I couldn't believe what a difference it does to a 6 ch machine let go of the sticks and just sit there and hovers. The thing I fly is a combo of three different Heli's all had their pluses and negatives I have always liked the looks and design of the Funcopter but it is way over priced. Love the direct drive, no gear on main motor, up-gradable to 6 ch .
rpc4 is online now Find More Posts by rpc4
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:24 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitP View Post
Jesus, just got back from the field after flying my new heli for the 3rd time (and crashing it to the ground) and got the exact same problem, the little black thingy was broken by the touch of a finger.
Is it possible to buy this part only and solder it to the PCB or must I buy a full PCB?
What? When I first read read that I thought, really? Jesus flew your helicopter . . . 3 times ?

But then I read again. One comma makes all the difference.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Aug 06, 2012, 01:00 AM
geo68
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
servo arm mods

I purchased the f45 because of this forum. It's definitely a good buy but i found out that moving the servo arms to outer point doesn't do much. It puts stress on the servos and the factory settings of the arms max it out before binding up the swash. This heli will dance forward backward side to side at full 100%. It needs a big area to open 'er up in. She slides a bit but if it wasn't challenging, it would be be a bore. Adjust the arms to max if you think it needs but listen to the stress on the servos. I LOVE THIS HELI.
geo68 is offline Find More Posts by geo68
Old Aug 06, 2012, 01:11 AM
geo68
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
Where did u get the rear motor sink?
geo68 is offline Find More Posts by geo68
Old Aug 06, 2012, 02:50 AM
Germany, BW, Göppingen
Joined Aug 2012
70 Posts
So I struggled with reducing the main and rear motor's heat as well
my (working) solution looks like this:

HoneyBee heatsinks on the main and tail motor + ventilation slots.
Now the main motor only gets half as warm as before

more tests when the weather gets better

Bought both of them here:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/261021825180?...84.m1439.l2649
http://www.ebay.de/itm/261035051897?...84.m1439.l2649
Stoersender is offline Find More Posts by Stoersender
Last edited by Stoersender; Aug 06, 2012 at 04:08 AM.